It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huntingdon, Que Mayor Stéphane Gendron Says On Air That He Enjoys Running Over Stray Cats

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

After saying over the airwaves of a French-language radio station that he enjoyed killing stray cats, Huntingdon, Que. mayor Stéphane Gendron once again landed himself in hot water. "If a stray cat is in the street, BANG, I accelerate," he exclaimed while laughing on Radio X, where he moonlights as a shock-jock. "The other day, I backed up over a one that had just come into the world. I'm sure it didn’t feel anything. I was very happy. Yes!" he continued.

news.ca.msn.com... or-says-he-enjoys-killing-stray-cats-2

*SNIP
edit on 7/15/2013 by Mirthful Me because: Recruiting Content Removed.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Sorry link to article not working. I hope this corrects it.

news.ca.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Caroline13456

You know there have been a few (serial killers) that in their life histories...started out killing cats...(end of sarcasm).

I'm just saying.

Obviously the guy is a jerk!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Tabar.....

Really dumb this guy.

but the sad thing is, this guy gets reelected over and over again and is really liked by his people. He really put Huntington "On the Map"

Anyway, what a jerk!!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I just hope that karma allows this mayor to meet up with a person who 'enjoys' running over people who enjoy running over cats.

jacygirl

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
On a completely unrelated subject...

Glad to see more post coming out of "La belle Province"

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

You said it!

Indication of mental instability?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Cats are pretty easy to kill id imagine, being all domesticated and such. Wheres the fun in that?

This guy probably enjoys a wide array of stupid but easy evil things to do in his spare time, which judging by the title, is plenty.....

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

How dare he make a joke!!

I get real sick of the politically correct people demanding stuff because they are outraged....its his right to say it and your right to be offended.
Get off your high horse and get over it people...it was a joke.

Que. mayor sorry for saying he enjoys killing stray cats By QMI Agency Share on facebook Share on stumbleupon Share on live Share on fark More Sharing Services Stéphane Gendron, mayor of Huntingdon. (QMI Agency file) A Quebec mayor said he was using "dark humour" when said on his radio show that he enjoys running over stray cats with his pickup truck.

cnews.canoe.ca...

edit on 15-7-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Don't worry, the cats have noted all of his actions down. Does he not know that cats used to be gods and that when they rise up and take their rightful place, he will be gutted, stuffed with cat nip and be a plaything for their imperial majesties.

Seriously though, he should be stripped of office and forced to undergo some heavy duty counselling. If you can treat an animal this way, it's a small step to the mistreatment of humans.

Best Regards

The Fifth Cat

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I witnessed a guy accelerate to attempt to run over a cat (he missed).
It was my cat and he just went a couple hundred feet up the street and pulled in a a local tavern.
I walked to the tavern and sliced off his valve stems then went in for a beer.
He was still there when I left so I don't know how he reacted when he went out.
Attempting to murder a domestic animal is criminal, the mayor should be brought to justice.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It was JUST A JOKE!!
(most on this thread ignored that part)
Deny ignorance,don't embrace it.

Somebody made a JOKE and people are offended????
Howard Stern,Opie and Anthony,Jim Norton,Bill Burr etc etc.

Do you people want to tar and feather them too for tasteless jokes??

Being politically correct is not for the people who like to think,its for the people who want a reaction aka a troll.

The other thing about this that bothers me is this quote..

How can a public figure, an elected member of a municipality, talk like that?"

Would people prefer the fake status quo talk???
The robot politician who says the same crap as every other politician??
The same standard answers and lies??

I prefer a real person who would have no problem telling the politically correct to shove it.
Its too bad the guy buckled and said sorry...i would have respected him more if he didn't,it would have showed a backbone in a world of spineless politicians.

Rant over.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I don't think he was joking. He considers stray cats a "plague". That may be so, but they should be put up for adoption or euthanized, not run over.

If you scan the news you can find comments made by him like this one:

“The other day, I backed up on one, it was a newborn”, he said on-air. “I’m sure he didn’t feel anything. The pickup truck ran on it like nothing. I was so happy, yes! One less.”

When referring to someone at the SPCA euthanizing cats he commented:

“Oh yeah,” said Gendron. “She was in charge of gas chambers. What a brilliant woman!”

The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) has denounced the remarks.

Link

There is something wrong with this guy.

Quebec cats are not amused:

edit on 16-7-2013 by ionwind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Stephane Gendron is a turd.

He is renowned in Quebec for making inflammatory and abrasive comments, and its not the first time he back-pedaled by saying that his mouth diarrhea was a joke.
In fact he is a joke himself. And not a funny one.

I had to put down my 9 year old cat 2 weeks ago, he was my best friend and it broke my heart completely. He was sick and I simply did not have the resources to treat him. It was a hard decision to make. But I did it thinking it was the best decision for him.

I usually pay no attention to Gendron, but reading this, in the actual mood that I am right now, I might be gladly mistaking my brake pedal for my gas one if I ever see him crossing the street. And then I'll just back up and say "Sorry, it was a joke."

DISCLAIMER : This is just a rant. I am not saying I want to kill the guy. I'll just tune him out like usual.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I have deleted what I wrote because the Lady above me is in pain from her loss and what I said (in jest) wouldn't have been amusing to some one in her predicament. I am so sorry that your friend is gone, may your God go with you.
edit on 16-7-2013 by windsorblue because: I am an idiot

edit on 16-7-2013 by windsorblue because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2013 by windsorblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I wonder what in my post hinted that I am a lady
lol
I guess its because usually women prefer cats while men like dogs... I don't know.
I'm just a man who had an awesome cat.
Anyways, thank you for your kind words.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SolidGoal

It was your avatar that threw me a hint, that big breasted statue thing, ....

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
"The other day, I backed up over a one that had just come into the world. I'm sure it didn’t feel anything. I was very happy. Yes!" he continued.

So he took a kitten that is still unable to walk and put it behind the wheel of his car and reversed.

Animal abuse is a crime.

Especially since I claim those cats as my property.

I am giving out free cats would anyone like one?

Might have to take this to court.

We could all go-to court together under a movement to have him convicted this is how law works guys.

Those weren't stray cats they where roaming adventuring cats, That's the difference.
edit on 17-7-2013 by Gestas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The SPCA has already started an investigation with regards to his remarks.

Animal cruelty is a crime in Canada.

a summary offence conviction makes the accused "liable to a fine of not more than two thousand dollars or to imprisonment for six months or to both."

www.duhaime.org...

Last year he also called Israel and apartheid state that "doesn't deserve to exist". He later apologized. Does he consider this "humour" too? Is it related to his gas chamber "joke"? The preferred method for euthanizing cats and dogs is by intravenous injection by the way.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

Some consider those killing animals for no reason a psychological disorder, and may have been abused themselves. Also, along with other behaviors, it could be an indicator for future aggression against people (as a previous poster mentioned).

Cruelty to animals is one of the three components of the Macdonald triad, indicators of violent antisocial behavior in children and adolescents. According to the studies used to form this model, cruelty to animals is a common (but not universal) behavior in children and adolescents who grow up to become serial killers and other violent criminals.

en.wikipedia.org...-80

He may have already started transferring his aggression towards people by wanting an entire country to no longer exist...

What is it with Canada's mayors these days?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

a lot of people outraged in here about this guy running over cats.

if you care so much about cats why do you not rage against that institution that catches cats and then puts them down..

same thing except one does not involve tax dollars.

also if you care so much adopt more or all of these cats.

don't get me wrong i have cats and treat them well.. you just have to be realistic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join