It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halo II release and the assult on Fallujah

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I havent really played Halo that much but arent you fighting fanatical religous aliens in it the Coveant or something?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I havent really played Halo that much but arent you fighting fanatical religous aliens in it the Coveant or something?

Not really, to be honest, I think that Halo is more like the Enders series in my opinion. The story has nothing to do with religion, if you believe that then you've been listening to those anti-videogame purists.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWObringer

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Not really, to be honest, I think that Halo is more like the Enders series in my opinion. The story has nothing to do with religion, if you believe that then you've been listening to those anti-videogame purists.

Nope I looked into it and I was right.

"The Covenant, a collective of alien races united in their fanatical religious devotion. Covenant religious elders declared humanity an affront to the gods, and the Covenant warrior caste waged a holy war upon humanity with gruesome diligence."

Thats the story of Halo

www.sector7-halo.com...

I remember seeing a clip of the game and one of the aliens was about to kill a human and he said something like "Your death is the will of the gods and we are their insturments" Something like that

[edit on 14-11-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Every game has some fantastic element in them put in by the imagination of the authors but in the end they're just games. People shouldn't take those things seriously because they're simply for entertainment.

I didn't like the Halo series too much. The market's flooded with fps games and the 2nd Halo doesn't offer anything new or anything groundbreaking.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
You dont know a lot about vidoe games the november release slot is probley the most important and most profible in the year. So if anything that means the goverment is working with micrsolf and not the other way round.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Personally I think that FPS games are getting a tad bit redundant.Its like the video gaming industry can not find a new type of game to come up with so they flood the market with FPS games.

That being said,I play Battlefield Vietnam,I am in a 'clan' and I am ranked in the top 12% world wide.

My games of choice though,are RTS games.Games such as Total War Rome,Codename Panzer,Empire Earth,Sudden Strike ect.I mean it dont take alot of brains to run around,bunnyhopping and shooting other people.RTS games makes you use strategy rather than just tactics.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bootyac
Personally I think that FPS games are getting a tad bit redundant.Its like the video gaming industry can not find a new type of game to come up with so they flood the market with FPS games.

They are making other types of games but as long as people in the US and Europe are buying FPS like crazy they will keep flooding the market with them.

In Japan FPS are not really that popular as they tend to give people over there motion sickness. Japan makes alot of games for the world wide market and not many are FPS.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I�ve read some particularly strange thoughts here on ATS and to tell you the truth I�ve probably posted about these "strange topics".... But to suggest Halo 2 is a conspiracy is a conspiracy of sorts in itself if you ask me... a conspiracy to get ATS points.

I could only imagine that you were sitting at your CPU and decided..

"hmm, what will be a topic that will get me a lot of points, or some if any... Uh yes, A Conspiracy about Halo 2!!!"

I�m not getting mad at all but I had to say this cause I honestly think this is the weakest "what if its a conspiracy" thread I�ve seen, and I thought my constructive criticism would deter, or help deter others from thinking in this way...

Nice imagination

I would expect to see something like this on IGN.com or the VN boards but not ATS.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I'm new here so first I would like to say hi and that I've seem some intereting idea's.

Let me work back words here.
First a Metroid movie is in the planing. for those who are not familiar Metroid is an old Nintendo game that came out first on the original nintendo and then gameboy and eventualy the game cube with Metroid Prime, you play the part of a women named Samus but in the very first game no one new that Samus was a women until they beat the game. This is because Samus wheres a battle suit that looks similiar to the dude in Halo but Samus came out first and her suit in my opinion is cooler.

I believe Metriod Prime two will be coming out soon. As we all know Halo 2 just came out recently and there was this Falluja stuff and before that the elections. And so on an so forth. I could keep going back but thats not to important right now.

That this is connected to a conspiracy maybe so maybe not.

I think though that the only way to know for shore is to analyze every detail in detail. I mean think about it if your going to manipulate a whole nation of people for some reason. You would have to be planing it for a long time.

Lets see though games like halo with violence arn't all bad though in the way they effect people. They don't make everyone lazy and mindless. Most people who are that way already were and will continue to be and if halo makes them worse then it is at least partualy there fault for choosing to play the game in the beginning.
I also do think that it makes some people more violent and others it doesn't affect in this way. I no it was martial arts movies that got me interested in the martial arts but I'm still not violent so its not that simple. And most of the conspiracy theories I here are just way to simple.

On the other hand I do feel that this maybe part of some massive conspiracy to maintain control of human perception yet I also think that there is something bigger something cosmological and IMPERSONAL that is causing the percieved conspiracy.

Yet I say if you want to know if your theories are true, go out there and investigate. Stop being scared and go out there and find solid evidence to prove it. Why live in dream world.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
SPOILER ALERT!

I don't think it's part of a conspiracy or anything, but I saw something in the game that made me wonder, even before I read this thread. I was playing the game with hubby a few nights ago, and there's this one level that's set on earth, and it looks like some third world city in the Middle East (might have been Cairo? I'm not that into the game).

As we battled the aliens through these narrow streets, I was just struck by how similar it must be to the urban warfare going on in Falluja. It just seemed eerie to me at the time.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluecollar
What about the release Of the new "grand theft auto - San Andreas" For the play station the same week as the US elections, that would have kept alot of Folks between 20-30 at home for the better part of the week.

It sold over 3 million copies within the first couple of days of release. Thats alot of people home playing video games and not out voting

[edit on 9-11-2004 by Bluecollar]

the funny thing is that GTA SA has a definite ANTI DRUG sentiment in it. The only main char who smokes alot turns traitor to the corrupted police faction that controls the city. your first missions are against drug dealers. CJ doesnt ever once accept the water from ryder.

its also got that anti racism attitude when cj and ceasar start working together. which is a good thing. its weird to see a hint of two positive messages from GTA SA. however it is just a game, and doesnt propogate anything....

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
I play co-op Halo with my 5 year old son. He loves it. Does this make me a bad dad?

IMHO it does - I too have a young son and we are very careful about what type of media he is exposed to. The studies on media induced violence are well documentated, but could either way.

I just ask this question: Are you willing to risk your son's mental health in pursuit of being a "cool dad".

Regards

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Could Microsoft be in cahoots with the US government regarding the timely release of their much anticipated Xbox game Halo 2? It just seems odd that our US forces are infiltrating the city of Fallujah using guerilla warfare, an assult that quiet possibly will result in thousands of dead on both sides.

All in the same week Halo 2 is released across the Globe coast to coast. Perhaps it's ment to distract our youth? our nation? or to get the general population war motivated?

Even worse, could Halo 2 be sending subliminal messages in favor of war?

MORONS and There Assumtions. The games release date was set 7 months ago then it was delayed because the online xbox live feature had a few bugs then 4 months later it was decided by Xbox Corporate Vice President Peter Moore for it to be released November 9th. [ He got Nov. 9 Halo 2 tattooed on his arm 1 Month after deciding the release date ] I'm pretty sure that guy could care less about what you want to assume. Unless he can tell the future which I highly doubt your theory/assumtion is meaningless
. Now I'm gonna go play Halo 2.

BTW [ It's a good game with a good story line I can tell most of you have never played it or the first one
buy it
]

*Edit - Grammar [ anger ]

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Government Conspiracy]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Do pro-war people and pro-gun people allow their kids to be babysat by violent games and TV, to grow up to perpetuate the cycle?

Now, what does pro gun have anything to do with it? My parents wouldn't let me play violent games at all, until just recently, so I could play Halo, which they deemed OK. (I also just got Halo 2) My entire family is very pro gun. What is this cycle? Guns have nothing to do with violence, besides that they can be used. Same with anything else though. Also, I am not babysat by these games. I played both Halo's till I beat them and then quit. Besides, if I use it too much, they limit my time. Stop making assumptions about people.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Could Microsoft be in cahoots with the US government regarding the timely release of their much anticipated Xbox game Halo 2? It just seems odd that our US forces are infiltrating the city of Fallujah using guerilla warfare, an assult that quiet possibly will result in thousands of dead on both sides.

All in the same week Halo 2 is released across the Globe coast to coast. Perhaps it's ment to distract our youth? our nation? or to get the general population war motivated?

Even worse, could Halo 2 be sending subliminal messages in favor of war?

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard......What is wrong with you?
What are you, 12?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join