It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Bomb Hoax - Connected to Boston Marathon Bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

It is more than a mere coincidence that the Aqua Teen Hunger force "bomb hoax" in 2007 was directed at the Tufts Medical center (among other locations), and then during the 2013 Boston Marathon hoax Tufts Medical center again was target with a "bomb scare" that disrupted their operations and sent the fake victims into the atrium.

It was likely a dry-run for the Boston event.

Boston was one of 10 cities where these signs were allegedly put up (that even is debatable, as no evidence they were put in other cities has surfaced besides hearsay)- and according to the mainstream media, ONLY Boston freaked out and started going bomb-squad and police action against these signs- And low and behold one of the fake bomb scares from 2007 would be at the same place the fake bomb scare of 2013 took place at- Tufts Medical center.

This is the same method used during Sandy Hook to get people out of St. Rose of Lima when the congregation was about to get together, and people would start talking about Adam Lanza (or the lack thereof) and the Lanza family.

It is not a coincidence these "bomb threats" keep getting called in on the wake of these sketchy events- and it is no coincidence nobody every gets arrested for phoning in the bomb threat in the day and age where the NSA monitors ALL digital and telephone communication.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepaulstalservice

and it is no coincidence nobody every gets arrested for phoning in the bomb threat in the day and age where the NSA monitors ALL digital and telephone communication.

Really? I hope you're not serious.

Anyways,

The 2007 Boston bomb scare occurred on Wednesday, January 31, 2007, after both the Boston Police Department and Boston Fire Department mistakenly identified battery-powered LED placards resembling the Mooninite characters of the Cartoon Network show Aqua Teen Hunger Force, as improvised explosive devices. Placed throughout Boston, Massachusetts and the surrounding cities of Cambridge and Somerville, these devices were part of a guerrilla marketing advertising campaign for Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters, a film based on the animated television series Aqua Teen Hunger Force on Cartoon Network's late-night programming block, Adult Swim.

I didn't know bombs went off in Cambridge and Somerville as well.

This incident led to controversy from a number of sources, including The Boston Globe, Los Angeles Times, Fox News, The San Francisco Chronicle, New York Times, CNN, and The Boston Herald. A group of police found them to be sharing "some characteristics with improvised explosive devices." These characteristics included an identifiable power source, circuit board with exposed wiring, and electrical tape. Investigators were intending to determine "if this event was a hoax or something else entirely".

Link

That last part is hilarious.

Fear is our tradition.
edit on 14-7-2013 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by eisegesis

and it is no coincidence nobody every gets arrested for phoning in the bomb threat in the day and age where the NSA monitors ALL digital and telephone communication.

Really?

I hope you're not serious. This kind of thinking could do us in...

I'm just saying.. the NSA supposedly has access to all calls/ e-mails (allegedly).. so, why is it they can't find the people calling in these bomb threats? Either they're lying about their capabilities, or the people phoning in the threats are allowed NOT to be caught.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Really?

I'm just saying.. the NSA supposedly has access to all calls/ e-mails (allegedly).. so, why is it they can't find the people calling in these bomb threats? Either they're lying about their capabilities, or the people phoning in the threats are allowed NOT to be caught.

Perhaps they used a disposable go phone, or a pay phone?

I still don't really understand what the connection between the mooninites and a bomb scare 6 years later is supposed to be though.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveWx3

Really?

I still don't really understand what the connection between the mooninites and a bomb scare 6 years later is supposed to be though.

Please watch the video then- Tufts medical center was evacuated because of the Aqua Teen Hoax- It was later evacuated during the Boston Bombing Hoax as well because of a "Bomb Scare".

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Im sorry, but this a huge stretch. The original situation happened 5 years ago and was blown way out of proportion. They were signs advertising a movie, they were no more a bomb than any other LED sign in the world. Just because someone freaked out because they saw wires does not make this a bomb scare. The city were the only ones associating this with anything bomb related.

There is absolutely nothing with those signs to indicate, hint, or imply anything to do with a bomb.

The only thing i would say this shows is that Boston is known for going way over the top way over the top when they are scared, whether they are scared of something real, or imagined. From treating an LED sign like its some kind of bomb, to locking down an entire city to search for someone involved with a real bombing. They over-react frequently, that is plain to see from Boston's history.

DC

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveWx3

Really?

Please watch the video then- Tufts medical center was evacuated because of the Aqua Teen Hoax- It was later evacuated during the Boston Bombing Hoax as well because of a "Bomb Scare".

I watched the video, I just dont understand how moving the patients to the atrium of the hospital helps anyone. Is that when you think the 'actors' were taken away or what? I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't get it.

I also have no urge to spend another 8 minutes watching something that I didn't understand the first time around.
edit on 14-7-2013 by DaveWx3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Yet, out of the 10 Cities that had these lights installed - Only Boston freaked out about them- and only Boston has any proof that they were even in the city.

What's even more interesting- the DHS themselves stated that they "found no other devices in any other cities".. Not that I trust the DHS, but there was ZERO proof that any of these Aqua Teen signs were in fact installed in any of the 9 other mentioned cities- No pictures, no video.. nothing really, besides a few articles saying they were found.

If you can find any proof (video, photo) that they were in fact in the other cities, please provide it.

So, out of 10 cities with these signs supposedly installed, only Boston goes full bomb-squad/ police disrupting traffic style.

One of the locations where the "Bomb threat" in 2007 disrupted activity was Tufts Medical Center- The exact same location that 6 years later would be evacuated during a "Bomb threat."

It appears the Aqua Teen event was a dry-run to find out how the staff at Tufts would react. Tufts was one of the main staging areas for fake victims during the Later Boston event.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The latter option, I think.
The NSA probably dont wish to get caught up in day to day policing and false alarms, and certainly wouldnt shout "look what we can do" to everyone. I'm sure there are a LOT of crimes they could quickly solve, if they chose to do so.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thepaulstalservice

The broadcasting company has been asked to remove the green, glowing devices from public locations, and the company was complying with that request Wednesday afternoon, said Seattle police spokesman Sean Whitcomb.

Source

The devices also were found in Seattle, Woodinville and Bothell, according to Seattle police, but did not trigger alarm.

Source

You are not going to find a picture, or video of the signs in other cities because no other city besides Boston freaked out and turned a simple advertising stunt in to a media frenzy bomb scare.

DC
edit on 7/14/2013 by xDeadcowx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xDeadcowx
You are not going to find a picture, or video of the signs in other cities because no other city besides Boston freaked out and turned a simple advertising stunt in to a media frenzy bomb scare.

Or, the much more likely scenario, that there were no devices placed in these other cities.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
OP, you're really grasping here for a connection that goes beyond simply a bomb having exploded in the same city where people mistook a glowing sign for an explosive device. That's all there is.

Why would a bomb and and a guerilla advertisement be placed in the same general location? Maybe because both are most effective for their respective purposes in places frequented by people.

The only interesting thought presented here is the NSA and its communication recording abilities being unable to actually prevent Americans from harm in this situation. If this could slip through the cracks, the system is flawed and needs not continue, or they were aware and let it happen anyways.

top topics

join