It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Fad of Lying Between Train Tracks and the Train Speeding Overhead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I saw this video on a social network site today and felt quite sick to the stomach….

I know we were all young once upon a time and we all did crazy things, but if this goes viral how many others are going to try this and end up in the morgue?

It’s like anything that people see others do, they have to be seen to do it in order to impress their peers…
Then there is the subject of bravado and not seeing to be the one chicken amongst the cocks…

Apart from the people trying out their new skill of lying under a train, what about the poor train driver who can see what’s in front of him/her lying on the track, but has no way of being able to stop. Then there is the point when a driver does hit somebody, then that driver has to live with that on their mind and be haunted by it for the rest of their lives…..

One day some kid is going to be lying there on the ground as the train goes over them, they think the train has gone, they raise their head to have a look and boooooooom, it’s all over…….

Don’t know what else to say really……

What do you guys think?

edit on 14-7-2013 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2013 by davethebear because: video probs

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
That is horrible but your link doesn't work.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I don't mean to sound Cold!
But Anyone with brains enough to try something stupid as this deserves a trip to the Morgue!

Its natures way of cleaning up the Gene pool.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The link

Yes, there are some kids who are completely brain dead and if you are dumb enough to do such a thing, then the kids will have to live with the repercussions of being badly maimed or killed (so will their loved ones). I would guess nearly all kids doing something like this, without even thinking they will be killed..."just to do it." Like the choking game and everyone thought that was new; I saw kids doing this in the 1980's. Laying in the street, car surfing; you name it kids have done it before the current batch.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Don't know how to link the video as its facebook but there are several examples on youtube .

They seem to be perfect candidates for the Darwin Award .
www.darwinawards.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
On the plus side... there will be a few less dumb teenagers

This might be a good thing...

:shk:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMaster
The link

Yes, there are some kids who are completely brain dead and if you are dumb enough to do such a thing, then the kids will have to live with the repercussions of being badly maimed or killed (so will their loved ones). I would guess nearly all kids doing something like this, without even thinking they will be killed..."just to do it." Like the choking game and everyone thought that was new; I saw kids doing this in the 1980's. Laying in the street, car surfing; you name it kids have done it before the current batch.

Thanks for adding the link,.............always easier for people to see what you are talking about when they can see for themselves......

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Don't know how to link the video as its facebook but there are several examples on youtube .

They seem to be perfect candidates for the Darwin Award .
www.darwinawards.com...

Cheers for adding the video link, just by chance you picked the same one I saw earlier.........thanks

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
And the Darwin award goes to!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pegasus2000
But Anyone with brains enough to try something stupid as this deserves a trip to the Morgue!

Outside of the fact that it's cruel to the conductor and potentially dangerous to the passengers, I'd have to agree. As callous as it sounds, if today's society basically allows stupidity to survive due to safety latches on cabinets and the like, then perhaps these individuals, who obviously lack the wit to survive as adults/young adults, will simply succumb to their own stupidity to assist in the cleansing of the gene pool in a Darwinist fashion.

Man, that makes me sound arrogant.
I'm sorry.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yeah, young people doing stupid stuff to get a rush.. what's new really? I guess that takes some balls, just need to hope no wires are hanging down from below the train etc.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Is this a case where censorship might actually be a good thing, surely it is recklessly irresponsible for YouTube to host a video that might encourage the young and impressionable to follow suit? Planking was bad enough, but at least on the most part it wasn't that dangerous.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Think of the effect it has on the poor engineer driving that train.

He's just doing his job, and sees some idiot on the tracks. He can't stop, all he can do is blow the whistle and worry.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'm almost fifty, and we used to do that back in the eighties.

Yes it was scary as hell. That's why we were doing it. We also did much crazier and more dangerous stuff. If my mom had the faintest idea what we were doing all day even when I was little she would have had a heart attack every day. In fact I know quite a few people who were killed or severely injured doing crazy stuff. I'm sure you do, too.

Kids think they are immortal. It's not new, folks.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Think of the effect it has on the poor engineer driving that train.

He's just doing his job, and sees some idiot on the tracks. He can't stop, all he can do is blow the whistle and worry.

And should the unthinkable occur and the individual on the tracks die, how much of his life and days thereafter will be spent feeling guilt, regret, and questioning himself if there was anything that he could've done to prevent that idiot's death, It almost makes the idiot seem like a psychopath but perhaps it's just a symptom of the deep idiocy that they cannot see past their own nose to see the ramifications that their actions could have on others.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepaulstalservice
Yeah, young people doing stupid stuff to get a rush.. what's new really? I guess that takes some balls, just need to hope no wires are hanging down from below the train etc.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. If there is a wire or something hanging as it crosses over someone under the train, grabs hold of them around the neck and drags them for a couple of miles, then it certainly will be goodnight Vienna...........

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pegasus2000

Thank you. I read the thread title and thought to myself if people are that stupid then they will get what they deserve.

I'll bet you it's the same people who try the 'cinnamon challenge'.

If we're lucky we'll get a video of some idiot doing both at the same time.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Well, first of all, massive balls on this fellow.

However, his balls are larger than his brain, and that makes for a darwin award in the birthing. One can only hope that the fellow collects the aforesaid coveted prize, before he performs the rather irresponsible act of passing on his genetics to any poor unfortunate that he might sire.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I doubt we will be losing any cancer cures.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefifthcat

Is this a case where censorship might actually be a good thing, surely it is recklessly irresponsible for YouTube to host a video that might encourage the young and impressionable to follow suit? Planking was bad enough, but at least on the most part it wasn't that dangerous.

Honestly?

If you don't have enough god damn sense to understand how dangerous and stupid this stunt is then good luck wiping your own butt.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join