It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daring to be Different in the Black Community

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

White Angel Syndrome

I remember that post, wasn't quite sure I understood it until now.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Refusing to take part in damaging aspects of your culture =/= putting down your entire culture. And what culture are you embracing when trying to get educated and get a good career? What culture holds a monopoly on success?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by muzzleflash

How do we know you aren't subtly hiding your desire to put all whites in the oven?

I never made any post on ATS putting one race down, i usually go hard on religion but not on race. I had bad and good experience with all races.

But what i really hate is when one puts their own race down for another, that boils my blood. I was merely stating the fact that she should not run away from her problem and adopting a new race, instead stay and fix.

She can't adopt a new race that's impossible.

She will always be whatever she was born as, no matter what she thinks or believes.

The fact you said "adopt a new race" was a 'Freudian Slip' and reveals you are misunderstanding the OP I believe. Because no human can adopt a new race, impossible!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

The remarks are technically racist, but they hold no power because blacks hold no power in America.

Obama and Holder come to mind, but they may not be as powerful as the puppet masters.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Refusing to take part in damaging aspects of your culture =/= putting down your entire culture. And what culture are you embracing when trying to get educated and get a good career? What culture holds a monopoly on success?

Exactly....

I didn't get the impression she was putting down her culture. If anything she's trying to understand it better! I would be confused in her situation, too!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

exactly no culture holds monopoly on education yet the OP seem to think abandoning her bad "black culture" and adopting a "white culture" is the only way to get head.

She seems to associate black with bad and white with good. That is truly disgusting.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I got from the OP, that it isn't her making that insinuation, but people around her.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

reply to post by TKDRL

exactly no culture holds monopoly on education yet the OP seem to think abandoning her bad "black culture" and adopting a "white culture" is the only way to get head.

She seems to associate black with bad and white with good. That is truly disgusting.

I think you're one of the few who gets that vibe from the OP.

I didn't get that after reading it twice. The OP isn't the one calling her actions "white".

[edit to add - and then comes Firemonkey to agree with you
]
edit on 15-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by TKDRL

That's what I am getting out of it too.

link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

No one. And everyone.

All humans have a right to learn the truth if they so choose.
And everyone can seek to create a career and find success in anything they do, if they work really hard at it and believe in themselves.

Think of how truly spoiled and arrogant we are, there are amputee victims that make all of us look like whining sissies. They put all of us to shame. We take it all for granted...until it's too late that is.

link   

She will always be whatever she was born as, no matter what she thinks or believes.

Gonna argue this where does it say a person has to define just who and what they based off a group of people who keep telling them what they should be?

First and foremost groups are people, and last time I checked people are individuals who are beholden to no group for anything.

link   

Ofcoaurs i know no one can adopt a new race, that was a attempt at figurative speech.

OP was pretty much saying being black held her down and becoming "white" made her better. Yet, there is no parents out there that would want their children to "settle for less".. whether its jobs or career or spouse.

"hey look at me, i abandoned my culture(which i was taught to be bad), i am better person now because i got my guidance from some other culture"

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

ATS is divided and hate filled as anywhere else. This thread is a perfect example with the attacking of anyone that doesn't agree with BC.

Hypocrites!!

Agreeing always has the connotation of win or loss, thus implying a conflict. People do not have to agree or disagree, just respect the OP's personal opinion and comment from a truthful perspective, if the perspective is in disagreement with the OP, then everyone should respect that person's opinion.

Unfortunately everyone on ATS is ruled by their own ego's, thus allowing good information to become diluted by emotions, anger, and trying to change the other person's mind.

We are all guilty of it on ATS, so the answer is to possibly not respond so quickly and think about what we are going to accomplish by our responses. If the response comes quickly it will most likely be from an egocentric self-serving position, but ones that take a bit more time are usually ones of wisdom, and thoughtfulness.

Would everyone agree with this?
Sorry I couldn't help tossing this in.

Peace out,

RT

edit on 15-7-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Gonna argue this where does it say a person has to define just who and what they based off a group of people who keep telling them what they should be?

First and foremost groups are people, and last time I checked people are individuals who are beholden to no group for anything.

Well he said "adopt a new race" specifically, which I interpret to mean color tone of skin as one major feature of that type of terminology classification.

So that's why I said she cannot change, because her "race" will always remain whatever it was when she was born.

I don't know of any "race gene-therapy" yet, and if I heard of it happening I would oppose it strongly because that is just messed up to even consider.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Then why this constant marginalizing and discounting differing opinions into a group of "people like you"

Oh it's all "cume bi ya" now isn't it?

edit on 15-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by olaru12

ATS is divided and hate filled as anywhere else. This thread is a perfect example with the attacking of anyone that doesn't agree with BC.

Hypocrites!!

Agreeing always has the connotation of win or loss, thus implying a conflict. People do not have to agree or disagree, just respect the OP's personal opinion and comment from a truthful perspective, if the perspective is in disagreement with the OP, then everyone should respect that person's opinion.

Unfortunately everyone on ATS is ruled by their own ego's, thus allowing good information to become diluted by emotions, anger, and trying to change the other person's mind.

We are all guilty of it on ATS, so the answer is to possibly not respond so quickly and think about what we are going to accomplish by our responses. If the response comes quickly it will most likely be from an egocentric self-serving position, but ones that take a bit more time are usually ones of wisdom, and thoughtfulness.

Peace out,

RT

edit on 15-7-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

You have been making some really good posts and I find your perspective very deep and insightful.

You must have spent a good deal of thought crafting that as it is indeed a post of wisdom.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your interpretations.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
That's very good to hear and I've read your thread on your family and its really sad to see how your are treated. Although I support what you are doing as being a different individual and straying away from the negative influences in your life you seem to never mention or acknowledge that racism and predejuce does in fact still excist in the U.S. apart from it being inflicted on the same race.

Either way S&F for you and although I disagree with you on the Zimmerman thing our disagreement can be based on logic not on race

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I have seen ignorrance in the form of all races, that is to say that all races have also shown me Racism.

There is no difference between Races. There is no difference between Racists.

I see the same posters who were incorperated in a prior thread about "Blacks being more Racist" clinging to the same state of mind that they stated prior. To this end, there will never be change. To incorporate change that is condusive to all Races, we must look at the "now" and make the changes that are necessary. I do not see that in this thread.

I see a lot of symantics being played. I see perspectives that of looking down a coffee straw. I see people who would rather cling to the old, than embrace the new. I fear for our future generations, as many on these boards could be a father or mother figure, sometimes even a grandparent. I fear for what these individuals are indocterinating there children to let alone procreating more of the same. Are they putting forth something better? Someone better? So that when you leave this world, you only left the best? Or would you leave the world with the same groteque behavorism, for a child who doesn't know the difference?

Is this what the OP wanted? Division of members? People who have the right idea, faced with old perspectives of a dying perception on race from that which is utterly useless?

Change, starts with the individual first.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

"hey look at me, i abandoned my culture(which i was taught to be bad), i am better person now because i got my guidance from some other culture"

What?

So if I eat Tacos, Burritos, and Taquitos all the time that means I abandoned my other heritages?

Does the color of my skin prohibit this blasphemy?

You don't own a culture because of your race, and your race doesn't force you to follow their accustomed traditions either.

Everyone has the freedom to explore and learn about and enjoy every culture globally. You have no way to stop them. Hate them if you choose, won't make anything better though.

edit on 15-7-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join