Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?

page: 3
7
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 





No it isn't. Everyone worships at least one thing, most worship several. Worship is nothing more than ascribing great worth to someone or something.


What you describe is respect and appreciation. Worship is obsession, and that's a sickness.


Sorry, can't find a single definition that either uses the word "obsession" or "sickness". In fact, most say "great admiration or regard". Everyone on Earth worships at least one thing, most people worship several.




In YOUR religious context you are suppose to love god with every fiber of your being - heart, mind, and soul. Like Abraham, if you heard god telling you to sacrifice your kid, you would do it. That, to you, is worship. And THAT is a sick obsession.




posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj
 





In YOUR religious context you are suppose to love god with every fiber of your being - heart, mind, and soul. Like Abraham, if you heard god telling you to sacrifice your kid, you would do it. That, to you, is worship. And THAT is a sick obsession.

that is simple logic for someone who is certain that there is God. Abraham pbuh knew God exist, he was saved from the fire earlier. So for him obeying God was not really as it is for you or me.
Yes loving God by heart, mind and strength is essential to kill the ego that makes people pompous "i know it all/better" fools!



posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by Visitor2012
It's the nature of all of us, to seek the boundlessness of our own existence. It could be in the form of a search for an external God, the Universe, something within yourself or outside of yourself, using tools like science, religion or spirituality. And that drive, desire or search is as natural as a tree growing in the Forrest. All of these methods of searching for answers sprout from the same root within us all. So to call one method, a defect or benefit , is a judgment nobody is qualified to make, because we're ALL doing the same thing.

If you are trying to grow in your understanding of your place within this Universe, regardless of your approach to the problem, ask yourself: 'Is my yearning a defect or a benefit?' . Your answer is the only Honest one you're going to get.


edit on 15-7-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)


I can understand the seeking. As a Gnostic Christian, that is what I do. Even after my apotheosis, I set aside the God I found, raise the bar of my expectation and continued seeking the next step of Jacob's ladder. So to speak.

Believers in no way seek the boundlessness of their own existence because they have settled on idol worshipping their Godinabook.

I would say that is a defect.

Regards
DL



Idol worshipping for the purposes of seeking the boundlessness of their own existence. In other words, for the purposes of aquiring MORE in life both externally and within. In the Hinduu culture, they worship many representations of God. Many thousands. This is because EVERYTHING is a part of the whole. Everything is God expressed in form. To them, worshipping an idol, (or any expression of creation) is worshipping the whole of existence! They bow to everything and their view and experience of life, or God is ALL inclusive, to the point that worshipping any One thing is worshipping it ALL. I'm just saying, the taboo of idol worshipping comes mainly from religious teachings.



posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am
 




When we use the word god or gods, it comes from the contexts of the human psyche, which is either seeded by or expressed through Abrahamic texts (teachings) and of course many other non-related writings. All of these things are of human interpretation.

The universe is a weave of evolving people, places and things. In terms of intelligence, there are no gods, not as we suppose. The universe consists of beings within a hierarchical stratum ranging from premortal to primitive to immortal. And of course everything in between.

Many suns and worlds may come and pass, but consciousness is always alive. We have allot to look forward to.



posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am
Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?


I think its perfectly natural. We know who our genetic matteral CLAY form human parentage are/is but I wonder about the spirit form that exists within me (ME GOD). THIS thing animated is my vessel, the other is that which annimates it (ME). I worship NO THING; others that may need the assurance of a God being IN TRUST to BELIEVE IN bless them so as they are not WRONG; MISINFORMED or lied to as this is all a question of ones personal faith (belief system).
edit on 17-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by logical7
reply to post by jiggerj
 





In YOUR religious context you are suppose to love god with every fiber of your being - heart, mind, and soul. Like Abraham, if you heard god telling you to sacrifice your kid, you would do it. That, to you, is worship. And THAT is a sick obsession.

that is simple logic for someone who is certain that there is God. Abraham pbuh knew God exist, he was saved from the fire earlier. So for him obeying God was not really as it is for you or me.
Yes loving God by heart, mind and strength is essential to kill the ego that makes people pompous "i know it all/better" fools!


Why was Abraham shown to itself by God? Why cannot we also be Abrahams and God show itself to Us as Well? Are we not as special as its constituants. How can I obey a God that refuses to proclaim itself to me yet for Abraham or Moses or Jesus is a walkabout journeyman? Why am I different than they, what makes the modern man, the medieval man different that we cannot have the same diologe with God as was purported John did? I am a human, what makes a prophet any different than myself as a potencial beleiver in a God aspect and why am I left in the dark to "PRAY" to what exactly, and to what purpose, Jesus prayed enough to have Angelic forms speak to him? His missionary is proven, I say its false testimony. I say if we are of God, we should have the same plainspeaking, the same enlightenment. As I see it only certain individuals were allowed the progression of the message. Why not all at once equally given the same voice; to speak to as serfs, or slaves or minor shire managers, or priests, nuns.. come on. there is an inequality going on and with that comes the deception. THERE MAY NOT BE A GOD AT ALL.
edit on 17-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


Seems like you've already made up your mind.

So why ask the question?

You cant imply that you are open for debate when your bias shows.



posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 





No it isn't. Everyone worships at least one thing, most worship several. Worship is nothing more than ascribing great worth to someone or something.


What you describe is respect and appreciation. Worship is obsession, and that's a sickness.


Sorry, can't find a single definition that either uses the word "obsession" or "sickness". In fact, most say "great admiration or regard". Everyone on Earth worships at least one thing, most people worship several.




In YOUR religious context you are suppose to love god with every fiber of your being - heart, mind, and soul. Like Abraham, if you heard god telling you to sacrifice your kid, you would do it. That, to you, is worship. And THAT is a sick obsession.


So you resort to a rant?


Get back if you can find a single definition that says "obsession" or "sickness". If not, I've won this argument.


edit on 17-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am
 



That means that you, even if you pray daily and hard, are likely going to hell along with most of those you know.


Not really, it takes faith to pray to him, and it is written "whosoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved". You couldn't even call on him unless you have hope in him. You would feel ridiculous praying to him if you had no faith in him, and give up trying.



a sense, you should feel sorry for those few who make it to heaven as they must spend eternity watching their loved ones in purposeless torture. That would drive any moral person insane


Why should we feel sorry for people who get to Heaven/Paradise? Jesus is going to make us forget about the things that cause us sorrow, we won't even remember those who were lost, being written out of the book of life, the lost will cease to exist to God. It will be like he never created them in the first place. We won't be watching them do anything, our eyes will be on the Lord.




Why then, if you are a believer, do you need or want to worship a God if not for the reward you think it will bring you?


What you're speaking about is salvation by works, and then you do not believe in him, but you believe in your own power that your salvation is won by your own merit which contradicts salvation by grace. We don't worship him for a reward, we worship him because he already came and saved us, and for our part all we have to do is reach out and take his hand. We worship him because we love him and of all the Kings ever born into this earth, Jesus was the one who could die so that others could live and that is inspirational.
edit on 17-7-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by logical7
reply to post by jiggerj
 





In YOUR religious context you are suppose to love god with every fiber of your being - heart, mind, and soul. Like Abraham, if you heard god telling you to sacrifice your kid, you would do it. That, to you, is worship. And THAT is a sick obsession.

that is simple logic for someone who is certain that there is God. Abraham pbuh knew God exist, he was saved from the fire earlier. So for him obeying God was not really as it is for you or me.
Yes loving God by heart, mind and strength is essential to kill the ego that makes people pompous "i know it all/better" fools!


Be it for God or not, any man that kills his son for any reason, God or not, has no moral sense and will go to hell as he deserves. So would any God who asked for such a thing.

Such is from Satan and if bible God asked, then he is Satan.

Regards
DL



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by Visitor2012
It's the nature of all of us, to seek the boundlessness of our own existence. It could be in the form of a search for an external God, the Universe, something within yourself or outside of yourself, using tools like science, religion or spirituality. And that drive, desire or search is as natural as a tree growing in the Forrest. All of these methods of searching for answers sprout from the same root within us all. So to call one method, a defect or benefit , is a judgment nobody is qualified to make, because we're ALL doing the same thing.

If you are trying to grow in your understanding of your place within this Universe, regardless of your approach to the problem, ask yourself: 'Is my yearning a defect or a benefit?' . Your answer is the only Honest one you're going to get.


edit on 15-7-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)


I can understand the seeking. As a Gnostic Christian, that is what I do. Even after my apotheosis, I set aside the God I found, raise the bar of my expectation and continued seeking the next step of Jacob's ladder. So to speak.

Believers in no way seek the boundlessness of their own existence because they have settled on idol worshipping their Godinabook.

I would say that is a defect.

Regards
DL



Idol worshipping for the purposes of seeking the boundlessness of their own existence. In other words, for the purposes of aquiring MORE in life both externally and within. In the Hinduu culture, they worship many representations of God. Many thousands. This is because EVERYTHING is a part of the whole. Everything is God expressed in form. To them, worshipping an idol, (or any expression of creation) is worshipping the whole of existence! They bow to everything and their view and experience of life, or God is ALL inclusive, to the point that worshipping any One thing is worshipping it ALL. I'm just saying, the taboo of idol worshipping comes mainly from religious teachings.



Wherever it comes from, it is a a good idea but one that Christian idol worshipers of Godinabook have forgotten.

Regards
DL



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by g2v12
reply to post by Greatest I am
 




When we use the word god or gods, it comes from the contexts of the human psyche, which is either seeded by or expressed through Abrahamic texts (teachings) and of course many other non-related writings. All of these things are of human interpretation.

The universe is a weave of evolving people, places and things. In terms of intelligence, there are no gods, not as we suppose. The universe consists of beings within a hierarchical stratum ranging from premortal to primitive to immortal. And of course everything in between.

Many suns and worlds may come and pass, but consciousness is always alive. We have allot to look forward to.


Yes and hampering that view with fantasy, miracles and magic is to do a dis-service to the mind.

Regards
DL



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Originally posted by Greatest I am
Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?


I think its perfectly natural. We know who our genetic matteral CLAY form human parentage are/is but I wonder about the spirit form that exists within me (ME GOD). THIS thing animated is my vessel, the other is that which annimates it (ME). I worship NO THING; others that may need the assurance of a God being IN TRUST to BELIEVE IN bless them so as they are not WRONG; MISINFORMED or lied to as this is all a question of ones personal faith (belief system).
edit on 17-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)


So. It is natural to be subservient to our faith in ourselves.

You would have to rephrase this. I have no idea what you said.

Regards
DL
edit on 21-7-2013 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If anything I would say the earliest humans had it right. They worshiped the Sun, if anything I would say the Sun has given way more to man than any man made God.



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diisenchanted
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


Seems like you've already made up your mind.

So why ask the question?

You cant imply that you are open for debate when your bias shows.


Do you only ask of things that you have no answer too?

Regards
DL



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Greatest I am
 



That means that you, even if you pray daily and hard, are likely going to hell along with most of those you know.


Not really, it takes faith to pray to him, and it is written "whosoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved". You couldn't even call on him unless you have hope in him. You would feel ridiculous praying to him if you had no faith in him, and give up trying.



a sense, you should feel sorry for those few who make it to heaven as they must spend eternity watching their loved ones in purposeless torture. That would drive any moral person insane


Why should we feel sorry for people who get to Heaven/Paradise? Jesus is going to make us forget about the things that cause us sorrow, we won't even remember those who were lost, being written out of the book of life, the lost will cease to exist to God. It will be like he never created them in the first place. We won't be watching them do anything, our eyes will be on the Lord.




Why then, if you are a believer, do you need or want to worship a God if not for the reward you think it will bring you?


What you're speaking about is salvation by works, and then you do not believe in him, but you believe in your own power that your salvation is won by your own merit which contradicts salvation by grace. We don't worship him for a reward, we worship him because he already came and saved us, and for our part all we have to do is reach out and take his hand. We worship him because we love him and of all the Kings ever born into this earth, Jesus was the one who could die so that others could live and that is inspirational.
edit on 17-7-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)


Sure. And you pay for that inspiration by selling your soul to Satan.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning.
He would know that barbaric human sacrifice is immoral.

You do too. Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence.

When you die, Satan will ask you; How was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

When you say yes, you become his.

Regards
DL



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
If anything I would say the earliest humans had it right. They worshiped the Sun, if anything I would say the Sun has given way more to man than any man made God.


For sure.

Regards
DL



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Originally posted by Greatest I am
Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?


I think its perfectly natural. We know who our genetic matteral CLAY form human parentage are/is but I wonder about the spirit form that exists within me (ME GOD). THIS thing animated is my vessel, the other is that which annimates it (ME). I worship NO THING; others that may need the assurance of a God being IN TRUST to BELIEVE IN bless them so as they are not WRONG; MISINFORMED or lied to as this is all a question of ones personal faith (belief system).
edit on 17-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)


So. It is natural to be subservient to our faith in ourselves.
You would have to rephrase this. I have no idea what you said.Regards
DL


If you believe yourself to be a "god partical" that of which is God incarnated its only natural to be subservient to faith in OURSELVES as well. We are its vessel. The spirit that animates this clay came from God, a piece of it as it devided itself to do so. I dont have to worship the thing I already know I am, not equal to certainly but remain its progeny none the less. I dont worship my physical parents as example.



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
If anything I would say the earliest humans had it right. They worshiped the Sun, if anything I would say the Sun has given way more to man than any man made God.


Radiation is the key of life (I suspect its the 'animating factor').
edit on 21-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by g2v12
reply to post by Greatest I am
 




When we use the word god or gods, it comes from the contexts of the human psyche, which is either seeded by or expressed through Abrahamic texts (teachings) and of course many other non-related writings. All of these things are of human interpretation.

The universe is a weave of evolving people, places and things. In terms of intelligence, there are no gods, not as we suppose. The universe consists of beings within a hierarchical stratum ranging from premortal to primitive to immortal. And of course everything in between.

Many suns and worlds may come and pass, but consciousness is always alive. We have allot to look forward to.


Yes and hampering that view with fantasy, miracles and magic is to do a dis-service to the mind.

Regards
DL



My opinion of the universe is scientific and logical proposition. This includes evidence from scientific experimentation as well as ancient texts. But I see the purely religious view of the universe as a superimposed thought grid of mysticism and alchemy. Anyone of intellectual honesty will finally conclude that religion is a distraction having undeniable roots in the imagination. In thought, people often approach reality from opposing edges of the spectrum. Their self examination is nevertheless of good conscious. We are all responsible intellects with an ethically evolving world view. And that's an important factor that garners a bit of honor.

I was a priest for twenty six years before the fog of faith finally cleared. And then there was light! So, I understand where people are coming from and have a certain private respect for wherever a person is in terms of his or her sense of reality.

From that perspective, its hard to criticize opposing opinions since there's a chance that an individual will seek new information that can alter his perception of the environment and thus his place.

edit on 21-7-2013 by g2v12 because: (no reason given)
edit on 21-7-2013 by g2v12 because: (no reason given)





new topics
top topics
 
7
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join