It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan's Blunt Stance Riles China, S. Korea

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

It also seems to me you would prefer America to rule the World with an Iron fist which is already doing so along side Saudi Arabia funding the military might.

Without the oil the alliance would be doubtful. Remember in Europe all the leaders are nothing more then Pawns. You can tell that by judging what kind of polices they set out.
edit on 17-7-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

ugh...not more then a few seconds you jump on this like donuts, bacon and maple syrup hot dogs.....
Sure, republican, democrat whatever you want to call it. I actually like the title "War Monger", I use that phrase at work...the US Army, since that's what we are good at right? get paid the big bucks.
Yes, a Book. seeing as how you put SOOOOOOO many limitations on my sources, I figured a book would suffice for you. Don't nock it till you read it. You want a copy? PM and I send you one. we are, after all, passionate human beings...far as I know.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

It also seems to me you would prefer America to rule the World with an Iron fist which is already doing so along side Saudi Arabia funding the military might.

No, we don't actually, we are just capable at the military level, I can't help that my nations wants to build Advanced Stealth bombers, fifth gen Fighters and phase array stations, DU Abrahms.
We are a super power and to be a super power, you have to project power at any part of the planet within 24hrs, just saying.
BTW you nailed the topic of this thread, China would LOVE to rule the world with an IRON FIST, but that's what you want....right?

Without the oil the alliance would be doubtful. Remember in Europe all the leaders are nothing more then Pawns. You can tell that by judging what kind of polices they set out.

Ummm, do some research, the US is using other countries oil before we dip into ours, you realize that after you do a bit of searching and see that the US will be a major exporter in a at least a 30-50 year time frame, OIL was never a problem for the US.
Alliance? what is this flippin Star wars??? when I read that statement I couldn't help but envision darth vader AKA USA_SUPPORTER, saying that with your fist raised, thanks guy for the great laugh, you made my day a little better!!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So i take it then that he is completely fine with the Saudis (Sunnis) Ruling over the whole region then? by the way the map is a bit false. Iraq is 80% Shia.
edit on 17-7-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

I'd appreciate the link to the 80% map. That one came from a University collection I believe. I have several Gov/Edu maps showing about the same thing. If you have one showing Iraq as majority Shia for provinces and land area of the nation they control, I could make use of it with the rest.

(I know what population breakdown is in Iraq and most nations in that area of the world for religion. This is showing city/province for physical control of literal land area as opposed to # vs. #. )

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123

No, we don't actually, we are just capable at the military level, I can't help that my nations wants to build Advanced Stealth bombers, fifth gen Fighters and phase array stations, DU Abrahms.
We are a super power and to be a super power, you have to project power at any part of the planet within 24hrs, just saying.
BTW you nailed the topic of this thread, China would LOVE to rule the world with an IRON FIST, but that's what you want....right?

Ummm, do some research, the US is using other countries oil before we dip into ours, you realize that after you do a bit of searching and see that the US will be a major exporter in a at least a 30-50 year time frame, OIL was never a problem for the US.
Alliance? what is this flippin Star wars??? when I read that statement I couldn't help but envision darth vader AKA USA_SUPPORTER, saying that with your fist raised, thanks guy for the great laugh, you made my day a little better!!

It is time to check the facts beyond opinion.

1. OIL

Extracting shale oil is a desperate act and is very damaging to the environment.
The United States geography is different from other countries. Yes the USA has oil. But a lot of the oil in the ground is difficult to recover.

Shale oil is a short lived boom. Will not last.

2. WEAPONS

You can build or buy whatever you want. Ultimately it will depend on how much money you have and "technical difficulties".

F-35 program is a glaring example of runaway costs of building 5th gen fighters.
The new technology is coming at a considerable cost. It remains to be seen how these programs run in the era of budget cuts.

3. JAPAN

has every right to defend itself, and to build weapons, hire and train manpower to achieve that. It is foolish for any nation to expect USA to defend it.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Umm no...again you are discounting the facts yourself,the environmental progs are obstructing our oil production the Dakotas have our backs if someone cuts us off from supply it's not an issue UN ,NATO and international treaties require it,not to mention we would be legally obligated to do our job if we didn't extreme measures would come into play against our leaders.
Maybe from inside.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

3. JAPAN
has every right to defend itself, and to build weapons, hire and train manpower to achieve that. It is foolish for any nation to expect USA to defend it.

Wrong. Absolutely wrong. With a cold hard defiance stance, if japan ever got attacked, the US WILL COME TO ITS AID, because after japan, guess who's next? US.
Its foolish to think the US will NOT COME to japan's aid. It does'nt even register in the minds of the military echelon. Now lets say if india got attacked by china, then US involvment would be minimal, more like overseers.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

3. JAPAN

Wrong. Absolutely wrong. With a cold hard defiance stance, if japan ever got attacked, the US WILL COME TO ITS AID, because after japan, guess who's next? US.
Its foolish to think the US will NOT COME to japan's aid. It does'nt even register in the minds of the military echelon. Now lets say if india got attacked by china, then US involvment would be minimal, more like overseers.

A lot can go wrong in a big war. Assumptions fall by the wayside.

A government has to be pragmatic.

The United States ability to defend Japan is not solely predicated on its desire to defend Japan.

There is a gap between desire and reality.

You may desire to to fly-off in a spaceship but that has not happened yet, or may happen in your lifetime.

US is evolving in many ways that are alarming to foreign nations. Japan has to wake up or be decimated.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

Japan is one of our closest allies in the area, as well as being one of the safest for our forces. We need them as much as they need us, and that relationship will go on for a long time. Japan has access to technologies none of our other allies have been given.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Umm no...again you are discounting the facts yourself,the environmental progs are obstructing our oil production the Dakotas have our backs if someone cuts us off from supply it's not an issue UN ,NATO and international treaties require it,not to mention we would be legally obligated to do our job if we didn't extreme measures would come into play against our leaders.
Maybe from inside.

Disturbing shale formations is the worst that US is doing.

This will cause many earthquakes and topographical changes beyond the understanding of today's scientists.

The only solution is to abandon oil economy. But that is a topic for another thread.

edit on 17-7-2013 by GargIndia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Japan is one of our closest allies in the area, as well as being one of the safest for our forces. We need them as much as they need us, and that relationship will go on for a long time. Japan has access to technologies none of our other allies have been given.

Japan can increase its military footprint within this relationship. This ensures that Japan bears more of the burden for securing itself. Americans should welcome such a development.

Why is being described as defiant.

Even overseas Chinese say openly that China cannot be trusted. When people of the same culture say that, who are we to suggest otherwise.

China will continue to harass neighbors more as it develops its military power. Nobody should have any doubts about China's desire to expand its influence and control over natural resources.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia

3. JAPAN

A lot can go wrong in a big war. Assumptions fall by the wayside.

A government has to be pragmatic.

The United States ability to defend Japan is not solely predicated on its desire to defend Japan.

There is a gap between desire and reality.

You may desire to to fly-off in a spaceship but that has not happened yet, or may happen in your lifetime.

US is evolving in many ways that are alarming to foreign nations. Japan has to wake up or be decimated.

---
We both can agree that alot can go wrong in a big war.
BUT!
There is no fantasy when it comes to US AID for japan. Thats just how it goes, you can't argue current facts and , whats fantasy is your view on the subject, in otherwords, what your opinion on the subject at hand, but tjat don't mean squat when up against US policy on its closest allies, nuff said.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

But they can't under their constitution. They're only allowed defensive forces currently, and only so many of them. Many Japanese are against changing the constitution to allow offensive forces.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Japan can increase its military footprint within this relationship. This ensures that Japan bears more of the burden for securing itself. Americans should welcome such a development.

---
Its not that we don't, but your still failing to see what we are trying to convey, given the time span of china's expansion, its only a matter of time before somebody shoots across china's bow and I assure you, it might be japan pulling that warning shot off.
Don't be so quick to dismiss the current oil boon we are having, newer technologies are emerging that will provide safer ways of extracting said oil. My friend, this is only the tip of the iceberg, if you fail to see it now, you will eventually.
Our technological progress regarding military hardware is beyond every nation. You can't so easily dismiss that with a few setbacks, yes the cost of these newer platforms are at a high, but that's expected with any new technology. Your Indian empire at one point in time in ancient history probably had its shares of problems regarding vimana's and other technological feats it did....you know what I'm talking about Garg......

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Arnie, I would like to hear from a Japanese about this matter.

I hope a Japanese takes interest in this topic and responds.

I can respond to you as follows - you need to separate capability from intentions.

US may have the capability to defend Japan but intentions is something dynamic.

No country can totally depend on a foreign power for its security.

If Japanese want to be pacifist, then let it be that way. Why to fight over a few islands. Japan can just hand over the disputed islands to China and sign a peace treaty. This is much cheaper than to spend billions on military.

Even if there is some oil over there, it is not that Japan will have no access to oil if it does not have these little islands.

However if Japan feels these islands are a prestige issue, then it has to match China's military might which can not come on the back of Uncle Sam. Why would USA fight alongside Japan on such matter?

It is hard to establish who fired the first arrow in such a complex situation. Events are often fabricated. So many things are happening to manipulate world opinion. How would we know?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia

Arnie, I would like to hear from a Japanese about this matter.

I hope a Japanese takes interest in this topic and responds.

I can respond to you as follows - you need to separate capability from intentions.

US may have the capability to defend Japan but intentions is something dynamic.

No country can totally depend on a foreign power for its security.

If Japanese want to be pacifist, then let it be that way. Why to fight over a few islands. Japan can just hand over the disputed islands to China and sign a peace treaty. This is much cheaper than to spend billions on military.

Even if there is some oil over there, it is not that Japan will have no access to oil if it does not have these little islands.

However if Japan feels these islands are a prestige issue, then it has to match China's military might which can not come on the back of Uncle Sam. Why would USA fight alongside Japan on such matter?

It is hard to establish who fired the first arrow in such a complex situation. Events are often fabricated. So many things are happening to manipulate world opinion. How would we know?

Me too, I'm stationed in Hawaii and there are SOOOOOOOOOOOO many Japanese here, too bad I can't just go up to one and ask....
Japan won't forfeit those islands, no way in hell.....US intervention will happen, but I understand where you are coming from, we won't always be there for their protection, I get that.
BUT, under current conditions, we have their back.
I am sure that after a long while, the US will probably give japan more room to operate in, it would be key and essential in the long run.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

The Bakken oil field is estimated at about 7 BILLION barrels by the USGS.I always wondered if pumping a large amount of oil out of the earth was the destabilizing factor.We aren't fracking enough to trip large faults really.
Don't be too hasty about that spaceship thing ,SOLAR WARDEN is possible if we have an NWO.
We had the tech to abandon combustion engines in the 50s,but the sociopaths wanted money over progress go figure.

edit on 18-7-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join