It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Alternative News Sources under attack?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Are Alternative News Sources under attack?

Yesterday there was a article from a Mod on Beforeitsnews about them being under attack and then today it's down. Hope we don't suffer that fate here!
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Are the PTB taking out the big alternative news sites?
(I know many here don't like it but it certainly has lots of visitors)

When I tried logging on to www.beforeitsnews.com it's dead. Gave me a 404 error and then a dns error and something else. Are there any other sites going down?

Is ATS next to be censored? I sure hope not!!!

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kazootica

Seems like your link was also stolen by TPTB Kazoo?

But hats off to them, they awarded you 2 stars and 2 flags for a copy paste! (now 3)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 15-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

edit on 15-7-2013 by Rodinus because: word added again

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I would like to read the story but the link you mention isn't here?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Beforeitsnews is pretty well known for having news beforeitwasntnews too, so thats probably why (guess)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Over the past month, I have noticed that ATS is been attacked by DOS because it seems impossible to get onto the site. Its not just me who has this, there has been many people saying this too.

Don;t know if this has anything to do with TBTB, but somebody somewhere is trying to annoy us.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
There seems to be a little sub-culture of terminally bored and exceptionally immature children running around who figure it's great fun to target the large sites. We've all watched as ATS has been hammered over and over by this clique of delinquents. GLP took attacks around the same times (and some sites even claim ATS and GLP work together, run by the same people
). Now it's BIN's turn for some time in the hot seat. Well, not surprising.

It IS summer time. Kiddies get bored and boredom leads to mischief. Unfortunately, it's damned harmful mischief in this case and I sincerely hope one of these large sites sees a few of them prosecuted and put in an 8x10 with no computer for awhile to consider how "funny" it is to deprive others of their ability to make a living and run a business.

The ad revenue represents the financial loss and the numbers can rise quick enough for a federal prosecution with real meaning, REAL fast.

We can hope anyway. I'd call it a little gift in the karma category to open the headlines and see some punks getting perp walked down their front walk for hacking and disrupting some of the larger sites on the net. Oh Yes...I'd certainly call that progress.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah Wrabbit, the little miscreants will DDoS your connection over a bad game of *insert latest xbox FPS title here*.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kazootica

My ATS browsing here has been 404'ing about 2 out of every 30 page requests and then refreshing or re-submitting will bring me to the page. This has been happening to me since about 6PM CDT yesterday. I am not having trouble with any other site and I am online a lot.

Aren't there alternative connections to ATS for when DDOS's happen?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
At present, it would be futile to try and stifle alternative sources of news because thanks to technological and the integration of mass social media, we all act as "Alternative News Sources".

Every time we tweet, post, like, dislike and share, we are providing the global community with our own news.

I think eventually, certain groups will try to reign in these social media sources and try to gain control. We already know a variety of platforms like facebook and twitter are already being monitored. The next logical step would be to attempt to censor it.

I hope this would be resist, but as time progresses, many people are becoming more and more apathetic.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
ATS has decided to disable links to Before it's news, so dat's why the link from here won't work. otherwise, i don't know why you would be having a problem.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I wouldn't consider BiN an alternative 'news' site. So, your ONE data point - also, never a good idea - is somewhat lacking.

Got any others?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Here's the deal
**ALL MEMBERS*** Before Its News as a source

Thread closed....to be removed.

top topics

join