It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black-Eyed Children! Ahhhh!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I am so very skeptical when it comes to 'paranormal' or ufo-type stuff, I know many people will not believe me; but what happened to me will forever be burned into my memory. I will try to leave a complete account - Every detail I can remember follows;

Two nights ago I was out over a prospective girlfriends house, we were watching a comedy movie cuddled up. We were laughing and joking with each other about the movie, when all of a sudden I got a surge of dread. I had no idea why, my laughter instantly stopped and I grew cold and stiff.

My 'friend' (for lack of a better term) sensed my sudden and immediate change in demeanor. She asked me if everything was alright, and I told her 'yes of course' (paraphrasing) ; but the feeling of dread stayed with me. My eyes started staring at the darkness outside the window. It seemed unusually dark, but at the time I thought nothing of it. I grew cold, none of the jokes were funny anymore, I became very distant. I couldn't even concentrate on the rest of the movie. The entire evening changed, and I suggested we cut the evening short and I should be going (it was 1am, so not exactly 'short' but from her perspective, our evening ended rather abruptly).

When I left her apartment door, and heading to the exit of the main building, I got struck with another, more prominent wave of fear. I didn't know why, I've left around this time and much later plenty of times before. But for some reason as I stand there looking through the glass on the door into the pitch black night, I felt my body freeze. I couldn't bring myself to step outside. My eyes were locked on the darkness through the glass.

"You're such a *****" I told myself (Keeping things appropriate) and talked myself into not only walking outside, but boldly walking outside. A huge sense of bravado, like as if I wasn't afraid of anything. I whipped open the door and even stood with my chest out almost challenging the night.

I did not do this to act tough, though I am not defenseless, and from an observer I'd of looked fearless, but inside I was cold and definitely afraid; and the worst part is I didn't know why.

As I stood challenging the night, fear turned into terror. My body was reacting, not my mind. As if I could sense there was a real danger; like I was prey almost? That's the best I can think of it. I marched down the walkway to my vehicle, which quickly turned into a brisk walk, then a jog, then a sprint to my car, fumbling to get inside I panicked and jammed my keys into the ignition, whipped out of the parking lot and revved down the street. My sense of foreboding did not stop there.

As I drove home, all I could think about was how afraid I was, how much the terror incapacitated me. I have been trained in combat, have spoken in front of crowds, fell for ghost stories, but this was a whole new level of fear; it was primal, gut-wrenching and real.

As I turned into my driveway my headlights illuminated my entire lawn, the front of the house, and even part of my backyard. Everything seemed fine; and trust me... I was so freaked out I was particularly observant of my surroundings at the time.

I cut my engine, exited, and locked my truck with the remote button on the keychain. I walked around the front near my headlights, and just as I put the keys in my pocket (I knew left my front door unlocked), and starting up the front porch, before my head even raised up from my pocket I was struck with the same level of terror I had when I stood outside my 'friends' apartment building.

There, on my porch, were two young children holding hands and staring at me. I kid you not I nearly died inside. I didn't scream, I didn't jerk, I just...died. Like the inside of me melted with terror. But this was illogical, these were just children. It was dark, I couldn't make out who they were. There are many children in the neighborhood that I am on friendly terms with so my first thought was they just startled me; and I had in all likeliness knew them.

But the way she spoke, I knew instantly there was something wrong. It looked to be a young girl with her even younger brother. They were holding hands, and seemingly reading my thoughts she says
"We did not intend to startle you sir, we just want to come in and use the phone to call our mother."
It was her voice. The way she said that sentence I knew something was gravely wrong. She spoke with authority, confidence. It was cold & calculated; sending a stream of warning flares in my mind.

The fact that this pair appeared out of nowhere seemed a minor detail compared to her tone of voice. I'll never forget a single that sentence for as long as I live, because it shook me to the core. But they were children, just looking for a phone to call their mom, and she was with her younger brother it seemed, dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt it. But she neglected to look at me in the eyes, keeping her head down. I noticed her little brother acted the same way.

Something was very wrong, but I gained my composure, took a deep breath and tried to relax, but I did not take my eyes off these children. They were the source of the terror, I didn't know how I knew but I knew..
I had composed myself a little bit, took a deep breath and assumed a relaxed stance, certainly not approaching further, I replied.

"Kinda late for a couple of kid's to be wandering about, where are your parents?"

"We want to call our mom now, let us in to use the phone, it won't take long."

That did not answer my question; that was my immediate and exact thought; and almost instantly she replied.
"We were playing by ourselves and got lost. Let us in, my brother needs to use the bathroom."

This was not a request, but a command. The confidence oozed out of this little girl. It was pitch black, she was in front of a stranger asking for assistance, but her tone rang no emotion other than a sense of superiority, as if she was playing a game. This struck me like a church bell, loud and clear.

"Why do I feel like you're not being honest with me?"

At the same time, they raised their heads and stared directly at me. It was something out of a horror movie. Both raising their heads mechanically, at exactly the same time and rate of speed, I swear their eyes were pitch black. Not their pupils, but both her eyes were completely black. Corner to corner, lid to lid, pitch black, not one flicker of white anywhere. Terror was once again struck me cold, or was it always present? Something about these children made me feel as though I was in more danger than anything I'd ever experienced before.

She just smiled at me, more of a smirk really.

"Why don't you run on home, I'm sure your parents are worried sick."

"Let us in to use the phone, it won't take long" she repeated mechanically, staring directly into my eyes. I felt a pressure, as if I should just let them in, and I stared right back into her pitch black eyes, all the while danger sirens are running through my mind.

"Why don't you just be honest with me?"

"I am being honest, I want you to let us in."

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
"That's not going to happen, you can use my cell phone." and I reached into my pocket.

"My brother has to use the bathroom," she command.

Commanded, understand that it was not a request. She never once blinked, I know because I never wavered in my eye contact; though it was the most terrifying feeling. I did not look too much at the smaller boy, I was locked on this slightly older girl, couldn't be more than 13 or 14 years old, looking at me like I was her next meal, I thought this because she began chewing on her lower lip in a very odd and noticeable way.

"I'm sure he can hold it until he gets home," and I pulled out my cellphone, looked down to unlock it, and looked up and she was suddenly just a few feet away, staring directly at me, and said aggressively, shouting almost;
"Let us inside, it won't take long."

I stumbled back, dropping my phone on the driveway, and turned and ran into my backyard, sprinting as if I was being chased by a predator. The distance was short, but it felt like forever. I didn't look back, but I felt as if something was right behind me the entire time. I ran faster than I ever have, ripped open a sliding glass door who's lock was malfunctioning anyway, and I knew with enough force it'd come unlocked, I've done it several times; only this time I did it much faster than ever before. I opened the door, jumped in, and slammed it shut behind me, and I turned on all the lights that were in the immediate area.

The worst wasn't over. Within the seconds it took me to enter, close the door, and turn on lights, I turned to look through my glass door which was now illuminated to see both of them standing perfectly still staring right at me through the door in perfect detail. Their faces perfectly illuminated, I could see every detail of their face and eyes. There was no white in them. Evil is the only way I could put it. I never would of believed anything like this.
Then she started knocking. Forceful knocks, in a pattern of three.

-Knock-Knock-Knock...pause...-Knock-Knock-Knock...pause, repeat.

For a moment I stared unable to comprehend what was happening, frozen in fear, home alone, for some reason every anti-phenomenon weapon I knew about rushed into my head, wooden steaks- garlic- salt- crosses- everything. I had nothing handy. So I stood up and shouted clearly;

"Leave Now," as I reached for a couple of large kitchen knives. Any weapon is better than no weapon.
The knocking instantly stopped, and one final smirk. No sense of fear, nothing.

Then a banging at my front door, I turned to see my neighbor trying to peer through my front door, and I turned back quickly to see the children had vanished.

"What's going on? My neighbor shouted, as he let himself in (we're on very good terms) and he saw me with a large knife in each hand, staring into the now partially illuminated deck of my backyard.

"lock the door" I shouted, as I swung the back door open, jumped out, and looked all around my yard to see where these children had run off too. Nothing. Vanished without a trace, incompressible, no way they could of left that fast. No way at all. That's why I rushed out so quickly, to see which way they went, but they just seemed to of vanished into thin air.

Adrenaline was surging through my body, only a moment I stayed outside before I jumped back inside, locking securely every door (even the sliding door) refusing to answer any of my friends rapid fire questions until every doorway and window was locked, and even then I could only muster out a few words at a time.
The police didn't believe me really, although they took down all my info and promised to look into the matter; I doubt anything productive will come out of it.

I will never forget the faces of those two black eyed children, faces brightly illuminated showing their pitch black eyes staring directly at me, and the absolute sheer terror they provoked in me. This is something I will never forget; and I hope it's something you'll never have to experience.

---Spoiler--- This is a fake story, I wrote this myself. The purpose of this is to illuminate that these stories may not all be real. I will always tell you when something is fake or a joke, but others will not.
I do believe BEK's can and maybe do exist, but do not use these eye witness accounts as facts; they may indeed be fictitious .
But other than that, I hope you enjoyed this creepy little story I wrote for you

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Nice story. The second I knew it was fake was when you decided to stop cuddling with a girl and decided to leave. Usually when I'm cuddling with a girl I get a different sensation than fear if you know what I'm talking about. Very creative and creepy story though.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by child5p1ay72

haha yeah, you're certainly right there. Maybe it needs a little fine tuning, though I am glad you liked it!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You should, perhaps put the disclaimer of fakery into the start of the post.

I don't know what you're trying to achieve here. Are you trying to 'debunk' others, maybe real, experiences? I don't get it. Or are you simply trying to make people ebb to caution?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

Simply trying to ebb caution
& I put the disclaimer at the end because 1, it's already in the short 'stories' category, and I always find stories more enjoyable when there's a possibility of truth. Just my preference.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

It is in the short stories forum... He doesn't have to change a damn thing, I quite like it the way it is.
It reminded me of an episode of dr who I watched online not long ago, and definitely brought back memories of the children of the corn.

Tasteful, creepy, with out extremely out of this world content. Very much enjoyed this piece op !

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Thank you very much
I am glad you enjoyed it! It's always nice to hear one's work is appreciated. Especially that you found it creepy, it certainly creeped me out as I wrote it. haha.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joneselius

I don't know what you're trying to achieve here. Are you trying to 'debunk' others, maybe real, experiences? I don't get it. Or are you simply trying to make people ebb to caution?

He put it in the short story forum.
Didn't you see it coming?

BEK's may be a myth but the idea creeps me out.

edit on 14-7-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NikTheGreat

Good story!
S&F

Almost sounds like a Twilight Zone episode. It would make a good one I think. Can ya time travel?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
No one leaves their girlfriend as they are cuddling.................

S&F

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

haha yeah, I'll get right on that time travel business.

Glad many of you enjoyed it.

& yeahh, no one would leave their girlfriend... perhaps the story could use a little fine tuning..

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
No one leaves their girlfriend as they are cuddling.................

until she pulls out a huge

KNIFE!

I think she asked if I wanted Watermelon, but I'm pretty sure I had left the building by that time.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Great story! Very well written, it had me hooked from the very beginning. Even though it was in the short story forum so I knew it was fiction, LOVED it! S&F!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Until it's time to sleep, than you have to come up with a ninja like stealth maneuver to get out of it so she won't notice.
In all seriousness though are those black eyed kids stories any true or are most people making them up? I've come across a lot of those topics but never really believe them.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hahahaha, you guys are too funny. Thank you for the kind words, I am really glad you enjoyed this creepy story!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

That was good! You had me going there for a min.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

i just saw this post on an episode of ancient aliens.... too a lil to hit the mainstream but it happened...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Thanks for letting me read a pointless story.... -_-

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

My first thought was..."sure". Then I noticed it was in the short stories section. My third thought was...."Oh, it is a short story".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join