It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World’s Scariest Rabbit Meets World's Most Insensitive Human.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by teachtaire
So... you want to kill a perfectly healthy rabbit for being ugly?

If it was suffering any ill-effects it wouldn't have reached adulthood in the wild.

It seems to move fine, no neurological problems.

It seems perfectly content eating grass or whatever.

It is a rabbit. They're supposed to be horny.

I starred you as I star everyone who responds to my threads...well almost.

But please read the entire article and note the probable suffering, starvation etc.

No one in this thread would ever (hope not) kill something for the hell of it and certainly for being "ugly" (your term not mine). We even allow Beezzer to exist out of the kindness of our collective hearts.

Seriously, after looking further it's not painless and starvation being another end is certainly not the way to die for man nor beast.

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

If it was suffering any ill-effects it wouldn't have reached adulthood in the wild.

I sure am glad you aren't a doctor!

"Perfectly healthy".

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

I sure am glad you aren't a doctor!

"Perfectly healthy".

If that's a perfectly healthy rabbit, what the hell have I been eating over the years?

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Obviously we should all seek out animals with growths as a sign of good health and well being.

If i ever find another mate, I will make sure she has some papilloma's growing on her head. Nothing says "HEALTH!!!" like a half dozen papilloma's.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Don't you have anything better to do? Trust me, you don't need to troll and act stupid. Your mother already gifted you with enough of that, so don't overdo it.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Being a western minded individual and growing up in the country on a farm we put many animals down due to sickness, broken limbs, or just to eat....I always hoped that if I really had something terribly wrong someone would do the same for me or I could do the deed myself...

I was overseas and heard a moaning noise outside...It was a cat that was almost bald, no fur, no eyes, yellow mucus running out of the eye sockets and nose. I got a club and killed the animal with one swift blow...The Buddhist almost had a heart attack! It was not my right to interfere with the cats destiny of this life. Karma and all that was thrown in to show me the error of my ways.......I have seen people shot and everyone just stand around not wanting to take his Karma upon themselves by assisting .....Myself, I will do what I can and Karma be damned...most of the time..?

Fast forward 40 years and a couple of months ago there was a young cat that got ran over which flattened his hind quarters like someone took an iron and an ironing table to him...... He did not die and unfortunately was able with his front paws to get to our farm house; he was begging for water and food while making all kinds of pleading noises...Again unfortunately my wife and her mom were home when the cat arrived or I would have killed him in a heartbeat.

I ended up taking the cat to the vet....being Buddhist no one wanted to terminate the cats life. The vet said the cat might live a month but was not sure..Well that was 6 months ago and several cans of cat food ago.....

The cat has no control of his urine or excrement so I ended up building a pen about 8' by 4' and put cardboard in the bottom to confine the slime trails the cat left everyplace like a snail...

The cat is very loving and yearns for human contact but most people will not touch a cat around her because they are a known disease carrier.

Because of the caked excrement I am the one who ends up giving the cat a bath at least once a week. When the cat gest lonely he talks up a storm and refuses to eat until someone touches and scratches him; then he will eat. No touch, no scratch, he will not eat for at least a day maybe longer, I dunno....Life and death's destination can be rather gruesome regardless of our intervention..
Anyone want a loving half dead cat?

edit on 14-7-2013 by 727Sky because: .....

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
# on face aint major critical skeletal muscular injuries. Bit of a difference there.

Basically, your automatic response cycle to stimulus is indicative of A.) Poor problem solving capabilities. B.) Mental defectiveness. C.) Low Intelligence.

In my official capacity as a anti-troll, I must regretfully inform you that you are grossly inept at being a vet. I highly suggest you take up a different career choice, because anyone who can't tell the difference between an actual defect and a superficial one isn't fit to take care of a nematode.

Good day sir. Perhaps skeet shooting would be more appropriate for one of your inclination.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
Being a western minded individual and growing up in the country on a farm we put many animals down due to sickness, broken limbs, or just to eat....I always hoped that if I really had something terribly wrong someone would do the same for me or I could do the deed myself...

I was overseas and heard a moaning noise outside...It was a cat that was almost bald, no fur, no eyes, yellow mucus running out of the eye sockets and nose. I got a club and killed the animal with one swift blow...The Buddhist almost had a heart attack! It was not my right to interfere with the cats destiny of this life. Karma and all that was thrown in to show me the error of my ways.......I have seen people shot and everyone just stand around not wanting to take his Karma upon themselves by assisting .....Myself, I will do what I can and Karma be damned...most of the time..?

Fast forward 40 years and a couple of months ago there was a young cat that got ran over which flattened his hind quarters like someone took an iron and an ironing table to him...... He did not die and unfortunately was able with his front paws to get to our farm house; he was begging for water and food while making all kinds of pleading noises...Again unfortunately my wife and her mom were home when the cat arrived or I would have killed him in a heartbeat.

I ended up taking the cat to the vet....being Buddhist no one wanted to terminate the cats life. The vet said the cat might live a month but was not sure..Well that was 6 months ago and several cans of cat food ago.....

The cat has no control of his urine or excrement so I ended up building a pen about 8' by 4' and put cardboard in the bottom to confine the slime trails the cat left everyplace like a snail...

The cat is very loving and yearns for human contact but most people will not touch a cat around her because they are a known disease carrier.

Because of the caked excrement I am the one who ends up giving the cat a bath at least once a week. When the cat gest lonely he talks up a storm and refuses to eat until someone touches and scratches him; then he will eat. No touch, no scratch, he will not eat for at least a day maybe longer, I dunno....Life and death's destination can be rather gruesome regardless of our intervention..
Anyone want a loving half dead cat?

edit on 14-7-2013 by 727Sky because: .....

That brought tears to my eyes for a very similar situation involving a wolf I once raised.

I won't go into it all but there is one member here on ATS who was there with me in those times and she remembers well.

Thank you for taking care of a creature that needs you.

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

When you saved that cat, you unfortunately became responsible for him. It is a noble thing you do, continuing to do that. Just know that it matters to the cat, even if he doesn't know it.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by 727Sky

When you saved that cat, you unfortunately became responsible for him. It is a noble thing you do, continuing to do that. Just know that it matters to the cat, even if he doesn't know it.

"unfortunately "?

Taking care of an animal in their time of neeD is not the term that comes to me.

BlesseD is the situation.

Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

"Unfortunately" means that the animal should have been put down.

It is unfortunate for the owner and the cat.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Since cancer doesn't do so well with vitamin C in large quantities is the system, wonder how the rabbit would react to Liposomal Vitamin C. Might just save the bunnies life and get him back to normal, it would be worth a try and the least that could happen is that it didn't work but if it did you might have a very grateful bunny.

I'll put an animal out of its misery if I have to but I'll also do all I can before that point also. Don't think thats going to happen for this bunny. Wish I could view the YouTube but it's blocked here so can only go by what you all have said about it.
edit on 7/15/2013 by pstrron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

If it were me, I would keep an eye on the bunny, and if it looked like he was really losing ground or suffering I would consider the humane end. However, I don't really see anything wrong with this video. That bunny doesn't even know what the internet is, let alone that people are staring at him on it. The worst this guy did from the rabbits perspective was worry him a little, but that bunny didn't even seem that concerned. There isn't even a tempest in a tea-cup here, and I learned something about rabbits.
edit on 15-7-2013 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The rabbit probably would hate being brought to the vet. It seems to be getting along, except for being chased it seems fine. I wonder if the kid glued those things on, it is always possible that this is a hoax.

Found this video when I watched that one. www.youtube.com...=77 Interesting how the girl has no fear of the animals and they don't attack her. I wish I could understand what is being said though.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

I'll put an animal out of its misery if I have to but I'll also do all I can before that point also.

Bingo!

Thank you for understanding the OP.

Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
look at these people with horns. Notice that all are old and having horns does not mean that these people are unhealthy. The same is true with this Rabbit. We do not know if this Rabbit is sick, just because it does not look like other rabbits means nothing.

www.odditycentral.com...

Some woman cut off her horn and gave it to a queen of England sometimes long ago, it is supposedly in their national treasure collection.

The rabbit does look scrawny but that could just be that it isn't eating right or that it is very old.
edit on 15-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

has this been documented in areas where there are no human habitation?

If not, there's a good chance this was caused by something from humans; just maybe gmo lawn grass, fertilizer, and herbicide.

to be honest, unless something is in the final throes of death, I'm undecided on euthanasia

edit on 15-7-2013 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
That rabbit needs to schedule an appointment with a shotgun-surgeon.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thank you for understanding the OP.

Thank you for the kind words. I hate to see an animal suffer, if you can help, help them, if you can't then put an end to the suffering. Watching an animal suffer is not funny. Being cruel to them isn't macho either. It is unfortunate that there are far to many people in this world that think they can do whatever they want to them and justify it by saying "it's just an animal". Somethings just get my knickers in a knot.

Wonder if the poster of the YouTube would mind if it was him and someone made a video and put it on YouTube so people could gawk at him and his misfortune?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Wow.. Is this ever a tough one for me. On first blush, I tend to go with the people in favor of putting it down. I have absolutely no problem with mercy killing for animals where suffering is chronic, without hope and they aren't/can't even be in a position to be assisted due to being wild or dangerous.

Then...I stopped and looked at this bunny. Beyond the face..which is hard to get past, I agree, I see a healthy and rich coat and I see healthy and fatty quarters with evidence of plenty of food and survival instinct. The poor little thing would never have lived half this time in the unforgiving environment of nature if it couldn't function well I think.

So..in the end, I don't know what I'd do. I think I'd have to see it, personally, to get a sense if there was suffering or if, like many humans with unthinkable trauma and injury in life, the little guy found a way to make peace with things and live what it sees as a decent life for the circumstances.

Call me a big softy when it comes to some things, but issues like that and the questions it raises are the sorts of things that would give me pause and really bother me for a good time afterward if I thought I got that call wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join