It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daring to be Different in the Black Community

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I am happy for you that you are doing to you. I like hearing stories of minorities succeeding and ignoring people that try to keep them down. I just hope this does not offend, but that kind of thinking your parents a members of the black community is not good. It seems like self oppression and herd behaviors and not letting people succeed. I believe the shadow government wants blacks to think that way and call them uncles if successful to keep that down. As an Mexican American, that kind of thinking is starting to plague my community and I try to explain to people that think that way are oppressing themselves. It is a way to keep minorities from getting ahead and I hate that self oppressing thinking a lot.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Nope,in some cases it's SOP for gangs to do JUST that unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

And so are the slaves. We don't see a bum rush to Africa do we?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneManArmy
Wow this thread has really progressed from yesterday, doesnt the post count in this thread show how much this conversation needs to be had?

On the subject of slavery(although Im not sure what that has to do with the OP)...

Everyone enjoying the economic wealth of countries like Holland, UK, and USA is directly a result of the wealth gained on the back of the blood and sweat of slavery. The empires were built on slavery, slavery creates an unfair advantage vs those countries that pay a fair wage,
The egyptian empire...built on slavery, the roman empire.. built on slavery... the british empire...built on slavery. can anyone see a pattern here?

The truth as hard as it might be to take, is that everyone living in the UK and USA is directly benefiting from the gains made by slavery.
Am I saying slavery is a good thing, hell no, its still going on today. But I am saying we are all benefiting from it.

There haven't been any "gains" made by slavery since the 1850s.

The modern economy and infrastructure we enjoy today was a product of the industrial revolution which was so pervasive in it's changes that it necessitated a war to force the last of the stragglers out of using slavery any longer.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Wow this thread has really progressed from yesterday, doesnt the post count in this thread show how much this conversation needs to be had?

On the subject of slavery(although Im not sure what that has to do with the OP)...

Everyone enjoying the economic wealth of countries like Holland, UK, and USA is directly a result of the wealth gained on the back of the blood and sweat of slavery. The empires were built on slavery, slavery creates an unfair advantage vs those countries that pay a fair wage,
The egyptian empire...built on slavery, the roman empire.. built on slavery... the british empire...built on slavery. can anyone see a pattern here?

The truth as hard as it might be to take, is that everyone living in the UK and USA is directly benefiting from the gains made by slavery.
Am I saying slavery is a good thing, hell no, its still going on today. But I am saying we are all benefiting from it.

Do you think blacks were the only slaves? The first slaves in America were whites who were kidnapped, forced into slavery for petty crimes to rid England of their poor and jobless, or conned through fake "indentured servitude" which was anything but for the vast majority who died on the trip over, in the first year for hard labor, or never given their freedom through added time.

There is a new thread up about this. Whites were bought and sold just as blacks were in ever aspect except in many cases the blacks were often less brutalized than the cheaper white slaves. I know it's shocking history, but the elites want us to be divided and God forbid we every put the past behind us and unite as one against our Masters. That is their greatest fear.
edit on 17-7-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I have trouble following where your head just took a clear statement. If YOU or any person regardless of race follows me too closely I might kill you for it if you attack me.If you talk I will too ,If you just stand there I will continue.
I don't know where you are from but situational awareness is now second nature,I am poor,I can't perform higher math so I have lived in scary places.9 times out of 10 most back off when I confront them.
Try it in the WRONG place and you will be shot without a second thought.
He was told not to proceed and he did.Its wrong.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I am pleasantly surprised at the percentage of positive feedback you received by just being honest about yourself and your thoughts on your family's attitudes. For what its worth, I think that it is good to work through things like this and share, and not just ignore them like most people do. I think that you deserve to be commended for not just going with the flow, but doing what you think is right. Standing for the right is always hard. That's not a racial thing... that is a wisdom thing. My poor mom never understood how I could go up to literally anyone as a child and strike up a conversation (including drunks at the bus station as I remember - well, I liked him). I like people in general. To be fair to her trying to protect me from random strangers, she still never taught me to hate. I have never truly understood prejudice, and had friends with a variety of ethnicity growing up. I was shocked at some of the racial hatred I encountered in college actually.

See, I come from an 'interesting' racial background myself. I am part Cherokee (in 3 of my grandparents) and part German/Dutch as well. In some places, I would be called a "breed" even today. I figure if I can learn to get along with myself with that kind of mix (kidding... sort of), then anyone can get along with each other. The thing is that at some point, we need to start forgiving and letting go of grudges and hatred. Grudges (stubborn hatred) is like a poison and it ruins the good inside of you and limits you, and this includes racial grudges. People aren't evil just because their skin is another color. Evil people are evil because of their actions and the hate (or greed) that they embrace. My ancestors (well, about 1/2 of them) were treated like trash and murdered wholesale as the white man took away everything they had (ever hear of the Trail of Tears?). There comes a point where you need to forgive the evil that was done, or the cycle of evil continues. No good comes from grudges. Men of any race can be good or evil, but usually when you see wholesale evil there is some greedy evil force behind them pulling strings.

Lately, there has been some string-pulling of some who have influence (in several arenas), which are trying to invoke violence and unrest and fan the flame of racial hatred again. It seems that any time that the USA seems to be about to overcome its past, things suddenly occur and the media and certain leaders are there to stoke up the fire again. It is a control issue. It keeps the nation divided, and that makes the people easier to control. If it gets out of control enough, it is an excuse for Martial Law. I know I sound a bit paranoid, but after a while it becomes painfully obvious.

The reality is that there is good and evil in all the peoples of the Earth. If we were all the same color (say purple), then some people would find some other point to cause divisions. Bitterness doesn't just ruin and poison you internally, but it makes you easier to manipulate. Forgiving others and moving on is the only real cure. The truth is that I have known some people who have worked very hard to make me hate them, but its insane to transfer that and blame generically to others who remind you of them. In fact, that's a little insane. It's like men who think all women are evil because their wives hurt them (or the other way around). By the way, I work hard not to hate anyone... its self-defeating.

I have seen what grudges can do. I am from a place in Appalachia which has suffered much pain; violence, and hate as the mines fought and murdered their workers when they tried to live like human beings. The mines used bought and paid for sheriff deputies for their "gun thugs", This cycle of violence has earned the nickname "Bloody" in front of the county''s name. My grandparents lived through the worst of the violence while the mines unionised and at times had to duck machine guns. They worked like dogs (depression era) to just to keep their families from starving, and the mines many times paid in company script instead of money which forced you to buy from the company store only. You lived in their houses and they told you how to live or you were booted out by gunpoint. Even I can remember as a ten year old kid the Brookside Strike in 1973 and they were beating miners and their families, and shooting even at their wives on the line. It wasn't safe there then. I was the son of a schoolteacher and my dad kept me close during that time. There are still many bitter people here, and the anger is just below the surface. There is a higher rate of crime and violence here than the norm because of that underlying anger which has never been resolved. The people need to move on... to forgive, or this thing will cycle over again just venting in new ways.

Surely people can learn to forgive. If we did, then those who like to pull the strings of the masses would suddenly lose a lot of their power. Sorry this is so long...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity

Do you think blacks were the only slaves? The first slaves in America were whites who were kidnapped, forced into slavery for petty crimes to rid England of their poor and jobless, or conned through fake "indentured servitude" which was anything but for the vast majority who died on the trip over, in the first year for hard labor, or never given their freedom through added time.

There is a new thread up about this. Whites were bought and sold just as blacks were in ever aspect except in many cases the blacks were often less brutalized than the cheaper white slaves. I know it's shocking history, but the elites want us to be divided and God forbid we every put the past behind us and unite as one against our Masters. That is their greatest fear.

So mods,you slapped me 2363636363 times. Why are these posts still here?

They have nothing to do with the OP.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I am glad you have warm child hood memories of playing w/ other kids not of your ethnicity.
I am likewise sure that you have made those around you re-think their own mind set.

So that is why I say 'keep on jumping rope'.
We should all try this as we skip merrily along.
Most folks I know attempt to include and get along.

KUDOS for you and have a c(_) on me !

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Baddguy

our culture was stripped from our ancestors when they were brought over as slaves and when Christianity was forced down on us

Don't try to blame the white man, a lot of you try that. What got black people in America was all the tribal wars going on in Africa along the gold coast hundreds of years ago, and the losing tribes were enslaved by other black Africans and then sold to the Portuguese who then sold them to the American colonies. Christianity was accepted amoung the slaves because Jesus is the equalizer and in him there are neither slave nor free, jew nor gentile, man nor woman and all are equal in Christ Jesus. You're toting your erroneous biased opinion for fact, and you're completely wrong. You seek to place blame on others, but if you want to blame someone blame your own race, because that African culture you love so much is what got you folks enslaved in the first place.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
I take ButterCookie's comment about the past having no baring on her means that she will not allow the chains of slavery, or anything else for that matter, hold her back as a PERSON.

I applaud her, because as a black man I can sit here, stew about the injustices in the world, the vile things that I have had done to me personally, and unequal opportunities in this land, or I can pick my head up and keep going to do what's best for me in a rational manner that brings harm to no one. I chose the latter option and I'm better off for it.

Some of you need to take notes. The girl is looking past you all with her forward way of thinking. We can talk about the past until we're blue in the face but if we as individuals are not engaging in practices and thought processes that better ourselves and move ourselves forward, we are doing nothing.

I don't like dealing with people who just sit there, whine, and would prefer to be # ed in the ass instead of pushing the weight off of them.

Oh, and the people who call her a house negro or an Uncle Tom are no better than the same racist whites that they hate and obsess over.

You're nothing but lower level thinking, hate spewing animals.

Buttercookie, ignore them. They will allow ignorance to keep them stuck in a pit of sulking and self pity, instead of taking the bull by the horns.

edit on 16-7-2013 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

Applause

You are absolutely right. Those with the "Uncle Tom-like" comments are demonstrating the exact racism that I am talking about.

The reason I will mention liberal racism is because I have come to the beleif that blacks didn't have this 'racist' attitude (especially toward their own race) until we started to vote Democratically around the late 60's, which coincidently is around the mark of our economic and social decline.

See, with a lot of liberals (no offense to anyone, from my observation) they don't even recognize their blatant racism. They feel that because they have 'black friends' or don't use the N word that they are not racist, when they truly are- they feel that BECAUSE you are a specific race, there are automatic barriers in which you are not in control of. This comes in the form of

(black liberals)

"Slavery is the reason that we are full of hate"
"The 'man' is holding us back"
"Quit acting 'white' [ educated, speaking proper English]

(white liberals)

"I am so sorry that my people have harmed you 400 yrs ago. Let me support you in any way I can.
"Don't blame him/ her for their criminal behavior/ this is because their people were oppressed"
"They (blacks) can't help themselves; therefore we (whites) are obligated to take care of them (welfare, social programs)

edit on 17-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Baddguy

our culture was stripped from our ancestors when they were brought over as slaves and when Christianity was forced down on us

Don't try to blame the white man, a lot of you try that. What got black people in America was all the tribal wars going on in Africa along the gold coast hundreds of years ago, and the losing tribes were enslaved by other black Africans and then sold to the Portuguese who then sold them to the American colonies. Christianity was accepted amoung the slaves because Jesus is the equalizer and in him there are neither slave nor free, jew nor gentile, man nor woman and all are equal in Christ Jesus. You're toting your erroneous biased opinion for fact, and you're completely wrong. You seek to place blame on others, but if you want to blame someone blame your own race, because that African culture you love so much is what got you folks enslaved in the first place.

Wow...BRAVE post!!

And you are ABSOLUTELY correct, and this helps explains most of my own belief system changes.

I am interested in seeing if anyone will attempt to deconstruct this argument.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by openlocks
Since then, income and education disparities have only widened. 56% of Blacks drop out of school by the 10th grade. 94% don't go to college. 54% of Black males are in the judicial system...

Well thats there fault now.

Blacks are the only ones who can stop this.

I cant nor can my white family, nor can the asian family that lives down the road. The goverment can only do so much too without going the other way and discriminating against whites.

So the ball is in your court now.

If you drop the ball dont blame the rest of us.
edit on 17-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I think you hit the nail on the head. The entitlement programs seem to have been created, (or at least driven toward) keeping the recipients pigeonholed into the socio-economic status that they are in now. The kids growing up in the welfare homes are taught how to survive off the system and remain on the system.

I don't for one second blame the recipients, just like I don't think the Illegal aliens coming to this country and getting free healthcare and EBT cards are at fault.

IT"S THE DAMN SYSTEM!

it's badly broken and needs to be fixed.

If you look at it from that perspective, it seems like it's engineered for the sole purpose of keeping the black community dependent on government assistance. And I don't mean only blacks are on welfare, but statistics are facts.

FIX THE SYSTEM!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You are obviously not alone.

I've been reading and watching discussions on this trial that make it seem like you are a lonely voice among blacks. You are not.

I'm willing to bet, as is true among whites and other races, there are many who split on this trial.

Don't let anyone shame you for your convictions and honesty.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

I think you hit the nail on the head. The entitlement programs seem to have been created, (or at least driven toward) keeping the recipients pigeonholed into the socio-economic status that they are in now. The kids growing up in the welfare homes are taught how to survive off the system and remain on the system.

I don't for one second blame the recipients, just like I don't think the Illegal aliens coming to this country and getting free healthcare and EBT cards are at fault.

IT"S THE DAMN SYSTEM!

it's badly broken and needs to be fixed.

If you look at it from that perspective, it seems like it's engineered for the sole purpose of keeping the black community dependent on government assistance. And I don't mean only blacks are on welfare, but statistics are facts.

FIX THE SYSTEM!

Right.

The 'Democratic Plantation' is easy to get on, but hard to get off.

I also want to address the issue of "more whites on welfare than blacks"; blacks only make up about 13% of the population. So with that in mind, doesn't it only appear that there are more whites on welfare because there are more whites in America in period?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Thanks!!

Yes, I watch Pastor Manning all the time. He and quite a few other blacks have the same opinions about this topic.

Blacks have been pacified by white liberals so long that we have begun to pacify each other, just as many are doing with the Martin/Zimmerman case. I keep hearing, "Zimmerman should not have gotten out his car-" comparing Martin, because he is black, to a wild animal on the loose- as if he should have KNOWN not to get out the car in Martin's presence...

The truth really does hurt, so I know when to ignore the trolls.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

There haven't been any "gains" made by slavery since the 1850s.

The modern economy and infrastructure we enjoy today was a product of the industrial revolution which was so pervasive in it's changes that it necessitated a war to force the last of the stragglers out of using slavery any longer.

what are you talking about? GAP and Nike have both been caught using slave/child labour in the far east.
Slave labour is very much alive today. Just because you dont hear about it doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
The whole modern economy is built on injustice, fraud and theft of natural resources.
The two world wars were to bring in the ideologies of communism and capitalism into a reality.
Not to mention the establishment of a world body of control...the UN. Wasnt that supposed to end conflict,
Yeah right.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity

Of course I dont think blacks were the only slaves, you dont need to post a whole new thread to tell people about white slavery, there is plenty mention of it in this thread. I know all about the industrial revolution and child labour and the irish laundries, and debtors prisons and work houses. I also know about the slavery that exists right now, but I tend not to hear too many people talking about that.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by OneManArmy

And so are the slaves. We don't see a bum rush to Africa do we?

What exactly is it you are talking about? I have posted quite a bit in this thread, you could be responding to anything. Until you throw me a bone and let me know what it is you are talking about I cannot respond adequately.
Unlike some members here I havent unlocked my pineal gland and Im very much unpsychic. I have tried to figure out what you are replying to, but I have failed to see what people bum rushing africa has to do with anything that i have said.

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join