It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this "just a song" or is he actually prepping people for a partial or full collapse???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Is this "just a song" or is he actually prepping people for a partial or full collapse??? The reason I ask is I had downloaded it and was listening to it, often, after a while certain parts start to stand out and sound a bit "strange". And certain parts sound like he's talking about what would happen in partial collapse. Like "your only getting mugged if you go downtown"? Am I hearing that right? Why would you get mugged if you go downtown unless there was major choas going on???

edit on 15-7-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

He means just that. Leave suburbia and go downtown and the lowlifes will see your car and clothes and go for it.

The cities are bad these days. I should know...Im in the Metro Detroit area.

Download "The Motor City's Burnin" '67-68 by either group the MC5 or Pacific Gas and Electric. It was really bad then when the city was in flames and soldiers in the streets.....

That song means what it says...and look when it was written.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
He was writing about things in 1981, 30 years ago...not now. He 1st released the song in '82, and changed it after 9/11 to "America will survive".

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

That's exactly what his song is about, I've been writing lyrics and music for more than a decade now, and believe it or not, it is expected that your lyrics have meaning to them

So for non-believers - yes, lyrics have meanings behind them. Pretty much always.

If he is writing this in song, he is probably writing about something he feels is coming, or expressing parts of himself. I do it all the time.

Often, I am able to express my feelings in song so accurately that what I write about rings true and does come true - all it is, really, is using critical thinking skills mixed with art to either criticize or celebrate certain aspects of society.

That is art's job, by the way.

----------

Then there are movements in music, like the Punk Rock movement, that affected society - sometimes I never realized how much until I listened to the songs again later and saw how they influenced my actions.
edit on 15-7-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
This song has so much 'murca.

Anyways, I doubt some country singer has "insider knowledge" of a coming collapse.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

That is probably true, but he may honestly feel it in his bones.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Half the time I kinda wonder with all the crazy stuff we see in movies, like anything from: 2012, independence day, terminator, world war Z, and a gazillion other movies and TV shows, showing world changing events, I wonder if we'll actually see something of that nature in out lifetime. Or is all that just entertainment and nothing more? Like there really hasn't been anything all that extreme in a long time. Not since WW2 probably. Sometimes I just wonder if there will be say some mass catastorphy that sends everyone running for the hills, and forces people to try and fend for themselves in a world that's fallen apart. I tend to think that could be pretty interesting.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
1982. The song came out in 1982. It referenced THAT time and society.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

That is probably true, but he may honestly feel it in his bones.

Or maybe he saw/sees it with his own eyes right in front of him and was doing what many artists do... Singing/painting/writing about what he sees. Like when you're watching a guy chop down a tree...you see him chopping with an axe, you hear the axe hitting the tree repeatedly, then you hear the guy yelling out "timber!"...at some point there it becomes obvious, to some who recognise the signs, that a tree is going to fall.

From a young age, I've been hearing the axe hitting the tree, and its been obvious to me for a while that this "tree" is going to fall. Unless a miracle happens. Sometimes something comes up and the logger has to leave the tree alone to go do something else, or he decides he doesn't want that tree anymore, or he's threatened with a lawsuit so he stops chopping. Sometimes the tree starts to fall, but it just leans up against another tree and never actually falls. Or sometimes it falls and lands on the person trying to chop it down, killing them. So then the forest might have a chance to survive. At least, until another logger comes along AMD says "hey look at all these nice trees, let's chop em all down! Yeah!!!!"

But if we are vigilant we might learn our lesson from the first tree chopper, and we can learn to deal with any others who come along. Maybe we can fall on him.again and kill him, or maybe we can use some other resources of the forest. Maybe we can send a bear or two to scare him off or tear him apart limb from limb. Or perhaps a swarm of mosquitos, bees, tics, and after enough bites he will fall ill or go away...

I don't know. But the first tree chopper is here, chopping away at our tree, and unless something happens, he will chop all the way through and we will fall. I don't know how far, and I don't know what will happen after. But we are going to fall unless a miracle happens. Maybe falling is the fastest, most efficient way to bring about the change that is needed.

new topics

top topics

join