It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who cares? I don't live there!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

Exactly. It isn't that people don't care, they just cannot afford to focus on these things or they will be emotionally drained. There would be nothing but depression and negativity. It is difficult enough sometimes just to get through the day.

In a way i disagree with you Night, people can afford to complain about their president and debate for hours, people can afford the time to discuss and argue different religious points of views as well for posts and posts and posts... people can bicker as to why their country is better than yours and visa versa... bla bla bla...

What i mean is, why people cannot take off their blinkers and just have a look at the world around them... the story in India is just an example...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

But the people that do and are continually focused on those things can get emotionally drained and depressed. I used to be one of those people. There is only so much that one human being can do or can take. All our lives we wish for the world to change for the better, but how much actually changes?

It doesn't mean that we have to be unaware or can never speak of such things. I try to find a balance on how much I can handle and have to know when to take a break and stay away a while. Otherwise I would be deeply depressed, stressed and frustrated as hell. I have some depression and anxiety as it is and can only take so much myself.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I will be honest in saying that it's not that we don't care but our media outlets only display what they think will get them ratings and shameful as it might be it's not what's going on in other countries.

Doesn't make it right but it is what it is.....

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
know exactly what you mean .. see it alot ..
and yes am aware of the flood in india with 6000 missing .. along with ..
in china two executives of one of the western big pharma companies arrested for bribery , increasing costs of medicines and money laundering ..

all kinds of interesting things occuring in the world ..

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Hi Rodinus...and Everyone,
I care.
I think a lot of us here at ATS care, and that's why we are here. I no longer watch msm for the simple fact that it's mostly regurgitated Hollywood crap...or one particular story (or theme) that they want to shove down our throats.
I watch mostly documentaries...many about different countries/cultures. I have endless sympathy for people suffering anywhere.
At least on here, I can hear from people in different countries and get their personal perspectives on what's happening. I might not be able to change anything, but at least I'm aware.
Does it get depressing? Yes.
Caring for my sweet Altzheimer-ridden mother-in-law is also depressing, but it doesn't stop me.
Caring for others is always cool.

jacygirl

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Hear hear Jacygirl

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Au contraire, it annoys me that news channels imagine I could care a damn about stuff happening in other countries

unless

a) it's a major disaster, or

b) it will affect my life.

Do I really need to know, for instance, what party the South African people voted in?

I don't care!

Why should I?

Everything's global now and it's all hands-across-the-ocean fare every time I switch on the telly.

Well I'm sorry, I'm not feeling it.

Maybe it's because I'm 52, and maybe I'm a dinosaur, but leave me alone.

I'm not interested in Africa or India, OK?

Just in my own little patch.

For thousands of years we lived our entire lives in our own little village.

I don't 'think global', or that most people do.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join