It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who cares? I don't live there!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hi Folks,

It really niggles and narks me as to how some people can winge and whine about their own country non stop... Gvt this and President that bla bla bla... and never talk about what is going on around them...

Anyone heard about this?
India says nearly 6,000 missing a month after devastating floods

India officially declared on Monday that nearly 6,000 people were missing a month after flash floods ravaged large parts of its northern state of Uttarakhand, but stopped short of saying they were presumed dead.

www.reuters.com...

BUT, it would not matter if it happened of course in your country would it?

You have more important matters to complain about!

"Naaaaa, not important is it, not going on in my patch of the woods so why should i care... lets just wait until there is a shooting in my country and 1 person is dead and then call it a conspiracy..." stuff it if 6000 people are missing in another country!

Really narks me how sometime people can be so trivial when all around them they care not to look...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 15-7-2013 by Rodinus because: phrase added

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Who cares? I don't live there!!!,
Everywhere lives people my friend here and there,and all of them feel the same way,and all of them need to be loved,rich and poor,healthy and ill...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

But i think you know what i mean Piequal?

Certain people can be so self centered and are unable to take off their slippers to venture outside of the closed in world that they live in? (unless of course they feel targeted!)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The nonchalant attitude towards off-land suffering you describe certainly sounds crass. I don't fancy the opposite, however. Imagine the inner emotional cacophony that would result if we indeed felt sorrow for every individual disaster in the world on top of the ones going on in our own countries and individual lives.

The world is huge, and a lot happens. When it comes to personal involvement, civilization must partition itself for the sake of efficiency... and sanity.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Certain people can be so self centered and are unable to take off their slippers to venture outside of the closed in world that they live in? (unless of course they feel targeted!)
"L'être humain est un univers que nous ne pouvons concevoir avec l'esprit."

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Yeah, I know what you mean...

I have just returned back to the UK, after living in Australia for four years and people moaned their backsides off and really got on my nerves, to the point where I couldn't be around some folks. Then I returned back to the UK, and then everybody was moaning here as well....

I just think it's a world wide feeling at the moment and nobody seems to be happy, which unfortunately makes me feel sad and I hate it......

Come on world, cheer up a bit.........

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
The nonchalant attitude towards off-land suffering you describe certainly sounds crass. I don't fancy the opposite, however. Imagine the inner emotional cacophony that would result if we indeed felt sorrow for every individual disaster in the world on top of the ones going on in our own countries and individual lives.

The world is huge, and a lot happens. When it comes to personal involvement, civilization must partition itself for the sake of efficiency... and sanity.

Exactly. It isn't that people don't care, they just cannot afford to focus on these things or they will be emotionally drained. There would be nothing but depression and negativity. It is difficult enough sometimes just to get through the day.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I don't want to sound sarcastic Ella, but sometimes people even have more compassion for a single rabbit (there is a post here)...

6000 missing people is a lot!

Maybe if this was converted to 6000 religious pro president x rabbits there would be more compassion and reaction?

Kindest respects

Rodius

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Exactly. It isn't that people don't care, they just cannot afford to focus on these things or they will be emotionally drained. There would be nothing but depression and negativity. It is difficult enough sometimes just to get through the day.

In a way i disagree with you Night, people can afford to complain about their president and debate for hours, people can afford the time to discuss and argue different religious points of views as well for posts and posts and posts... people can bicker as to why their country is better than yours and visa versa... bla bla bla...

What i mean is, why people cannot take off their blinkers and just have a look at the world around them... the story in India is just an example...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Sure, some among us can muster up a "what a shame, what a shame", but unless we were actually raised in those countries' conditions, we can't truly empathize. Any sympathies of ours are like scraps, and seem almost self-congratulatory in its level of supposed caring.
I wouldn't care about any expressions of idle sympathy towards our own ills, therefore.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

When considering some of the things people bitch and complain about, relatively speaking there are some serious problems in the world that need attention. As others in this thread have pointed out, a person cannot care about every single issue in the world. Topics you find important, I may find petty and vice-versa. I saw recently what, to me, seemed to be one of the most vapid headlines in quite some time. It read something like "Royal baby will never get to know Princess Diana". Yeah, well there's a few million other people the baby won't have the opportunity of knowing. This is a subject near and dear to many, but silly and trivial to me. Yet, I respect the right to choose. I'm thankful we are all able to select what issues we wish to support and remain hopeful that there are enough people to care about the things I do not.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Misanthropy is a whole different issue, I think.
Anyway, is your point mostly that people just don't pay any regard whatsoever to what goes on, rather than that they can't, well, angst about them to the max? (no snark intended)

edit on 15-7-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Rodinus

Misanthropy is a whole different issue, I think.
Anyway, is your point mostly that people just don't pay any regard whatsoever to what goes on, rather than that they can't... well, angst about them to the max? (no snark intended)

Thanks for your comment Ella,

My point is why can't people just stop complaining about the "trivial" things in life so to speak and open up their eyes to what is going on around them. Why are many people so self centered....

I understand and accept that cultural differences have alot to do with this, but sometimes its just oh so frustrating!

But, its just my rant of the month i guess!

Kindest resects

Rodinus
edit on 15-7-2013 by Rodinus because: word added

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

In a way i disagree with you Night, people can afford to complain about their president and debate for hours, people can afford the time to discuss and argue different religious points of views as well for posts and posts and posts... people can bicker as to why their country is better than yours and visa versa... bla bla bla...

What i mean is, why people cannot take off their blinkers and just have a look at the world around them... the story in India is just an example...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

One can take notice of something, but elect not to discuss it. Are you taking more exception to the fact people aren't discussing certain issues?

edit: I'm a deliberate typer and miss a few posts while doing so. Sorry 'bout that.
edit on 15-7-2013 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Hi,

Quoting you here :

"One can take notice of something, but elect not to discuss it. Are you taking more exception to the fact people aren't discussing certain issues?"

Exactly... some people choose the most trivial things to complain and debate about when there are more important things going on around them.

I can understand this, as i said to Ella, but just sometimes i find it downright arrogant, annoying and frustrating...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 15-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap grammar

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Oh, you mean, replace the silly headlines with events that actually have substantial impact. I'm actually curious as to what would happen among the general populace if they tried that. Complaints galore, probably.
I wonder if the attention towards less important things is actually a form of cognitive dissonance or something like that, keeping us from letting ourselves get overloaded. I'm hardly qualified to talk. As a hypochondriac, most or all of my energy is spent on distracting myself from my anxiety. On principle, I silently acknowledge outside suffering when I hear about it, but my actual mental energy is pretty much constantly burned out. Actively looking for bad news is out of the question, at least currently.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
Hi,

Quoting you here :

"One can take notice of something, but elect not to discuss it. Are you taking more exception to the fact people aren't discussing certain issues?"

Exactly... some people choose the most trivial things to complain and debate about when there are more important things going on around them.

I can understand this, as i said to Ella, but just sometimes i find it downright arrogant, annoying and frustrating...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 15-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap grammar

I understand, respect and to some degree agree with your point. Would it be unfair to say you may be a bit arrogant and egocentric for not approving a certain group's topic of conversation or how they choose to prioritize their interests? I certainly don't feel this way about you, just asking for purposes of discussion.
edit on 15-7-2013 by FatherStacks because: spelling etc.

edit on 15-7-2013 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FatherStacks

Sheesh no, and i can understand and fully respect that you might think or suggest that i am arrogant and egocentric for not approving a certain group's topic of conversation... however, these types of topics i observe and read everyday as can sometimes be interesting depending on who participates and sometimes even contribute myself if i feel that i have something pertinent to add.

All am trying to say is (and as i stipulated it is just my rant of the month), sometimes i get a little fed up with the way that people can find such topics as President X this and that and religion X this and that (which have been debated crikey knows how many times in the past) much more important when there are other equally important world topics which deserve a larger attention span.

However, i can equally understand and also respect that some people cannot hatch out from the cosy little cocoon that they have knitted for themselves.

Just needed to rant and get it off my chest, thats all...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 15-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

edit on 15-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Another word added... tertiory stages of Alzheimers...

edit on 15-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Yet another word added

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
reply to post by Rodinus

"L'être humain est un univers que nous ne pouvons concevoir avec l'esprit."

Ehhhh oui!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Respectfully, could a topic's importance perhaps be gauged by the degree of what can be done about it, rather than the impact it had on the surrounding populace?

My theory is that it's a subconscious quest for a possible solution that keeps people's conversations spinning incessantly about a certain thing. Even if that solution is never achieved, the mind of the masses will never stop trying.
In the case of a massive accident, the victims are dead-- the game's over. Hence, one's mind doesn't prioritize it in the solution quest.

Anyway, I totally understand the need to rant, even if it's a little thing. My journal is filled with those 'monthly gripes'... hehe.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join