It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Countdown from 77 - Growing Speculation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I never thought I would contribute to a post like this, or even create one for that matter, but perhaps this deserves some attention from the ATS community.

Background: A 3 year old YouTube account named "Pronunciation Book" has existed to teach the pronunciation of english words, phrases, and conditions without raising much suspicion. The account, which has 26,000 subscribers, raised red flags in the highly speculative community lately after ceasing all pronunciation videos and beginning a countdown from 77; One video every day, one number lower, supplemented with messages such as "I am awake now", "Tensions between the districts have risen", "There is a storm coming in the Market"—each video ending with "Something is going to happen in x days"

Now, at first glance the troll-meter is going off big time, initial thoughts being either viral marketing or someone just taking us for a ride. But this has captured the interest of many communities on sites like 4Chan as well as Reddit due to what I will share next.

Those looking into these videos have noticed certain oddities that span from one video to the next that are documented here. Sentences used as examples could possibly be coded messages between two or more parties; perhaps covert communications.

These messages begin surfacing in the videos after a couple years of posting the words, including videos such as "how to give orders" and messages like "'Seize the mortgages immediately" 'I don't care what chief said, you're going to complete this assignment'"

A contributor to Reddit speculates in this comment:

'Twin bombings tore through the Syrian capital of Damascus Thursday, in the deadliest attacks since the uprising began last year -- killing at least 55 people and wounding more than 370, according to state media. There were claims and counterclaims about the blame for the attacks. Jeffrey Brown reports.'
On May 10th 2012 a comment on 'how to give orders'
DisobeyMe 1 year ago
I'm very sorry you have to see that, Chief. You can't understand what it's like to be stuck here. Something terrible happened on May 10th. Please help me escape from this place.
.... to me it indicates a covert communications channel to or from Syria. Orders are relayed in substitution code, and comments are used to reply.

My interest rose slightly, and then shot up at the reveal of this: www.goodreads.com...

This book, 77 Days in September, highlights the aftermath of a Nuclear EMP device detonated over the United States. Published in May of 2011... so it wouldn't make sense to advertise for the book now.

The countdown will end on September 24th (or 25th depending on TZ), 2013.

Let's hear what you guys think...Perhaps there is more out there. **Also** Each countdown video is around :24 seconds long, each number pronunciation followed by at least :10 of silence...with the faintest of clicking in the background. Could be something to that. Even if this is nothing, it is at least entertainment for the next 70 days - we cant lose focus on the important issues but there could be something to this.
edit on 14-7-2013 by Plan2exist18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Looks like a good way to get attention drawn to a book.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Whatever it is, it has my interest now.
Perhaps its not a mystery, perhaps it is. More than likely its a publicity stunt, but who knows for what.

I'll be sure to check it out from time to time for updates.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
What better way to get an encoded message to the masses as a totally obscure youtube video with "useless information" .

I wonder if this is a very widespread way of telling people do do things out there.

Encryption in its best form is only the sender and the receiver have the key.

Which makes common encryption totally useless since somebody sold out to somebody with mainstream encryption.

A useless video with thousands of followers is a red flag I agree.

Fifth coulombs everywhere I can see. Even though I am not among them.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Plan2exist18

Here 77 to 74.

"Something is going to happen in 77 days."

"I've been trying to tell you something for 1,183 days. Something is going to happen in 76 days."

"I'm awake now. Things are clearing up. I'm not saying the words anymore. Something is going to happen in 75 days."

"I've got a minute. Let me tell you what I think is going on. Something is going to happen in 74 days."

OK.......
thats a little creepy.
edit on 14/7/2013 by skuly because: Im not telling so nya nya

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
First i've heard of this channel and it's messages.

Tell you what though, it sounds a LOT like those strange Russian 'number stations' (and other nationalities had them) that used to broadcast this type of thing (think they still do, not sure).

These broadcasts went on for years, starting just after WW2.

Widely suspected to be the work of various intelligence agencies sending out coded messages to agents in the field, although still not proven to have been exclusively used for espionage purposes.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfHart
What better way to get an encoded message to the masses as a totally obscure youtube video with "useless information."

Exactly, history is littered with examples of covert communication ops from secret routes during the American Revolution to Operation Ivy Bells with the USSR... how fascinating to think that there could be coded comm lines open on one of the most public and non-secure website of all: YouTube. The links to Syria are definitely present.

It is almost as if they are hiding in plain sight. Brilliant

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Isn't that about when the last episode, of "The Last Season of Futurama" is going to be shown??

Just sayin'

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I suggest you take note of his voice timbre. ( the pitch ) If its something to be worried about then it will go up.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I"ve checked out the channel too, and might subscribe to it to see where this goes.

My Troll-O-Meter is clicking on 11 for BS, but I think I will keep a close eye on it and the news. For one, I think this is some viral campaign...perhaps for a sequel to the 77 days book?

This should def be watched, and if we are trolled hard, we're trolled hard. If it is true...coincidence.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
That would suck if the very last one on that last day...was a Rick roll, that would be epic.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
they just posted day 71...wish i could link it, but im on my crappy phone atm.

if OP obliges, i would like to make a similar thread on ths with my findings.

I still think it's an elaborate troll, but it also seems highly suspect.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
With the 76, 1,183 days was when the channel opened. Makes me think this was some sort of marketing for an audiobook coming out in... 76 days. Could be, but I don't think so. I think people would be pissed off, rather than buy the book.

I think it may actually be a cryptic message. Interesting.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This is an AGR, was solved awhile back.

UPDATE - This is an ARG. See proof below:

According to the Youtube channel, PronunciationBook joined Apr 14, 2010. Just one day later, on April 15th 2010, PronunciationBook.com was registered by a “Thomas Bender”. See WHOIS details here.

The email associated with the domain name registration is [email protected]. Who is Thomas Bender? Who is Franz Poekler?
After looking up Thomas Bender, we found that this name is attributed as the owner of several other related domain names.

reversewhois.domaintools.com...

WhoIs:
Name: Thomas Bender
Phone Number: (***) ***-**65
Address:
PO Box 726
JAF Station
New York, 10116
US

That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Here's the full info

Disclaimer: all of this information is publicly available to anyone. Hope it doesn't violate T&C.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The second half of each video sounds like it could be a simple Morse Code, or it could be a burst transmission. More then likely it's a Morse code with 2 to 3 codes being sent per video. You can clearly hear one character then a pause followed by a second character, and in a couple of them a third.:

What I heard (thanks to being a Heavy Machine Gunner when I was younger I might have heard these wrong, so anyone mind checking my work?)

(using the International Morse Code)

77; 8 / O [the letter not a number]
76; M / Z / K
75; M / Z / O [again the Letter and not a number]
74; M / Z / K
73; M / Z / B
72; M / Q / 6
71; M / P / V

M sounds like --/ but it could be ../ If that's the case then all the "M"s will be "I" instead.

If anyone can hear the signals better, by all means post what they think it is.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

WOW if the Morse Code quoted in that link is correct, then My hearing is far worse then I thought.

The thought that this is an ARG sound pretty good. It seems that the 77 days are up around the time that the new TV season starts. Neat, but that's all it is.

edit on 15-7-2013 by Guyfriday because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

Morse code is exactly what I thought at first. I tried listening, however, like you my hearing is shot. Too many years in the field artillery.

I definitely hear something in there though. Hopefully someone with better hearing can make it out.
edit on 15-7-2013 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I have been monitoring that exact google doc since it was created, which was a week ago, so you are inaccurate in saying this was "solved a while back." It also had said that it is "an ARG..So we think" up until today when it was "confirmed."

Also... I saw that they uncovered vital info about the creator of the page but I dont necessarily how it solidifies anything relating to a RPG vs a prediction or communication site... They seem pretty sure of the ARG thing now so I guess this is a write-off from this point on.

Frustrating. Thanks for linking that info here though

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Since you've been following it from the beginning, Have you had any luck with what sounds like Morse Code?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
77 is the atomic number Of Iridium, which is the second densest element in the world.

The first being anyone who thinks this is anything other than a marketing campaign ;-)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join