It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Gun Control for Travyon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Racist bandwagon? Where? Don't come at me with a faux logic since I have not mentioned race one time here. SMDH

Go back and read your response to me. It makes very little sense as if you either left out words or perhaps added extra words. It is unreadable to me and I tried reading it three times.

Let us start over. Being followed is an aggressive act in and of itself. It is not illegal but most would respond with some type of equally aggressive action, especially if the follower is within strking distance.

Oh and I'm a girl. Please do not adddress me as Sir and there is no need to call me Ma'am, either. Thanks!
edit on 14-7-2013 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
How about we try to stem the world's most significant tide of gun violence, for all the children in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya, and Gaza.

Get a clue Obama. It's painfully obvious that you and your administration could care less about "the children."

But remember, "no crisis should go do waste!"

Isn't that right Obama?

So let's use Trayvon Martin an attacker, as a poster child in America. Your administration seems to think this may help advance their gun confiscation agenda, which intends to disarm the American people.

F.T.G.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
But maybe just maybe, humans can use words instead of violence to solve life's problems. Yes, guns don't kill people, but violence sure can.

You should have been there to tell that to Trayvon before he chose to assault Zimmerman, and maybe he would be alive today, but instead he chose to try and resolve what he saw as a problem with violence and in turn suffered the consequences.

edit on 7/14/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Wow looks like this thread will survive, I should catch up.

2nd. (pffft)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

so your implying that hitting some one for following you would be a good and legal answer? i mean thats what im getting from your posts ,what you are describing is exactly why travon was shot.

he chose to attack another man for following him(not illegal) where as hitting Zimmerman was illegal and thus directly lead to Travons death. only person who caused him to die was his own poor thought process because he was dealing with a "creepy cracker" funny i dont remember too many Hispanic crackers from back in the day....that would kind of indicate that Travon was profiling Zimmerman not the other way around

i also ASKED if you were one of the people on the bandwagon for crying racism,you seem to have answered me that you think race played no factor in this. if i gave you that impression that i was labeling you as some one who thought race was a factor i apologize as i was asking you not telling you
edit on 14-7-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
So by gun violence is he talking about Zimmerman defending himself, or is he talking about the illegal gun trade that Trayvon was involved in?

Who is he to talk about illegal gun trade anyway, hmm?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

Originally posted by cry93
Do you disagree that America needs to decrease gun violence?

2nd

I agree that America needs to curb gun violence..... and rape, armed robbery, theft, knife murders,drunk driving, drug use, child abuse and every other crime that hurts people.

People need to have more common sense, compassion and personal responsibility for their actions and quit blaming circumstances, their upbringing, their financial status, other people and other races.

We have a people problem in America (and the rest of the world) that needs to change.

I refuse to blame guns, knives & cars for crime. It's not the matches fault when an arsonist strikes.
The pressure cooker didn't kill those people in Boston.....people did.

People have no morals or personal responsibility anymore. period!

Argue all you want, but those are the facts.

They have morals and responsibility somewhere deep down inside the problem is they would rather change the channel or put down the paper instead of coming to grips with the fact their lives and "freedom" are being completely manipulated.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
reply to post by cry93

you would be wrong if you hit the person following you and if they have a gun an you hit them you are most likely gonna be shot an killed for your mistake of assaulting some one out of the blue who possesses a fire arm

following people is legal at least once get over it no crime happend,no injustice scream about it until you are hoarse in the throat but that wont make you right, that is what jurys do when they rule you not guilty

Following people can also be called stalking, you know, by the law.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

You are assuming that Trayvon struck first based on GZ words.

My point is being followed is a menacing act. Had GZ stayed in his vehicle as advised Trayvon would still be alive today. Walking at night isn't a crime, either.

Oh, and I like how you aborted your racial diatribe here. Good job.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Had Zimmermann stayed in his vehicle no one would have been killed. I'd like to think that if a stranger is following me and it is dark that I have the right to stand my ground and defend myself.

I could not agree MORE with this statement and its the stance I hold in every single debate I have with my husband about this. Yes, we are a house divided. No, it's not fun

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

reply to post by mwood

Who am I arguing with here?

Not me, Sir.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
This is never letting a good crisis go to waste:

Politic's manufactured the GZ trial and never letting a good crisis go to waste politic's to offer a 'solution' that hell anyone paying attention to places like Chicago knows is just empty rhetoric.

There really expect people to buy this crap?

Hell they seriously act like guns get up all by themselves and go off indiscriminately.

I fully support mouth control for Obama.

As in a muzzle.

This is my point EXACTLY and thank you so much for stating it in a way I could not find words for.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

reply to post by cry93

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

edit on 14-7-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

BUT

Freud headed up Psychiatry and Psychiatry is based on the fear that you may not be normal so that's kind of an oxy moron if you REALLY think about it

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

So let's see, unarmed man, shot by armed man.

Let's not forget, someone is dead. Yes, he was found not guilty of murder or manslaughter. But the fact (and it is a fact) Zimmerman shot and killed Martin.

Some people may be proud of Zimmerman for what he did, some probably think he's a hero.

But maybe just maybe, humans can use words instead of violence to solve life's problems. Yes, guns don't kill people, but violence sure can.

I am a female who is logical. I am also a concrete thinker. Here is my thought process.

Told not to follow, followed.
Armed, Travyon unarmed.
Travyon is dead.
That is murder.
Nothing to see here carry on

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

yeah but stalking is the repeated following not following a suspicious person one and that is why stalking has nothing to do with the Zimmerman case

its also stalking if they have a restraining order but as travon did not have such an order in place it too is not relevant to the Zimmerman trial
following as Zimmerman did was not nor will it ever be illegal on its self,it has to be a pattern or repeated behavior to qualify as stalking

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

My point is being followed is a menacing act. Had GZ stayed in his vehicle as advised Trayvon would still be alive today. Walking at night isn't a crime, either.

You could take this one step further and say that if Trayvon would have not gone into a neighborhood that he did not belong in he would still be alive. Let's face it Zimmerman was within his rights to follow Trayvon even if he wasn't neighborhood watch captain.

Following someone is not a menacing act either. If you have nothing to hide and your not doing anything wrong then why not just ask why the person is following. Instead Trayvon chose to confront and assault Zimmerman, and eyewitnesses corroborate his story.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

You should have been there to tell that to Trayvon before he chose to assault Zimmerman, and maybe he would be alive today, but instead he chose to try and resolve what he saw as a problem with violence and in turn suffered the consequences.

edit on 7/14/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

You know what? I wish I WOULD have been there to tell Zimmerman to mind his own business and let the law enforcement handle it.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

reply to post by ValentineWiggin

yeah but stalking is the repeated following not following a suspicious person one and that is why stalking has nothing to do with the Zimmerman case

its also stalking if they have a restraining order but as travon did not have such an order in place it too is not relevant to the Zimmerman trial
following as Zimmerman did was not nor will it ever be illegal on its self,it has to be a pattern or repeated behavior to qualify as stalking

He was told not to.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

no im doing what the jury did and as self defense was not disproved we can take that according to the evidence and whatnot that was presented at trial that Zimmerman was defending him self thus implying that travon hit him and thus started the fight hence the not guilty verdict,jury said it was self defense that in my mind makes it self defense and thus justifies Zimmerman actions,he is also immune from civil suits in Florida over this so hes gonna get filthy rich off of all the mistakes the media made in attempting to find him not guilty(the 911 tapes for example)

if travon didn't hit him why was Zimmerman ruled not guilty?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

You could take this one step further and say that if Trayvon would have not gone into a neighborhood that he did not belong in he would still be alive. Let's face it Zimmerman was within his rights to follow Trayvon even if he wasn't neighborhood watch captain.

Following someone is not a menacing act either. If you have nothing to hide and your not doing anything wrong then why not just ask why the person is following. Instead Trayvon chose to confront and assault Zimmerman, and eyewitnesses corroborate his story.

How did he not belong?

More importantly, how is this different than "If you hadn't worn that slutty dress you would not have gotten raped"?

<< 1    3 >>

join