It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halo II release and the assult on Fallujah

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Could Microsoft be in cahoots with the US government regarding the timely release of their much anticipated Xbox game Halo 2? It just seems odd that our US forces are infiltrating the city of Fallujah using guerilla warfare, an assult that quiet possibly will result in thousands of dead on both sides.

All in the same week Halo 2 is released across the Globe coast to coast. Perhaps it's ment to distract our youth? our nation? or to get the general population war motivated?

Even worse, could Halo 2 be sending subliminal messages in favor of war?

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
What about the release Of the new "grand theft auto - San Andreas" For the play station the same week as the US elections, that would have kept alot of Folks between 20-30 at home for the better part of the week.

It sold over 3 million copies within the first couple of days of release. Thats alot of people home playing video games and not out voting

[edit on 9-11-2004 by Bluecollar]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If someone can't take an hour out of their day to vote because they are playing video games i'm glad that they are not voting. Give the youth some credit they arn't morons 99% of them are playing a video game to happily pass some time by themselves or with friends I seriously doubt that a video game will dictate their political support or ideals. Hell I myself have killed literaly millions of virutal bad guys but when it comes down to it I refuse to even shoot at a deer.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Even worse, could Halo 2 be sending subliminal messages in favor of war?

Indeed. Absolutely. Without a doubt.

HALO and the other 150 games based on just about every type of warfare imaginable, past, present, and future. But subliminal? I don't think so. These games, their intent and purpose, is obviously overt.

So does art imitate life, or does life imitate art? I think we're embracing war and violence, and deliberately creating soldiers with these games. Too bad the players too out of shape to apply what they've learned in the real world.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I play co-op Halo with my 5 year old son. He loves it. Does this make me a bad dad? Am I attempting to turn him into a cold hearted baby killer? No, it makes me a cool dad who plays video games with his son. There is no brainwashing here. It is no more violent than a Pokemon movie, or the scariness of the sharks in Finding Nemo.

Besides, this is nothing new to train a generation before new technology emerges. THe 80's generation of Nintendo freaks are now piloting the UAV's in Iraq and around the globe.

1.5 million pre-orders dating back to last year. reserved mine 8/2003. It has nothing to do with Fallujah.

and not all players are out of shape and many have applied and are applying it to the real world....

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
I play co-op Halo with my 5 year old son. He loves it. Does this make me a bad dad? Am I attempting to turn him into a cold hearted baby killer? No, it makes me a cool dad who plays video games with his son. There is no brainwashing here. It is no more violent than a Pokemon movie, or the scariness of the sharks in Finding Nemo.

Besides, this is nothing new to train a generation before new technology emerges. THe 80's generation of Nintendo freaks are now piloting the UAV's in Iraq and around the globe.

1.5 million pre-orders dating back to last year. reserved mine 8/2003. It has nothing to do with Fallujah.

and not all players are out of shape and many have applied and are applying it to the real world....

I beg to differ,

Media sources across the globe are presenting an almost equal 50/50 of todays news content involving the release of Halo 2. vs the assualt on Fallujah.

Which one would you rather play?

Odd

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Sensationalism and overreaction...

If Microsoft and the government were in cahoots, there would be no such thing as anti-trust laws... MS technology would be completely ubiquitous.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Sorry, won't bite.

Don't care what the news sources are saying. last week it was Fallujah/Ashlee simpson lip sync's 50/50.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Media sources across the globe are presenting an almost equal 50/50 of todays news content involving the release of Halo 2. vs the assualt on Fallujah.

Which one would you rather play?

Just Microsofts over zealous marketing team at work. Over hyping a game thats not as good as it should be. No connection to the war, just an example of how big videogames have become.

Love your avatar syntaxer!

[edit on 9-11-2004 by Wask]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The release of HALO 2 and GTA:San Andreas has no relation to the US goverment. Halo is one of the biggest games of all time, San Andreas is the same way except on the PS2. Its just conventional paranoia.

~Master Shake has HALO 2 and San Andreas. And Master Shake is not friends with David Ward, in fact Master shake despises his in-condiscedent ways and stupididty.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickJamesJones
~Master Shake has HALO 2 and San Andreas. And Master Shake is not friends with David Ward, in fact Master shake despises his in-condiscedent ways and stupididty.

But Masta Shake destroyed the TV again and can't play HALO 2 or San Andreas!

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Tut Tut people..

Halo2 is a GAME nuttin more nuttin less.

But WHAT A GAME!

If ANYBODY DISAGREES then lets SETTLE THIS ON NOVEMBER THE 20 over the deathmacth on Halo2.

(I wont be able to get the game any quicker than that).

P.S.

Dont take it this to heart peeps, Im just messing around, or am I?

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm sure many had considered this odd synchronicity.

I think the timing of release of another senseless shoot-em-up virtual experience is more on a commercial imperative, having listened to the developer. He was the bright spark who took Gates down the entertainment path.

Fallujah was (in my opinion) more a post-election imperative that may have been followed no matter which US party was announced as "winning".

[Any] prolonged exposure to virtual death and destruction from the comfort of your armchair when you are the warrior or homicidal maniac has a desensitizing effect, and clouds your sheeplike perception of violence in real life. Same as the dumber elements of Hollywood.

Do pro-war people and pro-gun people allow their kids to be babysat by violent games and TV, to grow up to perpetuate the cycle?

Whatever happens, Halo 2 will cause the biggest single day of absenteeism since the dawn of industrial development. Employers should have the right to counsel and/or sack addicted employees who blob out.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
telll me about it, i drove by the game store last night and saw a good 50 people camping in the cold weather just for a halo fix. it looks astounding, but its just a game. it will have effects on people, most prominetly on their social lives, there have been violent games for years, this is nothing new. has the US govt been systematically control flux of gaming in favor of war? most probably yes, lets take a look at gaming history for a sec, first was bionic commando, super nano tech soldier fighting off hordes of nazis. metal gear, taking down the soviet jugernaurt. the you get desert strike apache helicopter sim in iraq, crappy game blatant message. counter stirke comes out and you have terror vs special ops, and so on and so on, most recently its come to full on combat simulators in the heart of bagdad with the upcoming release of battle feilds, and ghost recon the two best shooting simulators being marketed for the purpose of fun but in acutality they are the most uber tech war simulators. to train the hordes of unsuspecting youth to finely tune their reflexes for the upcoming world war, and tyranical parade of US military might, all in the name of freedom, cant you feel the love!

give me mario and some koopa troopas, magic mushrooms never sounded so good...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'm a textbook example then. I've played video games since i was seven or eight, playing the old Commodore 64 and games like operation wolf, predator, summer and winter games, plus heaps more. I still play, have an XBOX and all the Tom Clancy games, Full Spectrum, GTA, both Halo's. In total i have 25 games mostly shoot 'em ups or in depth role playing games. Plus a have quite a large book collection on past and present conflicts. What suprises me is that most are on Vietnam, Gulf war and Operation Iraqi Freedom. just finished one called "Generation Kill" About First Recon Marine Corps.

This all said i have my JOES tomorrow with our local recruiting station. Applying for the Army. So do you think all this is me being brain washed? or my a member of society who is generally intrested in the topic of warfare.

PS: I have never been cruel to animals. I have a dog a staffy and a cat called Smizz.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Halo 2's release for 11/9 had already been announced by Microsoft/Bungie since March, when nobody was even thinking about current operations in Fallujah. It has much more to do with marketing than warfare: they know how long it could take an 11 years old to save 50 bucks for a videogame, they know which time of the year people is more interested in buying a game, and so on.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
A lot of you fine folks are putting forth good points/opinions,

It's difficult to argue the US government was not being "timely" in invading Fallujah, it's inconceivable that once the US elections were over the invasion would be inevitable.

Question is,

Did the Bush administration coherse the release of Halo 2 with Microsoft to distract the US population, especially the 18-26 catagory who voted in favor of John Kerry?

A good video game will consume hours of leisure time and have the potential of turning people into mindless zombies. That would be a good opportunity to flash some meaningless unimportant news from across the world right?

If you take notice of the release date 11/9, that would be 9/11 backwards! a small indication that the illuminati could be behind all of this.

[edit on 10-11-2004 by syntaxer]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Syntaxer, I've heard and read of some unbelieveable conspiracies, Halo 2 was announced for release for some months now. If the government wanted to coerse the population, dont you think they may have released Halo 2 around the time of the of the start of the Iraqi invasion or the elections? Also, the retaking of Fallujah impacts across the globe, not just the US, should'nt they be attempting to zombify the whole world!?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
It isn't like everyone wants to play Halo. This is like saying tripping off something at exactly the same time when the war on Fallujah started would cause that tripping to be cosmically linked to the war.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Yes... just because something happens on the same day that Fallujah's invasion began just means its a conpsiracy... by that logic you could say Nintendo's tried to distract the video gamers by filing a patent for one of their games on September 11, 2001. By the way, it's pointless to state that Halo 2 was to sway the citizens of the United States. While a large portion of the nation may be controlled by the media, it could also however the release of Halo 2 on that day was planned months in advance, so I think you're logic is a little flawed

[edit on 14-11-2004 by NWObringer]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join