It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

English. Do You Speak It?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I agree with the opening post. It's lazy and disrespectful to other members if at least a little effort isn't made when typing these posts out, at least that's the way I see it. Perfection isn't required, same as my posts aren't perfect but I at least check over my posts for errors, sometimes I miss them and sometimes I don't, at least I try and again......it's mainly out of respect for my fellow posters.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
As lnog as i unedrtsnad, i raelly dnot mnid.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Yes, understanding is the most important part of it but if we don't at least try to maintain some degree of accuracy in our posts then where does it end? Text speak becomes the norm?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

Not only Text "speech" becoming the norm... the dependency on auto correct officially made me illiterate when it comes to spelling... sometimes words like "necessary" "Appreciation" "appointment" i have to think twice about spelling.... i was better at spelling when i was in high school.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hushabye
It's to the point where I am inclined to just stop reading if I see a 'should of/could of/would of/if this than that and i'd rather that then this' type mentality...

....if I see a 'should HAVE/could HAVE/would HAVE/if this THEN that and I'D rather that THAN this'

There. Fixed that for you.

And no, OP did not make any spelling or grammar mistakes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join