It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Gravity: Solved! (not kidding)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

Yes, sound can annihilate a nucleus and convert it to pure energy.

However this technology is not yet developed on earth.

Maybe one or two ships exist donated by some alien or captured.

Converting energy into electric current very efficiently is also an issue. Otherwise the excess heat will fry the ship.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Did ya try using super conducting material

edit on 16-7-2013 by Ostracized because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ostracized

These tabletop experiments are not relevant to a practical space ship. Such experiments are just for fun.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
In my opinion Hutchinson is an old BC stoner playing with electric toys. He has never reproduced the levitation featured in his old video and no scientist on earth has confirmed his findings. Most scientists call him a fraud. I think his older video with the bowls lifting etc is a hoax and upside down trying to get people to invest in his playing with electric toys as he enjoys 420 in beautiful Vancouver.
I tend to believe scientists who have degrees and spent 30 plus years dealing with the electric universe who do not believe this old fart for one minute.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by WormwoodSquirm
In my opinion Hutchinson is an old BC stoner playing with electric toys. He has never reproduced the levitation featured in his old video and no scientist on earth has confirmed his findings. Most scientists call him a fraud. I think his older video with the bowls lifting etc is a hoax and upside down trying to get people to invest in his playing with electric toys as he enjoys 420 in beautiful Vancouver.
I tend to believe scientists who have degrees and spent 30 plus years dealing with the electric universe who do not believe this old fart for one minute.

If I'm not mistaken last I head Hutchinson was back working with DARPA lol,he hasn't lived in Vancouver in over a decade.

People are trying to fly before they even know how to walk,gravity is only a theory.People just assume that Gravity is a proven fact when in reality scientist don't know to terribly much about it.

Gravity is something we experience every day and understand well, right? After all Newton figured it out all those years ago? Think again! Pretty much everything we know about gravity is that it exists. We see it and we can calculate it. But science actually has no idea how gravity works and what causes it! Gravity is actually the weakest force in the universe that we know of and it's much weaker than the rest of the forces we know about that are part of the standard model of physics. Let me illustrate how weak it is with an example. If we take two positively charged protons the force of electromagnetic repulsion between them will be 10 to the power of 36 (this is 1 with 36 zeros after it!) stronger than the gravity between the two particles. Let me give you another example of how weak gravity actually is. Imagine the size of the whole earth and the size of a fly. The tiny little fly has no problem escaping the force of gravity of the whole planet on it's tiny little wings and fly away. The force generated by it's tiny body is much greater that the gravitational force generated by the whole planet. Some physicists are hoping to discover the particle emanates the gravitational fields called the graviton which is going to help us study and finally understand how gravity works on the atomic level. But until then we are going to be left wandering what gravity exactly is.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

A question if I may. I have had an interest in some form of electrical 'propulsion' or 'levitation' system for some time, and I have reasons to at least partially believe the early work of Searle.

My question is, given that in the demonstration(s) you would be applying power from grid/generator whatever, how do you envision supplying sufficient power to a self contained 'vehicle' of a size large enough to be viable as a transportation device.

A small thorium power plant should do the trick, but weight? Availability? I don't know. OK for an Independence Day mother ship perhaps?

Maybe this is your answer to the power problem

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 16/7/2013 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

You have to have moving parts in an engine, or else it does no work, and therefore is pointless.

I guess it depends how you define 'engine'. We often call software classes 'engines' in programming but I do agree with your basic definition that is the accepted form that would normally be applied to a device. It could nevertheless be construed legitimate to call a device that provides motive power in one of more planes an engine, even if it does not have moving parts.

Does a 'maglev' train have an engine, or moving parts (ignoring any electrical generation devices)?

ETA: Oops this was answered in exactly the same form here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16/7/2013 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

The difference is the high tech corporation has probably already made at least a prototype when they tell you that.

Not so my friend. I can point you at two schemes at least that are presently pure air but are put forward as viable power generation options here in Ireland. They are based on a mish mash of current technologies and none on their own are beyond credibility, but melded into fantastic schemes the whole become a pipe dream.

In my opinion it is VERY common for high tech companies to make an announcement that then fails to materialise.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

You had better get a move and get your device out there!

Moving and levitating objects using sound waves

Posted: 16 Jul 2013 04:32 AM PDT

Water droplets, coffee granules, fragments of polystyrene and even a toothpick – all of these, and more, have been levitating and moving around in a Swiss laboratory lately; all of them lifted by sound waves, that is. This is the first time a device is capable of handling several objects simultaneously. This achievement was detailed in a paper published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

This is not the first time levitation was done – but it usually involves the use of electromagnetism. Electromagnetic forces have been used to levitate even frogs. It was shown that sound waves can theoretically levitate objects, but so far, devices were only able to do little more than keep an object in place.

In order to levitate and also move objects using sound waves, Dimos Poulikakos, a mechanical engineer at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) in Zurich, rallied his team to develop a sound-making platforms using piezoelectric crystals, which can shrink or stretch depending on the voltage applied to them. Each platform is about as big as a pinky nail.

levitation

These platforms emit sound waves which move upward until they reach the surface of the object, when they bounce back; as they bounce back, they meet up with other waves which are going towards the object, and the two waves cancel each other out, at the so-called nodes. Objects placed there remain stuck in place because of the pressure of sound waves coming from both directions.

By placing several platforms next to each other, and adapting wavelengths, researchers can use this nodes to tow objects between platforms. Depending on how you place the platforms, you can move the objects in several ways.

Aside for being just awesomely cool, this can also have some practical benefits. The system could be used to mix chemical substances without the risk of contamination, and/or mix hazardous chemical substances.

“We had fun demonstrating the idea by colliding a lump of sodium with some water, which is obviously an aggressive reaction,” he says.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I'm sorry but you are totally off track here. First, you did not explain your theory. Second, the hutchison effect is a camera trick. Third, the portal nasa talked about is merely the place where the fields merge. Not any magical portal.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Sound Waves

"Hold on to your wand, Harry Potter: Science has outdone even your best "Leviosa!" levitation spell.

Researchers report that they have levitated objects with sound waves, and moved those objects around in midair, according to a new study.

Scientists have used sound waves to suspend objects in midair for decades, but the new method, described Monday, July 15, in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, goes a step further by allowing people to manipulate suspended objects without touching them."

To late being done,
edit on 16-7-2013 by Legion2024 because: 11:11

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Anti-gravity? Now isn't that tapping into the soul? You need an organic propultion device based on electro magnitism and heat rods. the organism expells the earth gravity. the electricty propells the device and the key is the heat rods which simulate the device itself. I have seen this method being used and can back up my claim by an eyewitness. The organic functioning has not yet been created except by the use of practical means.
edit on 16/7/2013 by FrankieGT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Oh yeah. I'm not #ING Lieing. You think you can be so smart, but you can't see what's in yer face porkie.

those with no opinion raise a voice of no opinion. glad to be here.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

What is so LoL..? Is this not what you are claiming to be able to invent?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2024

ummm how exactly do u think that will power a ship off the ground and much less into space? by placing speakers in the ground? u recognize how much power would be needed to lift a 10-100 lbs/kg ship? much less a 20 or 200 tonne one?

please focus on advising me how to proceed. i will weigh everyone's suggestions and choose the best course of action. i should have most of my materials by the end of next month to begin construction of my 'test bench'.

i am liking the suggestions from all over. ppl are guessing, some out of their own inner common senses and what not. it is pleasing to see the thought provocation..and also provokes my own thought.

the answer to your question is, that is an over sensationalized media headline on what's really occuring. note they are using it to mix chemicals. this is because of weight restrictions to power consumption. it does not constitute an engine/drive.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by filledcup

Originally posted by Legion2024

ummm how exactly do u think that will power a ship off the ground and much less into space? by placing speakers in the ground? u recognize how much power would be needed to lift a 10-100 lbs/kg ship? much less a 20 or 200 tonne one?

please focus on advising me how to proceed. i will weigh everyone's suggestions and choose the best course of action. i should have most of my materials by the end of next month to begin construction of my 'test bench'.

i am liking the suggestions from all over. ppl are guessing, some out of their own inner common senses and what not. it is pleasing to see the thought provocation..and also provokes my own thought.

the answer to your question is, that is an over sensationalized media headline on what's really occuring. note they are using it to mix chemicals. this is because of weight restrictions to power consumption. it does not constitute an engine/drive.

That is what most people are doing tests on the small scale exactly what you are going to do. Now if you are thinking bigger then invent a power supply that surpass conventional power produces. Mains power will not cut it. That is where you should be focusing. No point in doing something that has been done before with out having the power to take it bigger. heh The E-cat might be what you are looking for

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Legion2024

exactly what you are going to do.

u have no idea what im going to do.

2nd
edit on 16-7-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
so let me get this straight, you are not going to make this in scale..? Something smaller to test your theory's..?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Levitation is not anti-gravity.

This kind of science requires a lot of physics to be able to do it.

If you try using sound to travel in outer space ... well ... good luck. (hint: vacuum)

My bet on anti-gravity goes on: matter produces gravity - anti-matter produces anti-gravity.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join