It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests erupt across America as Trayvon Martin ‘vigilante’ killer George Zimmerman walks free

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hope this doesnt get too ugly.

Protests erupted across the US after a neighbourhood watch volunteer who shot dead an unarmed black teenager was cleared of murder. Supporters of the 17-year-old victim Trayvon Martin’s family yelled ‘No! No!’ outside a Florida court when the verdict was announced. Flags were burnt and cars and windows smashed as marches were held in seven cities.

The way things are these days I dont think it would take much at all for these types of protests to spiral out of control into full scale rioting, just look at Brazil.

Link
Link 2
edit on 14-7-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The reds showing their true, violent colors once again.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
How did Zimmerman gets those cuts and that bloody nose? Didn't Trayvon attack him?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The truth is on their T-shirts.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Lady? where are the links showing "protest erupting across america"

There is no one marching here. No one burning or rioting here.

what about everywhere else? anyone?

You better watch that damn "press"

edit on 14-7-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is a misleading title...

There aren't protests erupting across America, there was one main one in Oakland, California, and the rest were peaceful. It even says in your source:

The verdict also sparked protests in Los Angeles, where hundreds of people gathered in a park for what police termed a peaceful vigil.

The response so far has been admirable, with people voicing themselves with their Constitutional rights to do so.

The title makes it sound like this event will make the country rip apart at the seams, and that's just not true.

~Namaste
edit on 14-7-2013 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: changed to be more specific

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

Link 1 from the metro.co.uk here. I already posted this link.

and here is another link from RT with another article.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Not trying to mislead anyone. I used the title which the metro used.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Looks out the window

Turns on the TV....

Goes back to his ATS surfing

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

I'm not saying you were misleading.

The title is though, as it appears in the source like other countries are try to show us as weak from within.

~Namaste

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Crowds of several hundred people assembled on the streets in reaction to the Zimmerman verdict have been reported across the United States, including in San Francisco, Washington, DC, New York and Chicago. Los Angeles police even issued a citywide tactical alert after about 200 protesters gathered in Leimert Park, LA Times cited police authorities as saying. US President Barack Obama has urged Americans to respect the verdict of the jury which cleared George Zimmerman of the murder of Trayvon Martin. “I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken,” the president said in a statement. Meanwhile, protesters in Oakland, CA had smashed windows and there have also been reports of small fires burning around the city, as well as police vehicle damaged.

Source

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

So a man is cleared of murder, and the protesters smash up innocent peoples cars and Windows??

Sounds like the protesters don't know what they're fighting for...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Not blaming you. Look at what Ive said. Just encouraging you to think for yourself based on your own reality. The "press" will have you think the damn sky is falling if you let it and these days, to be perfectly honest we dont know what peoples agendas are.

This case had not a damn thing to do with race until someone MADE it about race. Two minorities in conflict. Think about it. Do you really think "latinos" and "blacks" hate each other? I'll put it this way, I can call "latino" family members with "black" kids right now. Hell the President himself is not of one color.
edit on 14-7-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Looks out the window

Turns on the TV....

Goes back to his ATS surfing

Brilliant......

Goes back to ATS Surfing as well.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Okay so nobody is protesting anywhere, the UK news site and Russian news site just made it all up and the pictures on both sites are faked.

Look I know the press has a tendency to exaggerate stories from time to time but all ive done is post about articles which seem to be about apparent civil unrest in the civil unrest forum. I never said I thought there was full scale rioting happening there I said I hoped it doesnt escalate to that. Protests and rioting are two different things.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Not anything going on here either. Dang and Wal Mart just got a load of 60" TV's. This city's 92% black and alls quiet and it's 88 degrees outside but lots of cops on duty

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Across America?
Hmm,. the Gfriend and I took the Bike for a ride to the mall, and grocery stores
Lots of people out today enjoyin the weather hangin out by the lakes, tubin, skiing
buyin stuff at the mall (And to add, many african americans there) and not a
single sign of protesting, or "uprising" anywhere. Hmmmm maybe they just dont care.

oh and i live near milwaukee
edit on 14-7-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
You know that sometimes even K's hotsheets get it wrong.

edit on 14-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Okay so nobody is protesting anywhere, the UK news site and Russian news site just made it all up and the pictures on both sites are faked

Well this should be a great example of some supposedly "Reputable News outlets" exaggerating the situation for two possible reasons. One, they may have an agenda and are trying to stir the pot or give the impression of something worse. Two, is that they are simply unreliable in their reporting.

Take your pick eh?

Look I know the press has a tendency to exaggerate stories from time to time but all ive done is post about articles which seem to be about apparent civil unrest in the civil unrest forum. I never said I thought there was full scale rioting happening there I said I hoped it doesnt escalate to that. Protests and rioting are two different things.

You do sorta give the impression that it would be easily accomplished though imho.

The way things are these days I dont think it would take much at all for these types of protests to spiral out of control into full scale rioting, just look at Brazil.

edit on 14-7-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

oh and i live near milwaukee

As do I. Glorious day, filled with sunshine. No Anarchy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join