It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peace: A Holy Weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

What is your will?

A man of good will spreads peace even among angry people, soothing and calming them.

Soothe those overwhelmed by anger by desiring peace with your good will. Be peaceful and others will be affected.

As you induce others with good will, you draw upon great wisdom.
You extinguish great flames of anger before they cause destruction.

But if you are harsh people will not be soothed. Even if there is a right or wrong, to settle in peace is best.

Become a fountain to others

Let your character be peaceful. "If the spirit of people delights in someone, so does the Spirit of God." - Mishna, I think?

Turn your ears towards what is good and useful.

Gaze always with compassion, and arouse compassion from God and in others.

Keep your gaze from disgrace.

Let your face reflect a peaceful heart and soul. Be welcoming and friendly, not allowing any disturbance in your radiant countenance.

Speak good words;

Express good will

Do not curse, but speak positively with benevolent words.

Open the fountains of peace to others in this way of humility and gentle respectfulness, for all good qualities come from humility. It pertains to the first state created by God: Nothingness.

Remember though that we are human and fall short of the grace of perfection, God will always forgive who goes to Him for forgiveness and consolation. A contrite heart is a good and humble heart.

Peace to all.

edit on 063131p://000 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Easier said than done.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

Truly, but not impossible.

All it takes is some will power. It's really all the freedom we have in this world so why not use it to free others?

It is not hard, just season your actions with peace. You don't have to be a master, you just need to be willing.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Good post. I watching this great documentary on the US Soviet arms race during 50's 60's. Its really amazing...There's this point where you, say, have a knife or a gun. And you have it, meaning you can set it aside and get on with your life. But we really saw this point back then, when the arms race demanded so much of people. They were subservient to it, the nukes had them, not the other way around. There was one point in particular that struck me: They had a moratorium for a few years on testing, and they KNEW at that point that the above ground tests spread fallout that poisoned the whole world with radiation. But then the USSR tested one, and the US HAD to test a bunch themselves in response. They all knew they were poisoning the world, but they had to bow to this atomic god, that's how much it controlled all of them.

So to me, that's what peace is about. Its a holy weapon directed not against people, but against the strange gods which seek to control them, like atomic weapons and arms races an wars which benefit no one. So I like your wording.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Yea well. Truth as I see it.

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still."

I cant change anyone, but I can always expect them to be exactly, who they already are.

Good luck and thanks for the positive message.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

Do not wash your hands so easily, my friend. Use your will in the way of goodwill.

new topics

top topics

join