It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daring to be Different in the Black Community

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

The more I keep reading speculative posts like this, the more I'm inclined to say that yes, I do think he was an animal since I have very little, scratch that, I have NO sympathy for ANYBODY who embraces or in any way glorifies the 'thug life' because it has done so much damage to the black community.

These aren't just angry people's rants, Trayvon himself said he was a gangsta. In his own words. He posed in pictures with guns. He had a history of violence.

Trayvon didn't die because he was black, he died because he straddled somebody and wouldn't stop beating him despite being told to stop... after 45 seconds of beating him, Trayvon gave Zimmerman no other alternative. Trayvon got what he was asking for... Want to blame somebody for his death? Blame Trayvon. George Zimmerman did NOTHING wrong that night...

as for the topic at hand. I know what you mean TC. I'm black and hispanic and have been called every name in the book. Uncle Tom, Sambo, House Negro etc...

I welcome the hate. I revel in it.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I'd rather not.[snip]!
edit on 15-7-2013 by asher because: I hope the mods don't take this down

edit on 7/15/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: removed profanity

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by asher
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Your English so you don't how court systems and prison systems are set up against blacks. Or how bad racial profiling is in America. And the media won't tell you about that. This isn't the first time police have gunned down a innocent black person. That's why black people never trust police. You don't see how the media portrays all black people as uneducated animalistic thugs.
edit on 15-7-2013 by asher because: (no reason given)

BS!

This is more of the excuses.....time to be responsible for your own actions.

ButterCookie didn't mention being thrown in jail or gunned down by cops. Why is it that stuff like that only happens to some black people? Stop excusing the behavior that leads to police intervention.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

why do you think its BS? your wrong sir. this is the truth..why does it happen? ive been told directly by Montgomery County Police that they profile!!!!

its like just because many of you have never dealt with it makes it untrue....your wrong on so many levels

edit on 15-7-2013 by Baddguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
ButterCookie:

Anyway, didn't mean to be long-winded. Just wanted to see some your comments and see if anyone else can relate.

Love the moniker. What better way to bring an equalisation to your race than to gain an education, and to hone your own innate intellectual talent. It's not being 'white', it's being accomplished and self-edifying. I'm a white Englishman, and I like some Hip Hop tunes, does that equate to me wanting to be black or in thrall of the black culture? Of course it doesn't, it just means I like some tunes.

I don't care in the slightest what a person's race, creed or colour is, because what matters to me is not what they are or where they are from, but 'how' they are, and the manner in which they impact upon me. Their actions upon you are the only real arbiter of your perception of others, nothing else matters. I judge people by their actions and by their statements about others, and I don't compromise on this. I am as critical of my own race and culture when it acts negatively as I am about any other culture.

As stated, I am a white English male, but that doesn't obligate me to supporting all white English males, no matter what they say or do. I stopped wearing the uniforms of social acceptances long ago, because I am a free-thinking, self-minded person first and foremost. I am not religious, I am not politically motivated, and I have no ambition for privilege or wealth. I am empathetic, moral and philosophical, and it is all I want to be. I am neither a pacifist or a warmonger, yet will stand my ground for rightful justice, but not for an-eye-for-an-eye.

In regards to Zimmerman, he should never have gone to trial, not because he may or may not be guilty of something, but simply because of the lack of evidence to convict him of anything. The prosecution needed to have a more solid case for trial, and they had nothing, and ultimately lost because of it. False hope had been given to Martin's family and friends, but with the trial, have had them dashed all over again, because the prosecution did not do its job.

I think the world could become a better place if we could all individually separate ourselves and our mindsets from the inculcated conditionings we receive from our own cultures, and actually be whom we are inside, which not determined by our culture, but by our responses to our own life experiences. Being whom you are inside is not defined by your colour but by your mind. That is the greatest garden to cultivate, because when it is allowed to bloom, it is the greatest Eden.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Of course every black person hasn't been locked up. But I promise they have been racially profiled. And don't tell me to be responsible for my actions. I'm speaking generally not in specifics

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baddguy
reply to post by seabag

why do you think its BS? your wrong sir. this is the truth..why does it happen? ive been told directly by Montgomery County Police that they profile!!!!

its like just because many of you have never dealt with it makes it untrue....your wrong on so many levels

So, did they admit that they take people in and charge them under false pretenses once they've been profiled?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by Baddguy
reply to post by seabag

So, did they admit that they take people in and charge them under false pretenses once they've been profiled?

Of course they didn't. I lived in Montgomery County for nine years and the police there are very professional and very "by the book." They are not racist. Prince George's County, OTOH....

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by asher

But I promise they have been racially profiled.

Were you falsely charged too?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

yea he stated he enjoyed messing with "hoodlums" because he can always lock them up for something...such as disorderly conduct, failure to comply, perihelia.. he basically stated that he plays with emotions

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Great Thread...S&F

When will people realize that a piece of paper is white.

To judge anyone based on the amount of pigment in their skin.

It's just so ridiculous.

I wish the OP could be a leader in her community...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Trust me...i know from first hand experience...PG is MORE racist the MoCo but the same crap..Greenbelt is by far the worst

"By the book"...this is real funny

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by asher

Your a moron.

Nope!

Of course every black person hasn't been locked up. But I promise they have been racially profiled. And don't tel me to be responsible for my actions. I'm speaking generally not in specifics
This is just more “woe is me” garbage. Profiling is an effective law enforcement tool not a racist practice. Profiling isn’t racism unless it’s done simply because the cop has disdain for blacks (or Hispanics, or Asians, or Muslims, or Whites, etc). There are MANY black police officers in every city. Why don’t we hear of any white profiling? Is racism only perpetrated by whites?

What the OP personally experienced is true racism. The fact that her family says she's "acting white" for going to law school is itself racist. Are we to excuse that behavior because you don't like profiling or you think the deck is stacked against you?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Actually the cops and judge were idiots and didn't read me my rights so I skipped court and that was the last I heard. I'm a boss like that. Other than that I haven't been arrested but I have been racially profiled by police and others. Do you not know what I mean when I say I speak generally? That means personal story's don't matter.
edit on 15-7-2013 by asher because: (no reason given)

link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

That pretty much sums up why you're saying the things you're saying!

This is the racism the OP described.

Thanks!

edit on 15-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Jul 15 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Baddguy

I noticed that you used the word "hoodlum" instead of black. Is he only playing with the emotions of known "hoodlums" or not?

link   
reply to post by asher

relax man..or girl...we can discuss this without getting emotional and nasty..your point will be better received

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

imo his use of the word "hoodlums" a cover up for " n words"....i mean he called me a hoodlum and i dress and carry myself way to well to be a "hoodlum"

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join