It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World’s Scariest Rabbit Meets World's Most Insensitive Human.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
No not Wrabbit2000 nor Beezzer...Well sometimes Beezzer scares the poop outta me.

But this is seriously strange. We don't know if the little guy is suffering much but I believe that instead of making a spoof vid that maybe the person could have taken the time to call a vet or something. IMO

www.theblaze.com...

This June 26, 2013 photo provided by Gunnar Boettcher shows a rabbit that Boettcher dubbed “Frankenstein” with what looks like a series of horns growing out of its head outside his home in Mankato, Minn. Boettcher and his brother put together a video entitled “The World’s Scariest Rabbit,” which has attracted thousands of Internet viewers.

Boettcher thinks the rabbit might have a papilloma virus that’s a form of cancer. A Minnesota Department of Natural Resources spokesperson says he suspects that is what it is, as it’s not an uncommon ailment in rabbits, but he’s not seen it on the top of the head. Credit: AP

And his insensitivity has bounced right back:

Some of the video comments haven’t been particularly kind to Boettcher. Some say it’s wrong to get a few laughs from a disease that certainly will kill the animal. Others say he has a responsibility to get it some veterinary help.

Boettcher disagrees.

“It’s a great idea to try to help him and make him healthy again, but it’s a little ridiculous to blame me for not helping the rabbit and taking him to the vet when it’s a wild rabbit,” he said. “It’s turning into a thing on animal rights … it was just supposed to be something fun between me and my brother.”

But then again, fame is only an idiot away:

mankatofreepress.com...

After the success of that initial Facebook posting, one of Boettcher's friends put the video on Reddit. If you're unfamiliar with Reddit, it's a popular website for posting videos. Within four days, more than 200,000 people had watched his impression an Australian outdoors-man adventurist. Almost 2,000 comments.

“After that, he had news reporters calling him and he gave them my name,” he said. So far he's been featured on several news sites, including the Daily Mail out of London.

For the record, Boettcher's done some checking into it and it appears the rabbit's ailment is cancer, a form of papilloma virus that is highly contagious. He expects the rabbit won't live much longer.

More on the disease:

The cottontail rabbit papilloma virus (CRPV), or Shope papilloma virus, is a type I virus under the Baltimore scheme, possessing a nonsegmented dsDNA genome.[1] It infects rabbits, causing keratinous carcinomas, typically on or near the animal’s head. These tumors can become large enough that they interfere with the host’s ability to eat, eventually causing starvation. The virus is also a possible source of myths about the jackalope.

Another poor little guy with what looks like a potential for starvation.

I know what I would have done in this case and it certainly doesn't involve using a suffering animal for a gag on FB. But hey, that's just me.

Peace

edit on 14-7-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Its a wild rabbit. I wouldn't have called the vet either...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I would have put the poor thing out of its misery. It's sad to see something like that to an creature that's absolutely helpless.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
No not Wrabbit2000 nor Beezzer...Well sometimes Beezzer scares the poop outta me.

But this is seriously strange. We don't know if the little guy is suffering but I believe that instead of making a spoof vid that maybe the person could have taken the time to call a vet or something. IMO

But funny stuff aside, the guy is a jerk.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It's a crockarabbit.
New bread escaped from area 51 be on the lookout for the catamouse that can be nasty.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Look at all those horns growing all over it's face and head!

It has to be the "Antichrabbit"- somebody call a priest or sprinkle some holy water on it or something!

But seriously, poor bunny rabbit! Either take it to a vet or put it out of it's misery, don't use it for 15 minutes of fame! Uncouth!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Didn't somebody make a thread about this a few days ago claiming it was a jackalope?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
I would have put the poor thing out of its misery. It's sad to see something like that to an creature that's absolutely helpless.

My thoughts exactly.

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

I think that guy has some issues.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by blindlyzack
Its a wild rabbit. I wouldn't have called the vet either...

I would go towards a mercy killing but...

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Finally!

Real proof of the horror's of GMO!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
Didn't somebody make a thread about this a few days ago claiming it was a jackalope?

Not sure. No search results and the source isn't BFN so...

If it turns out to be a spoof I'll feel a little relieved and have a giggle at myself tho.

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Finally!

Real proof of the horror's of GMO!

May be a little more truth to that than we realize...:

Maybe.

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Or the people behind the Gmo scare are just trolling for Lulz just like that video (makers) was.

Peace.
edit on 14-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by jude11

Or the people behind the Gmo scare are just trolling for Lulz just like that video (makers) was.

Peace.
edit on 14-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Somehow that doesn't strike me as plausible.

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Does to me back to the attack of the killer rabbits.

Run!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Somebody get the holy hand grenade of antioch!
(insert pic of king arthur on his quest for the holy grail)
Poor little guy.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If I had been there, I would have wanted it to be put out of its misery, but checked around for a school who might want it for study.

It looks like the "Tree Man" from SE Asia. But punked up into spikes.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
If I had been there, I would have wanted it to be put out of its misery, but checked around for a school who might want it for study.

It looks like the "Tree Man" from SE Asia. But punked up into spikes.

I would also try to put it out of it's misery. Sometimes it's the right thing to do.

I just put this in the OP in case you missed it:

More on the disease:

The cottontail rabbit papilloma virus (CRPV), or Shope papilloma virus, is a type I virus under the Baltimore scheme, possessing a nonsegmented dsDNA genome.[1] It infects rabbits, causing keratinous carcinomas, typically on or near the animal’s head. These tumors can become large enough that they interfere with the host’s ability to eat, eventually causing starvation. The virus is also a possible source of myths about the jackalope.

Another poor little guy with what looks like a potential for starvation.

Peace

edit on 14-7-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
So... you want to kill a perfectly healthy rabbit for being ugly?

If it was suffering any ill-effects it wouldn't have reached adulthood in the wild.

It seems to move fine, no neurological problems.

It seems perfectly content eating grass or whatever.

It is a rabbit. They're supposed to be horny.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join