It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daring to be Different in the Black Community

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

Obviously OP was referring to her black community. The one she lives in. She was referring to people she has contact with...

How can she be ostracized from the entire Black community ????

Does the entire black community know her or have one mind?...does every black person on a planet feel that Zimmerman is guilty of murder...?

I don't think they do. Therefore my point stands.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I don't believe such a thing as "black or white communities" exist per se.

But rather that the existent reality is a "singular human community" of confused people who erroneously label themselves into illogical categories.
edit on 15-7-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

I live in a multi cultural community and am mixed myself and have a multicultural family, we are AA NA and white, I tease my husband and he teases me, If only I could post what I told him this weekend,

Seriously you can't even joke on this forum, you can't even joke around, people might get oooffffeeeenddded.

Laughter is the best medicine.

Humans basically don't always get along, lol, we suck.

BTW what do you mean?
edit on 073131p://bMonday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

I'm sorry for your lack of reading and comprehension skills as well as your false "knowledge" of history. Start a thread on the History you learned and I'd be more than happy to respond to it.

Buttercookie, you keep it up and do you. The negative responses in this thread are to be expected and signify part of a problem within certain cultures. I applaud you for keeping your composure and acting like an adult.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

But rather that the existent reality is a "singular human community" of confused people who erroneously label themselves into illogical categories.

That is because you are white. Whites in America never faced any hardship or were subject to poverty because of there skin color like blacks Hispanics and native Americans (mostly because they where the ones who were subjecting people to poverty and discrimination due to their skin color) whites seem to be oblivious to other parts of society view them. You don't know what it's like to grow up in America and not be white and that's why you say that. Multiculturalism has failed in America and whites refuse to see that

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by asher

That is because you are white. Whites in America never faced any hardship or were subject to poverty because of there skin color like blacks Hispanics and native Americans (mostly because they where the ones who were subjecting people to poverty and discrimination due to their skin color) whites seem to be oblivious to other parts of society view them. You don't know what it's like to grow up in America and not be white and that's why you say that. Multiculturalism has failed in America and whites refuse to see that

That's strange.

Actually I am mixed and even partially Cherokee.

And I bet I make less than you do $$$ yearly.

How do you know all of these things about people you never even met face to face simply based on your preconceived notions? Don't you need specific evidence in each specific individual case?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Whites in America never faced any hardship

Whites never did this.
Blacks always do that.
Yellows, it's always such and such with them ain't it?
Etc etc.

One day you will realize you are completely hallucinating all of this nonsense.

Read what you said in this snippet over and over until you realize....it's a delusion!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and story, ButterCookie. What really caught my attention was you said you had been living in Kansas as a kid...
I, too, lived in Kansas from the time I was 5 (my family came from the Chicago area)....
and there was no real problem with people mixing and getting along.

My parents moved us to a mixed neighborhood, and we went to the public school - (I'm a white woman) - we were taught to NOT be snobs or racists, but to assess the character of people. We all have different stories, of course - but now, as an adult with two grown kids (also brought up in Kansas), I can appreciate that upbringing very much.

The community I live in now (in a metro area) is also very integrated - and in general black people here are respectful, polite, courteous, friendly, and well-spoken. Likewise, we white people are friendly, courteous, respectful, polite, and people who come here whether to rent or shop or make trouble stick out like sore thumbs. Their behavior is TOTALLY out of place here, and when they become disruptive, obnoxious, loud, rude, foul-mouthed, unstable, and hostile, we, the neighborhood, are quick to call them on it - or call the police - (we have Latino, White, and Black police officers here). It generally results in them leaving....we like the peaceful, small-town atmosphere - so ghetto style just doesn't wash here.

Too bad you didn't get to stay in an area like this, where race really isn't a problem for the most part. Some of my dearest friends have been black people - and, apparently, this area is far less "racist" than others.

edit on 15-7-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I am trying to not take this to the left.
This isn't the history I've learned, this is apparently the history you haven't been taught. The facts will exist whether I'm here to learn them or not.

....Yet we call ourselves adults and applaud others but post insolence. I am sorry that you lack proper understanding of human history. I am pretty sure that you can find a better way to convey your ideas without them being peppered with childish insults. Typical approach. I will start a different thread, but I can honestly bet you can't point out anything false I posted. Research, people hear new ideas, and because they conflict with your existing non-sense, this may lead to the rejection of new ideas without fact-checking. Please fact check.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by asher

Whites in America never faced any hardship or were subject to poverty because of there skin color like blacks Hispanics and native Americans

You are kidding me right?

You don't think there are whites that have faced hardships that are poverty stricken?

www.gardenharvest.org...

A Hidden America: Children of the Mountains (1 of 3)
youtu.be...

My mothers people came out of Appalachia.

I beg you to watch this.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

You're shame and racism shine brightly.

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Also, I am not sure why you would bother to reply or quote my comment, if you didn't intend to address its contents. I thought ATS was supposed to be a place where people were capable of expressing their views via intelligent discussion, not a place where people resort to hurling vague insults and assumptions.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by asher

Whites in America never faced any hardship or were subject to poverty because of there skin color like blacks Hispanics and native Americans

You don't think there are whites that have faced hardships that are poverty stricken?

I think you missed the BECAUSE in his/her sentence. The quote said BECAUSE of their skin color, which does include other reasons, such as geographical location, stupidity, or anything else.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

How did Oprah conquer the talk show circuit than? Explain.
She even got her own channel now...

And is one of the richest women to ever live on the face of the Earth.
An American.

Explain how race prevented her from achieving her economic dreams?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The Zimmerman case is only an issue of race because the media, the Administration, and individuals like Al Sharpton made it that way.

This issue is the way it is, not because black people are necessarily any more racist than white people, but because they, like everyone else, have been told they have to pick a side.

You don't have to pick a side. You're an individual. Think and feel the way you want to think and feel.

The media, political hacks, and Sharptons of this nation are a bunch of emotional terrorists. Don't let them win.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaryStillToe

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by asher

I think you missed the BECAUSE in his/her sentence. The quote said BECAUSE of their skin color, which does include other reasons, such as geographical location, stupidity, or anything else.

How did Oprah conquer the talk show circuit than? Explain.
She even got her own channel now...

And is one of the richest women to ever live on the face of the Earth.
An American.

Explain how race prevented her from achieving her economic dreams?

I am assuming that you replied to the wrong post because I never made any generalizations about about race and economics.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I wanted to add this:

In the military I have found much less of this group think attitude about race. It's comforting.
There is still pockets of it here and there, but it isn't the same.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

You may want to backtrack if you think that people of color are the only ones living in poverty or have hardship.

Let's take a step back and look at things clearer. Everyone is subject to hardship, racism, poverty, etc. Even white people. And I am a man of color telling you this.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

Yeah I think it was suppose to be to the post in the middle of the 3 quoted posts. My bad.
Let me see if I can fix that misquote issue. Thanks for pointing it out I totally didn't notice.
(Think I got it fixed now after multiple edit attempts hah)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I am guessing you have no idea about the plight of the Irish immigrants?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

If you think that the atrocious behavior of our fallen brothers is by choice then to me that just reflects your own racist ideologies. No one will ever consciously make the choice to be separated from the human family, or to be misunderstood, or not recognized.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one.

Personally, I've seen too many people of all races make the choice to be separated from people just to get attention. It doesn't matter to them that it's negative attention as long as they're getting it. Usually, from what I've seen, it stems from a lack of love and attention from a parent or a family that's had way too many kids that they couldn't afford or dedicate time to.

Everything about life is a choice. You either choose to be a victim of your circumstances, regardless of what they are, or you don't.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join