It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blues Legend assaulted for dedicating song to Trayvon Martin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
www.examiner.com...

“Dylan Here.... Lester was just assaulted on stage at The Russell City Hayward Blues Festival by a crazed woman after dad dedicated ‘People Get Ready’ to Trayvon Martin. He is on the way to the hospital now.”

Lester Chambers, founding member of popular 1960s recording artists, The Chambers Brothers, was on stage at The Russell City Hayward Blues Festival tonight when his son said the attack occurred. It is indeed disturbing news for the 73-year-old singer, who just yesterday announced on his Facebook page, he’d completed the last hurdle prior to releasing his first album in over 40 years.

In the wake of protests over the Zimmerman verdict, let's not lose sight that the sword is swinging both ways. Now, even remembering Trayvon, while on stage, is grounds to get assaulted in some places.

(This is the search query that was used. If there is already another thread, don't blame me, blame the functionality of samuru.con

abovetopsecret.com.samuru.com... )

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

Yes. People on both sides of this issue CAN be outrageous and violent.

I wish for peace... And I hope Mr. Chambers is OK.
edit on 7/15/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Likewise. The agenda of the Media and the POTUS is definitely starting to play out now. I hope it doesn't get worse as the heat of summer continues.

join