It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters in Oakland burn flag, smash windows over Zimmerman verdict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Protesters in Oakland burn flag, smash windows over Zimmerman verdict

www.breakingnews.com

Protesters in Oakland angry over the not guilty verdict in the Zimmerman case went on a rampage, smashing windows, starting small fires and burned a U.S. flag at a local area McDonald's, The Blaze reported Sunday.
The protests attracted anywhere from a few dozen to a couple hundred people, Madeleine Morgenstern said. Police said protests continued into the early hours on Sunday.

Some in the crowd broke windows on businesses and started small fires in the streets.

The Oakland Tribune said some of the windows in its downtown office were smashed and video from a helicopter show people att
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
There does seem to be alot of anger over the verdic. I am really confused here because years ago where I live a beutiful young couple that just graduated from high school here in Knoxville were tourtured, robbed, stuffed in trash cans, burnt and only our dear Lord knows what else:; I did not see any riots. Geez.

www.breakingnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by chisisiCoptos

Like the LA riots all over again. As a resident of Los Angeles I fear riots will be coming in the next few days.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Look at Oakland during Occupy. It was, in my view, if not officially, the most violent camp for the American part of the movement. By far, I'd add. There are elements in Oakland that would kill you for a pack of cigarettes, then complain if your lighter didn't work.

In a beautiful area (The Bay Area) with generally wonderful people, Oakland is the exception which every rule seems to have and the bottom where the flow of life there finds it's level.

If not Florida for obvious reasons, this would have been my guess for where it got violent first, if it really gets violent much else at all.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
What I find funny is that everyone kept saying riot over and over, you know, the media was programming people with a mantra in hopes they would enact it...

But look, we are so apathetic now, our thugs don't even care to riot for the most part anymore.

Cup's half full and half empty.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
since our government likes passing laws so much, just pass a law that if you are caught rioting (not protesting) you lose welfare benefits.

Folks with jobs don't have time for rioting.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
They are idiots.

What they are calling for is the exact opposite of what the civil rights protests were about.
The Civil Rights protests were about people getting a fair trial and not being tossed in jail
simply based on skin color. So in essence, what the people protesting want is for someone
who is innocent to be tossed in jail simply based on skin color (the guy isn't black) and
not based on the facts (which show he acted in self defense).

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The protesters are hippie stop the war agitators who hold peace signs and then burn buildings and riot in the streets. And as you can see they are being led by militant individuals. Unfortunately for them there are not enough black people in the nation to cause an overthrow. And many blacks don't like rioting to begin with.

The law says Zimmerman was innocent. Case closed.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
They burned a flag at MacDonald s. LOL
I guess they wanted to be sure the wouldn't starve, after all, rioting is hungry work.
Super size me or else.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I think some people will use any excuse to riot.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
To be fair OP, not only is this Oakland, but it is also Northern California. If you're not rioting, you're definitely doing something anti-American. Its their baseball.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yea all oakland does is riot.

If they're not rioting for some reason, that's when something's up and we should stat worrying

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
We'd see worse if the Raiders won the Superbowl.The rational people of this country don't buy into that garbage as we can clearly see,no race war,nothing to see.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
These events are being discussed here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join