It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Fall In to the Trap!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I still don't understand how people don't get it. Politicians and the media have incubated, grown, and implemented a mistrust amongst whites and blacks, Christians and Muslims, the poor and the rich, gays and straights, republican and democrats, etc...Why you ask? It's very simple. Politicians know that the more divided we are the less power we have. They know that if we unify their power is gone, so they do everything they can to keep us divided. DON'T FALL IN TO THE TRAP!

Not to be too conspiratorial, but think about the Zimmerman trial. There wasn't enough evidence for the police to create a case after the incident. It wasn't until there was pressure from the federal government, that a case was brought against him. It was very clear that there was no way there was going to be a conviction; NOT BECAUSE SOMETHING ILLEGAL MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE HAPPENED, but because there was complete lack of evidence. Plus we all know how good the State of Florida's prosecution is (Casey Anthony). So why would the federal government want to bring something to trial they know wouldn't get a conviction? Because there were racial undertones involved and it would cause us to argue and disagree and further distance ourselves. Do not fall in to the trap!

Remember in order for the government to do things like read your emails, tap your phone, have drones kill American citizens, allow politicians to funnel in dirty money, etc... they need their citizens to be divided. If we want to change anything we have to look past each others differences, ignore the "divide and conquer" scheme, and unify. Wake up people.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stdscf12
I still don't understand how people don't get it. Politicians and the media have incubated, grown, and implemented a mistrust amongst whites and blacks, Christians and Muslims, the poor and the rich, gays and straights, republican and democrats, etc...Why you ask? It's very simple. Politicians know that the more divided we are the less power we have. They know that if we unify their power is gone, so they do everything they can to keep us divided. DON'T FALL IN TO THE TRAP!

There has ALWAYS been a mistrust between two groups that see themselves as different on some level. The PTB just exploit that pre-existing trait and try to use it to their own benefit.

People divide themselves. TPTB just see the opportunity to use that to their advantage and take it.

edit on 7/14/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Lot of wisdom in your words my friend.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stdscf12

Whats cool to me is I had just posted the same sentiments on my FB just seconds before I read this thread.

I agree. They want to keep us divided. If people would turn their tv off and or not buy into the bs we would all be better off.

Money is the root of the greed and power hungry beasts that ravage this earth and consume the light and life of all who become slaves to it.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

DON'T FALL IN TO THE TRAP!
they need their citizens to be divided. If we want to change anything we have to look past each others differences, ignore the "divide and conquer" scheme, and unify. Wake up people.

Well said

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I agree....well said!!
If you read enough on this site...you see just how divided we are.

I purposely didn't follow the Zimmerman trial, because I feel for both sides. The only two people who really know what their motives were (at the time) are Zimmerman and Martin. For all we know, they both felt intimated and threatened...and afraid. Sadly, one of them had a gun on him...and well, you know the rest.

Good thread! S&F
jacygirl

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I would like to state you you that I have not fallen into the trap.

I have deleted facebook friends for bringing polarity.

I have quit talking to acquaintances who bring politics.

I have even lost a friend recently because they were to snobby to enjoy a cheap beer.

I am free, and I am free from the trap. I am myself and I will make my own destiny.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Nice thread and well said my friend well said.

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
TPTB just see the opportunity to use that to their advantage and take it.

Don't forget my friend that they even have the power to creat that opportunity .

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ManOfHart

I so agree with you - so many people just refuse to see it - it's rather maddening.

Dems and repubs are the same - race baiting/ gay issues/ religions - Don't fall into the traps - See the manipulation for what it is.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Exactly, people are easily manipulated, even (especially) liberals these days. Just twist around a few things here and there and show it to them, and they will fully support going into a police state!

All of a sudden many will fully support martial law and federal powers being abused as long as it is being used for something they believe in -

But these people (liberals in this case) are being tricked -

The very precedents they set will be used against them in the next cycle.

Why did Martin Luther King, Jr. want peaceful protests? Because he knew that being the better man was beneficial to the credibility of his movement in the end.
edit on 15-7-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

There has ALWAYS been a mistrust between two groups that see themselves as different on some level. The PTB just exploit that pre-existing trait and try to use it to their own benefit.

People divide themselves. TPTB just see the opportunity to use that to their advantage and take it.

I agree.

Furthermore, I think some level of mistrust between different groups of people is wise. You just can't go around trusting everyone blindly and waiting to see if you made a mistake. It is a good idea to be somewhat guarded in your dealings with people who might have other things on their minds.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Politicians and the media have incubated, grown, and implemented a mistrust amongst whites and blacks, Christians and Muslims, the poor and the rich, gays and straights, republican and democrats, etc...

I have as much mistrust of the government as anyone else, but I couldn't disagree more with your sentiment. We don't need a government to drive a wedge between those of opposing views; we do that pretty well on our own.

The government doesn't need to brainwash good citizens into suddenly hating homosexuals. The media didn't need to put guns into the hands of the kids at Columbine, or the theater killer or any other lunatic. Those that hate people of a different color do so without any help from anyone. Islamic extremists learned to hate Christians and Jews and infidels all on their own.

The truth is that bad people do bad things without a government agenda. Insane people do insane things simply because they're insane. Stupid people do stupid things because they're stupid.

No, the government and the media may play up or play down certain events, but we the people are our own worst enemy.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
good post.
but its far to late...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
That's idealistic thinking. We're all just rats in a cage, fighting each other and trying to get out or get ahead. No one's gonna unit for anything, or get organized. Just a waste of time. I think your best option is just to try and enjoy life, or try and make a lot of money so you can get out of the rat race.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Well said! We need to love each other no matter what our circumstances. Only then will we get out from under their tyranny!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
How the rich invented racism

By Iggy Kim and Peter Boyle

Racism is often presented as a deep-seated and "ancient" suspicion and hostility between people of different races — a "natural" if mistaken prejudice that is hard to eradicate but will eventually be banished through education. But if this is true, why is racism increasing in wealthy countries, where the public has had greater access to education?

An understanding of racism has to begin by looking at its historical origins.

Racism assumes that separate "races" of people exist with clearly definable sets of social and physical characteristics, and asserts that some of these races are superior to others.

But biology cannot provide coherent definitions of what are usually identified as "races". Isolated genetic pools are rare in reality and don't form the basis for racial categories in practice. Even if some generally consistent physical features are discernible, they bear no real significance, because social traits are not attached to skin or eye colour or the shape of the nose.

Wide cultural and historical variations exist within both "black" and "white" racial groups. For example, many Aborigines have objectively more in common with some "white" Australians than with Melanesians or African-Americans.

Races also cannot be distinguished on the basis of social attributes. It would be clearly unreasonable to categorise people into "races" by musical taste, hairstyle or mode of dress.

In the 19th century, considerable "research" was carried out in the west to give racial theories a pseudo-scientific legitimacy. Foreheads were analysed for shape and slope, noses measured, brains weighed, all in the cause of proving the superiority of the "white races".

Racial categories are socially founded. Arbitrarily selected physical traits are fetishised and artificially injected with social value.

A deeply ingrained eye for "race" has developed in all societies where there is systematic racial oppression, but the social nature of racial categories is starkly exposed when comparing the "white" and "black" racial categories. Those who qualify for the former must have no visible "non-white" features, while a person with visible signs of Aboriginal and European ancestry is still classed as "black".

Origins

Racism has its historical roots in the development of capitalism.

The new capitalist class in medieval Europe had to accumulate the necessary money capital to take over the means of production. Columbus' 1492 invasion of the Americas was decisive in this process. The Spanish and Portuguese aristocracies plundered the gold and silver of the native Americans and used this wealth to buy luxuries manufactured by the emerging bourgeoisies of England, France, Holland and Germany.

In order to plunder the gold and silver of the native Americans, and later to expropriate their tribal lands for plantations, the European colonists exterminated enormous numbers of native Americans.

In a period of 50 years from their arrival, the Spanish conquistadors exterminated 15 million people with the aid of introduced diseases like smallpox. Densely populated areas like Haiti, Cuba, Nicaragua and the coast of Venezuela were completely depopulated. As a result, the European plantation owners faced an acute shortage of labour.

Some system was necessary to bring workers to the new lands and to force them to work for their masters. At first the landed proprietors relied upon indentured servants or serfs from the mother countries. However, indentured servants proved inadequate: if they ran away, they could not readily be distinguished from free colonists or their masters.

As production on the colonial plantations expanded to meet the needs of growing capitalist industries in Europe, it became increasingly urgent to find new, more abundant and more easily identifiable sources of forced labour.

The African slave trade came to the planters' rescue. Slaves could be purchased cheaply and brought in unlimited numbers from Africa.

Moreover, the colour of their skins made them easily identifiable, stopping them from escaping and merging with the rest of the colonial population. The colour of their skins became the sign of servitude. This was the origin of racism.

The view that those with non-white skins were inferior to those with white skins was gradually elaborated to justify the particular form of slave labour that was introduced in the Americas by a rising capitalism.

Continued Here

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I fully agree with your statement OP and am so glad to see others acknowledging the issue. I really don't understand how the majority doesn't see these traps as they repeat themselves over and over and I started seeing the patterns when I was about 25.
The media knows exactly what to do and exactly how to make the herd react and not react at will.

This is a major attack against the people to disarm, confuse, DIVIDE and eventually bring further apathy to the American public regarding the recent Snowden info.

And it's not only the Zimmerman case. The recent abortion law changes in Texas are a part of this distraction as well. The whole Paula Deen affair. The ever-going gay marriage and immigration conflicts. Everything to get the people's minds off the government corruption, loss of liberty and prevent people from coming together as we the people should.

It's done at a generational level as well. Gas prices are a cause for alarm and anger until they fluctuate at ever-increasing pennies until people get USED to it. When average job pay is $8-9/hour and 30 years ago it wasn't unusual to get factory jobs that paid 30/hr, people get USED to it and the children grow up to not know any better. To not realize what has been done to them and then are left only to fight the fight to stop the further control and corruption until their children are in the same boat.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Not many people have your level of insight unfortunately. For many of us, this kind of thing is so obvious as to appear childish - however taking the time to make a post and state the obvious is worthwhile, because the great majority are completely deceived by this disingenuous, moron level trickery.

When I see this kind of thing, it reminds me of playing with my dog. Pretending to throw a ball - and watching the dog run and look, and then the dog returns to appear amazed the ball is still in your hand.

Small minds are confused by simple tricks - the effectiveness of such obvious methods erodes my faith in human beings.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Not to be too conspiratorial, but think about the Zimmerman trial. There wasn't enough evidence for the police to create a case after the incident. It wasn't until there was pressure from the federal government, that a case was brought against him. It was very clear that there was no way there was going to be a conviction; NOT BECAUSE SOMETHING ILLEGAL MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE HAPPENED, but because there was complete lack of evidence. Plus we all know how good the State of Florida's prosecution is (Casey Anthony). So why would the federal government want to bring something to trial they know wouldn't get a conviction? Because there were racial undertones involved and it would cause us to argue and disagree and further distance ourselves. Do not fall in to the trap!

Remember in order for the government to do things like read your emails, tap your phone, have drones kill American citizens, allow politicians to funnel in dirty money, etc... they need their citizens to be divided. If we want to change anything we have to look past each others differences, ignore the "divide and conquer" scheme, and unify. Wake up people.

I live in the UK where the divide and control aspect of government is growing, you're post is 100% correct and I admire you for saying it. Thanks and respect.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I have been saying this for years but most people want to ignore this truth and push the wedge issues!
We will never unite and we will never revolt and exploitation will be the main reason why!
I'm sorry but it's the truth cause people are just to easy to dupe! Too bad it's not a requirement to pass basic psychology in order to live here but then TPTB would be out of a job! We are demoralized and divided which makes us all easy prey! Maybe some day some one some where will be able to make us all see there can only be freedom, happiness and truth only with sacrifice, understanding, accountability and unity!

PS: Thank you for making this post. I have been wanting too for a long time but am kind of depressed because nothing seems to bring light to the darkness of public perception!
Though there are other things that need to be addressed this is a good start!
edit on 16-7-2013 by nosacrificenofreedom because:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join