It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daring to be Different in the Black Community

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by luciddream

What do you mean when you say that the OP has abandoned her culture?

She seems to associate everything negative as "black culture" and everything good as "white culture"... which is why i think her perspective is skewered.... im not black but i see more potential in black community than her.. which is really bad since she is black... because she thinks and has no hope in her culture.

If everyone black person out there telling their kids to look for "regular jobs" we would not have any skilled black professionals. In Canada i think black are more refined(only comparison i have is New York and California), can't say i havn't met any a**holes, i meet them in every color.

When i say "black culture" i do not think gangs and hip hop, same with "white culture" does not mean guns and conquest.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yes, I knew. But I was referring to emasculation. Different subject ...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I am going to reveal something very surprising to everyone about lynching in US History

After their increased immigration to the US in the late 19th century, Italian Americans also became lynching targets, chiefly in the South, where they were recruited for laboring jobs. On March 14, 1891, eleven Italian Americans were lynched in New Orleans after a jury acquitted them in the murder of David Hennessy, an ethnic Irish New Orleans police chief.[18] The eleven were falsely accused of being associated with the Mafia. This incident was one of the largest mass lynchings in U.S. history.[19] A total of twenty Italians were lynched in the 1890s. Although most lynchings of Italian Americans occurred in the South, Italians had not immigrated there in great numbers. Isolated lynchings of Italians also occurred in New York, Pennsylvania, and Colorado.

Particularly in the West, Chinese immigrants, East Indians, Native Americans and Mexicans were also lynching victims. The lynching of Mexicans and Mexican Americans in the Southwest was long overlooked in American history, attention being chiefly focused on the South. The Tuskegee Institute, which kept the most complete records, noted the victims as simply black or white. Mexican, Chinese, and Native American lynching victims were recorded as white.[20]

The real history of what actually happened is complex it seems.

Hatred has actually destroyed many lives among every community on Earth.
I cannot find a race that doesn't share our collective problem.
edit on 15-7-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yes, I knew. But I was referring to emasculation. Different subject ...

That is another topic, my feeling on emasculation of the American male are not popular, I think that is happening to all races.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

what other race was kept like animals in zoo's and "scientific" research done to "prove that they are inferior? not trying to make a comparison but don't try to take away what has happened to blacks in this country.. there is no equivalent. its so sick no wonder many just want to forget about it..its shaming...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

No doubt about that look at the dark ages, how did the mind of humanity devise such heinous means of torture?

Good god, now we just watch it in TV.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LizardSlicks
So did you want a pat on the back for labeling the black community as a bunch of ignorant racists, because black girls wanted you to jump rope with them and your father objected to you gleefully celebrating the killing of Trayvon Martin and acquittal of George Zimmerman?

"Heyyy Im black (well i was born black lol) and ive always wanted to be friends with the white girls and they were nice to me im going to try to rationalize slavery now and put down my family for every closet racists vindication on here!! did i mention i growed up black..wished not"

....Back here again with that kings and queens sold their own fair and square argument that exposes your complete lack of ability to understand things in their entirety or acknowledge the depth of something...

That's what shines through in every post of yours I've ever read. One of the first responses to this thread was something akin to "You restore my faith in the african american community hugsandkisses (by putting down blacks as a whole)" which shows plainly an "I am better than you now prove your worth to me" perspective. Your posts reek of approval seeking from anyone who's not black. Good for you that you annoy your family and friends. So is your ultimate goal to enlighten those around you that could use a fresh outlook or to distance/alienate yourself from those people in the hope that you will transcend the burden of being weighed down by your melanin and wake up white as part of the white world? Because it never seems like you're trying to help those around you, but would rather get a meaningless affirmation from white strangers about how different from and disgusted with you are with the black people you know. Congrats you got like 100 stars for a pointless garbage thread. You feel accepted yet?

BUMPED for discussion.

I believe you and Willtell have some insight into the problem the OP experienced.

edit on 15-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretFace
reply to post by asher

Well done, God.

However, you claimed and stated that whites never experienced poverty...Which is still a false comment, you could've said many whites, the majority of whites, all but one white guy named Billy Joe, but you said whites, definitively. Did you not say that, God?

Checkmate...In fact I've just thrown the board up in the air and ran out of your study throwing paint up the walls. The greatest trick I ever pulled was convincing the world that I do tricks.

Show me where I used the word poverty

link   

Originally posted by Baddguy

what other race was kept like animals in zoo's and "scientific" research done to "prove that they are inferior? not trying to make a comparison but don't try to take away what has happened to blacks in this country.. there is no equivalent. its so sick no wonder many just want to forget about it..its shaming...

slavery is still alive and well right now. Just go into eastern europe and tell the child sex slaves that they have it easy. Go tell the people working in sweatshops making your designer clothes that they dont know what slavery is.

Why are we debating something that happened 200 years ago, when its going on right now.

link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I'm glad your thread has garnered so much activity! I truly believe the foundation of breaking through racial barriers is knowledge.

Your thread is long now and may be moving to quickly for this one comment to stand out to you, or others, so I will keep it short and comment on a specific fact of your thread; the percentage of racial integration in the community you were raised in.

When I was a young'un (youth), from about the age of 4 years old, until the age of 10, I grew up in a semi-urban/suburban area and atmosphere with a brother, 4 years senior.

The school I attended was 55% African/American, 40% caucasion, 5% other races/ethnicities. My family was not racist - not to an extent outside a normal household. I was taught that, even though people may look, talk, or act differently, we are all brothers and sisters (not the exact wording used by my parents).

I had black friends, latino, and asian friends too. They were my friends in school, at the local 'Boys Club' (now known as 'The Boys and Girls Club of America), and in my home life. I never knew there is a racial divide in society.

When I was 9 years old, my grandma passed away. She was a cook for decades at 'The Tennessee School for Deaf' and, suprisingly saved a lot of money over the years. While cleaning out her house and going through her belongings, my father and aunt opened an old cedar chest. They were shocked to find, underneath some old blankets, money. It covered the entire bottom of the cedar chest and was placed in 6" stacks.

It was mainly $20's & $50's and totaled around $68,000.00. After dividing the $$,$$$.$$ and splitting the proceeds from selling the house, my dad ended up with around $60,000.00. My parents had long wished to move to the country-side suburbs of East Tennessee and now they had the means.

We built a house in a community 15 miles from my pre-teen home and I slowly began losing contact with all of my first friends of elementary school - but I was glad to be making new friends in our new community.

I was enrolled in the local school system and noticed a difference right away. The school system was 99.5% white. This is when I learned about the racial divide, the fear of the unknown, and ancestoral racism.

Even @ 10 years old, the children in the new school had been engrained with some level of malicious racism. I was baffled by the things they would say and the slang they used to describe other race members. I even felt a degree of shunning, after the kids learned I hade black friends.

I just couldn't understand why they acted this way. After a few years, I realized it was because they were racially ignorant and came from racially ignorant homes.

Some kids at the school were not raised to think this way, but they became racist by conforming to the ideas of the others. It was a bad deal, because they could act this way without consequence, due to the lack of racial diversity.

I can't help but wonder the difference for these kids, had they been raised in an integrated school system - I bet it would be much different.

If we could combat the the effects of ignorance in a single race school, we may be able change racist outlooks on a large scale.

Maybe a website, where people can ask their questions about different races, could really help reduce racism due to ignorance. By asking questions and getting answers there would be no more 'unknown' factors, therefore eliminating the fear of the unknown.

Sorry for such a long post, I intended it to be much shorter...

link   

Ummmm....the Jews!

Just saying!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Try telling them to forget their past.

Anti-semite rings any bells?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I don't know about that research, but I do know that we are all, and many before us were guinea pigs for scientific study, insane asylums comes to mind.

The early 1900's a lot of strange things started happening.

The government purposely kept the people of the Appalachia poor and uneducated.

They are still doing it, check out our school systems, they are creating a poor dependent needy uneducated ill-informed population, all the while keep them angry with one-another, our anger is focused on each other rather then the government.
edit on 013131p://bMonday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

So did you want a pat on the back for labeling the black community as a bunch of ignorant racists, because black girls wanted you to jump rope with them and your father objected to you gleefully celebrating the killing of Trayvon Martin and acquittal of George Zimmerman?

"Heyyy Im black (well i was born black lol) and ive always wanted to be friends with the white girls and they were nice to me im going to try to rationalize slavery now and put down my family for every closet racists vindication on here!! did i mention i growed up black..wished not"

....Back here again with that kings and queens sold their own fair and square argument that exposes your complete lack of ability to understand things in their entirety or acknowledge the depth of something...

That's what shines through in every post of yours I've ever read. One of the first responses to this thread was something akin to "You restore my faith in the african american community hugsandkisses (by putting down blacks as a whole)" which shows plainly an "I am better than you now prove your worth to me" perspective. Your posts reek of approval seeking from anyone who's not black. Good for you that you annoy your family and friends. So is your ultimate goal to enlighten those around you that could use a fresh outlook or to distance/alienate yourself from those people in the hope that you will transcend the burden of being weighed down by your melanin and wake up white as part of the white world? Because it never seems like you're trying to help those around you, but would rather get a meaningless affirmation from white strangers about how different from and disgusted with you are with the black people you know. Congrats you got like 100 stars for a pointless garbage thread. You feel accepted yet?

Wow one of the best reply to the OP, i wanna see OP's reply to this.

I can't believe i missed it.

OP is just a platform for racist to say how they are not racist.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

keep it 100 now sir.....unless a Jew is wearing a yamaka....is his skin more like a white person or a black person???

a white man with a yamaka is a Jew

a black man with a yamaka is a black man with a yamaka

not funny but funny

point is jew is not a race...and the Jews have the bible on their side as the chosen people
blacks are a curse..
edit on 15-7-2013 by Baddguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by ButterCookie

I am not Black, so I can never truly "walk in your shoes".
I hope you never experience what Trayvon went through.
Zimmerman, acted as Judge , Jury, and Executor on Trayvon, not because he hated Skittles, but because Trayvon was Black.
If that is ok with you as a Black Woman, White Woman, Green Women or Orange Women, then may God walk with you.
In my World, I still believe in "Innocent till Proven Guilty", and not "Black means he did something".

Buttercookie, there are two sides to every coin. The poster I quoted is the other. I am white. I KNOW EXACTLY what Martin went through. Listen to the gasps! How can someone white DARE make that statement. I have been Martin. I have also been Zimmerman.

I do not know what the proper PC term for it is when describing the white side of it so I will use what the original Panthers used. Call it White Angel Syndrome. You wish to be treated equal with the bad as well as the good. I wish to treat you equal with the bad as well as the good. What is the bad? It means I treat you EXACTLY the same as I would a white which means if I would stomp on a white for doing the same thing then I will stomp on a black for doing it as well. Or brown, or green, or purple. With blacks they call you a Uncle Tom. With whites they call you a racist.

Both sides of this coin must be addressed if all of us are to get pass this ever. Martin was a 17yr old thug. I was a 17 yr old thug. He beat people up. I did then too. At 17 you believe you are invincible. At 17 I was invincible.At 17 I would have attacked a man following me in the night even if I knew he had a weapon. I have done so. I was lucky. Martin was not. Skin color had nothing to do with Martin's actions that night.

Zimmerman was watching for people who he did not know walking in his neighborhood. He did not know Martin. He probably did not even get close enough to see his face to tell until the end according to the 911 calls. From all information Zimmerman was not a racist. He did not pull his weapon until attacked or Martin would have mentioned it to his friend on the phone. He pulled it to defend himself. Case should have been over.

This has nothing to do with Martin's parents yet because of the racism on both sides they have already received over a million dollars because of race. Probably not their intention but pushed on them by others. If I had died in the same situation my parents would not have received a million dollars. This was not about money at the start but it is now. It was not about politics but it is now. It was never about race but it is now. So to find OUR enemies, the enemies of both blacks and whites, we need to see who profits from money, politics, and a race war regardless of color. Those that are exploiting race for profit once again.

I will leave you to try and deal with those who call you Uncle Tom. My side of the coin is the white version of them. Hey whites! This is about people's lives both black and white, or whatever color they happen to be!. Treat them as EQUAL, not as your little brothers and sisters! They screw up the same as you do and like you until they are allowed to feel the pain of their mistakes they can not learn. However, just like your little brother and sister do, many will start things they can not finish and come running to their protector to keep them from paying the price. Quit being that protector. Let them pay the price so they can grow. Everybody is not picking on them, Some of them will fail. This is known as EQUALITY.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Well the Nazis did actually do research to prove various types of "European stock" were "inferior". Biometrics and Eugenics etc.

Slavs, Poles, Serbs, etc...tortured and murdered.
Holocaust Wiki

Hate has no name or home. It is within the hearts of all men and must be routed out where ever it is found.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Jews
Caucasians (predominantly Eastern Euros)
Asians
Indians (from India)

The world is a brutal place and has taken its toll on every race under the sun...and there are a couple that experienced far worse then what the blacks in America ever dealt with, but since all of this occurred outside the US, I doubt you will accept it...so back on to life.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

Jews
Caucasians (predominantly Eastern Euros)
Asians
Indians (from India)

The world is a brutal place and has taken its toll on every race under the sun...and there are a couple that experienced far worse then what the blacks in America ever dealt with, but since all of this occurred outside the US, I doubt you will accept it...so back on to life.

truuuuuuuueeeeeee

hey dont assume i wont accept it...im always open to learn
edit on 15-7-2013 by Baddguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Wow one of the best reply to the OP, i wanna see OP's reply to this.

I can't believe i missed it.

OP is just a platform for racist to say how they are not racist.

My rebuttal is that I actually haven't seen anyone on ATS at least, that gleefully cheered the death of anyone.
In relation to this particularly.

If I saw someone cheer the death of anyone I would scold them. That would be a sign of some major emotional and mental problems on the part of anyone who actually cheered someone's death.

It would actually be more a result of a psychosis rather than anything to do with actual current events.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join