It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Repeals Propaganda Ban

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Daedalus

lol...are you, by chance, an obama supporter?
Yes, but by Default.

Had Romney won, by this day. July 15, 2013.
The death toll of Allied Forces would be prob over 80,000.
Iranian Civilian Death Numbering over 1 Million.
Dick Cheney would have left the Millionaire Club, and have a seat at the Billion Club as Blackwater , Xe .. would be paid from Black Project Slush Funds.
Gas would be at 12 dollars a Gallon, and the US Bogged down in its 4th quarter of Recession.
Israel would have used Tactical Nukes on the Iranian Research sites, but the Blame would have been put on Iranian Mishandling of their Nuclear Stockpiles.

So ya, You call me an Obama Supporter. I call myself a Sanity Supporter.

Not only a "Sanity Supporter," but it seems you fancy yourself clairvoyant as well.

Probablys maybes and what ifs do not an argument make. Try again though.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Daedalus

lol...are you, by chance, an obama supporter?
Yes, but by Default.

Had Romney won, by this day. July 15, 2013.
The death toll of Allied Forces would be prob over 80,000.
Iranian Civilian Death Numbering over 1 Million.
Dick Cheney would have left the Millionaire Club, and have a seat at the Billion Club as Blackwater , Xe .. would be paid from Black Project Slush Funds.
Gas would be at 12 dollars a Gallon, and the US Bogged down in its 4th quarter of Recession.
Israel would have used Tactical Nukes on the Iranian Research sites, but the Blame would have been put on Iranian Mishandling of their Nuclear Stockpiles.

So ya, You call me an Obama Supporter. I call myself a Sanity Supporter.

O_o

we will never know how romney would have turned out since he didn't get elected..... I could say that Obama will do all sort of outrageous stuff if he had one more term after this one .. but that would be nothing but speculation.

and don't give me that garbage that well he would have done this this and that and it would have lead to this this and that.

there have been many doomsayers and speculators on here and on other sites spewing all sorts of junk that was going to happen under obama... not much of it had happen and would say all the garbage you said about romeny would not happen either.

both factions are garbage. choosing the lesser evil is like choosing crap with sprinkles over crap for dinner.
edit on 15-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
reply to post by Bilk22

This made me gag. Out loud.

We haven't got a chance. Too many things like this are slipping by while 95% don't notice or don't care.

reply to post by Ameilia

They've been successfully socially conditioned by increments to not care.
And they don't.
We have a chance though. Those that don't have a chance are the one's that don't care.

We know better, and we must cut loose those who would drag us down to our deaths.

"The weak are more likely to make the strong weak than the strong are likely to make the weak strong."
- Marlene Dietrich

edit on 7/15/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Let's look at this from the reverse polarity:

This would be a perfect way to continue making the US Population hate their government and lose all faith in it. This way when the time comes, the so called "UN take over" will go off without a hitch.

Remember the supposed quote by Kissinger everyone spreads around? About having people on the streets of LA demanding a new government and UN intervention? Or whatever variation of the quote you find first, haha.

Anyways, moral of the story is this:
Don't let all of these negative things fool you into thinking the Constitution is wrong or bad. That's the overall plan, make people hate freedom and demand global slavery (or something of this nature).

I'm in complete agreement. The more we remember that although we've never been a perfect country, the ideals embodied in our founding documents are worth upholding, regardless of how short of their mark we've come so far.

I suspect that TPTB were hoping to get even more rioting out of the Zimmerman trial. That way they could count on police forces responding with extreme force(as they are wont to do of late). Anything that will cause citizens further alienation from government and police to increase seems to be on the agenda.

One question I have though is why they don't just expose 9/11? If they just want to set the stage for a UN rescue, that would do the trick, IMO. Perhaps they are afraid to push things too far though, afraid they will loose control.

If this is "The Plan" however, I think they've miscalculated how weary of ANY authority figures people have become. I don't know that ANY savior should count on being welcomed, or even accepted, at this point.

Personally I'm amazed to witness so many people discovering how thoroughly "righteous indignation" trumps fear and apathy.

aHEMagain
edit on 15-7-2013 by aHEMagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by Bilk22

No star. No, oligarchies start when royalty, wealth, family ties, education, corporate, or military form a power structure of control over a nation governance.

Which you already have.

The NSA has the capability to spy on all elected representatives. There is no doubt at all that your elected government is no longer the most powerful force in your country. It has been usurped by private contractors, military branches and the intelligence community.

Russ Tice tried to make this clear several years ago and stated on record numerous times that the NSA was spying on Obama as senator, on high court judges, on the media and on Colin Powell (he states he saw the document himself). With the latest revelations by Snowden, this has been basically confirmed.

There was a silent coup in the USA and your elected government handed over power to this conglomerate of private companies and the CIA/NSA.

In addition, this is looking worse and worse for the USA. You have massive out of control spying, the formation of a police state, criminalization of the media and journalism, breaches of Human rights, and now a blatant propaganda machine gearing up too...

This is something people have been warning about and foreseeing for many years. Go back and watch Naomi Wolf "End Of America". She was pretty spot on back then, and although people had hoped that Obama would roll things back, it seems his plan is to continue with the agenda and the creation of a different form of regime.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

With the introduction of the NDAA 2013 the US govt is now allowed to use their black propaganda on its citizens. The US spends billions upon billions broadcasting propaganda overseas and now we citizens finally some of own!

Woot! Thank you Uncle Sam!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan

both factions are garbage. choosing the lesser evil is like choosing crap with sprinkles over crap for dinner.
edit on 15-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

Exactly. Politics in the U.S. has turned into a massive team sport, but the sad reality is the game is rigged. No matter who "wins" we (the citizenry) still lose. It wouldn't matter if Ron Paul (who is this generation's Ralph Nader IMO) or anyone else were elected because the system is fundamental broken. The machine keeps on turning in the same direction even after you swap out a few cogs here and there during election time.

Now working from the idea politics is a team game, news sources (mainstream or otherwise) have lost their journalistic neutrality (if they ever had it to begin with). Every outlet now has a strong political slant, which is fine for editorial or op/ed, but damn it there just isn't any real journalism. IT'S ALL PROPAGANDA.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think those truly in control have realized it does not matter at all what they do. If they want to keep the masses under control its alot easier than they ever imagined. All you need is some fart jokes, really loud screaming, and a television and apparently 70% of the populace is transfixed.

Why bother being covert when you can just openly move your agenda and no one cares.

Seeing as the biggest issues facing the country for the last 15 years have been gay marriage and abortion, dpretty pathetic for the "strongest nation on earth"....I have little hope, time to pack up and move and watch it burn from afar.

Good Luck all, get out while you can.
edit on 15-7-2013 by vind21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
"The tv said that all was well so you must be lying, OP.

I

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by Bilk22

so can we look forward for EL PRESIDENTE to talk to the people on the radio everyday and even read the newspaper to us like Chavez did ?

I think he should do a phone in with Rus Limbaugh. Should be funny if nothing else.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Just one more "quiet change" as we focus elsewhere. we might as well all have bags over our heads the last years no one sees anything that is being taken right out of our hands.
edit on 15-7-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The article is over a year old. Any update on it? Unless I'm missing something

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

propaganda was best defined as:

"the appeal to emotion over reason"

which is the main purpose of advertising. so when you think about it like this it is everywhere and has been since the advent of media. you just have to learn how to turn your filter on and how to differentiate between your own ideas and those which have been planted there by the media

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Get ready to never believe anything you read in the news or watch on t.v. again.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Just an FYI, but as I'd read this somewhere else earlier, it appears to be pretty basic in what it does. Voice Of America and other similar Gov't property media cannot offer broadcast quality within the US.. Kinda silly in the first place since they are available and I actually run a V.O.A. RSS News feed on one of my websites. They have interesting stuff. One has to recall the source and spin, but then, what's really new? That's the same everywhere.

This just lifts that block about quality and method of getting the same programming from the preexisting channels inside the US instead of outside where they've been playing for years or even decades already.

I might have missed something more?

We don't agree often, in fact this may be the first time, but common sense is common sense.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks for the laugh Beezer, you silly wabbit you.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Lol, old news, this ban just makes it more obvious.

Lets not forget shall we US State Department Spent $690,000 to 'buy' Facebook 'Likes"

The department's Bureau of International Information Programs spent the money to increase its "likes" count between 2011 and March 2013.

"Many in the bureau criticize the advertising campaigns as 'buying fans' who may have once clicked on an ad or 'liked' a photo but have no real interest in the topic and have never engaged further," the inspector general reported.

Other Source washingtonexaminer.com...

And with all that's happening, aren't these things introduced in times of WAR?
edit on 15-7-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I don't see why ATS would be surprised. According to this site, most of what the government says is "Propaganda". Oh well, just another thing for conspiracy theorists to whine about.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Yes we are the delusional ones....

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Finally someone admits it. Thank you sir for being honest, have a nice day!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join