It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Americans Stand Up If The DOJ Goes After George Zimmerman

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Watching the Sunday morning news talk shows this morning, and saw where Al Sharpton and others are calling for the DOJ to check into civil rights violations by George Zimmerman.

Now I have a few questions about this. Americans

1. Is it not True the FBI found that there was no racial bias or profiling by Zimmerman?

2. If so, how and what can they charge him with, seeing that the Florida courts found that this is not racial or that he profiled Martin?

3. If The DOJ does pursue these type charges, will Americans raise up and raise hell like the Martin supporters?

My view if the FBI found no racial or profiling on Zimmerman's part, there is no basis to bring these type charges up.

I also think that many people of all races or color, are getting wise and are tired of the Government over stepping their bounds are this just might spark something more than they are ready to handle just yet.

i could go on and on about this but i''l leave it here and ask for your options and would really like to see some hard facts if possible.

edit on 14-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I saw Harry Reid talking about how he wants to keep going with this as well.

I understand that civil cases require less evidence to make their case ....
but seriously .... it's just not there.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I saw Harry Reid talking about how he wants to keep going with this as well.

I understand that civil cases require less evidence to make their case ....
but seriously .... it's just not there.

i saw him to. that harry reid is another snake in the grass.
i'll be glad when he's gone.

i also thought that if your found not guilty that your immune to civil charges.
they also said that if it does go, that GZ could face life or even death.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

1. I'm pretty sure they didn't find any evidence of racial profiling.

2. They will attempt a charge of civil rights violation. There is hardly any ground to stand on for this, I think.

3. No. American's will not do anything. The fear of being called a racist is too scary for most.

Me personally? I'll be staging protests if George is brought up on federal charges. That's just undermining the states justice system for political gain. That's an absolute abuse of power and complete bull#. May as well tell those six women jurors that all their hard work during the deliberation was all for naught. They just wasted their time.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The media has hyped-up this case since the beginning. The government has no business overstepping a judgement that didn't have a chance to be proven either way in the first place. The media is all about making money and projecting race into this case has attracted a lot of viewers.

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Where is the DOJ concerning all the deaths threats people are posting online?

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Will Amercains Stand Up If The DOJ Goes After George Zimmerman

Probably not.
For one, most people seem threadbare on this Zimmerman/Martin story already.
Secondly... many people have already figured that the current administration is waist deep in this anyway; while the world burns, the stomach churns with a government that spends its time spying on its own people and taking sides in court cases.

*sigh* Besides that, there's little chance that anyone in the White House or Capitol Hill would give a flying rat's ass what we just think or even dare to say. My guess is that most folks are already hiding under their couch cushions.

Just an opinion...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'll stand with the government and support them 100% ... the jurors might have found Zimmerman not guilty. But that doesn't mean he's not responsible for the death of an unarmed kid.

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The less you watch the stupid news the better of you will be. Zimmerman was found not guilty by a jury in the USA. GAME OVER. Sharpton and others can go fly a kite.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Americans will never stand up as long as the TV is on,there is food in the fridge and Mcdonalds still serves dollar cheeseburgers,wishful thinking but the revolution will never happen here.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I'll stand with the government and support them 100% ... the jurors might have found Zimmerman not guilty. But that doesn't mean he's not responsible for the death of an unarmed kid.

No one said that he wasn't responsible. Oh well, it's like talking to a wall at times.

You see, you can't keep bring up the same charges over and over again until you get the verdict YOU want. It doesn't work like that. But I'm sure this idiotic, amatuerish admin will still try it...because it fits their agenda.

Keep bangin that head against the wall.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WormwoodSquirm
The less you watch the stupid news the better of you will be. Zimmerman was found not guilty by a jury in the USA. GAME OVER. Sharpton and others can go fly a kite.

I'd prefer that they jump off a bridge. They are causing more problems rather than trying to help solve them. All in the efforts to line their pockets at others expense.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

What could they possibly charge him with? These are the Federal civil rights crimes:

§ 241. Conspiracy against rights
§ 242. Deprivation of rights under color of law
§ 243. Exclusion of jurors on account of race or color
§ 244. Discrimination against person wearing uniform of armed forces
§ 245. Federally protected activities
§ 246. Deprivation of relief benefits
§ 247. Damage to religious property; obstruction of persons in the free exercise of religious beliefs
§ 248. Freedom of access to clinic entrances
§ 249. Hate crime acts

Zimmerman acted alone, so conspiracy is out. He wasn't acting under color of law, so 242 is out. Sections 243 and 244 are obviously out. Section 245 applies to things like schools, juries, voting, public accommodations, and common carriers, and none of those are at issue here. Trayvon Martin wasn't deprived of Federally-authorized work relief. His religious property and free exercise are not at issue. He wasn't trying to enter an abortion clinic. Section 249 doesn't apply because Trayvon Martin wasn't crossing a state line or international border at the time of the altercation.

Edit: Whoops, I'm wrong about 249. The state line/border limitation doesn't apply to race. It only applies to "religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability." I guess some civil rights are more important than others.
edit on 14-7-2013 by FurvusRexCaeli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

3. If The DOJ does pursue these type charges, will Americans raise up and raise hell like the Martin supporters?

Are "the Martin supporters" not Americans?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Where is the DOJ concerning all the deaths threats people are posting online?

Peace

This here. People had no business saying the things they said.

edit on 14-7-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

Good post. That's puts it in perspective.

But I wonder if they have a general charge for civil rights or just because. Kind of like the Uniform Code of Military Justice has article 134.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

As I added to my previous post, I misread section 249. The hate crimes section applies to race crimes anywhere and everywhere, as long as the FedGov decides the state's verdict did not serve the interests of justice.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot

1. I'm pretty sure they didn't find any evidence of racial profiling.

2. They will attempt a charge of civil rights violation. There is hardly any ground to stand on for this, I think.

3. No. American's will not do anything. The fear of being called a racist is too scary for most.

Me personally? I'll be staging protests if George is brought up on federal charges. That's just undermining the states justice system for political gain. That's an absolute abuse of power and complete bull#. May as well tell those six women jurors that all their hard work during the deliberation was all for naught. They just wasted their time.

1. that's what i thought.
2. i'm thinking the same. but i do believe at the federal level the deck is stacked just a bit more than the state.
3. this i'm not so sure, more and more people are seeing the corruption that is going on. i see it as more than just race, that's just a cover.

just for a example, my folks both in their seventies, for as long as i can remember have always been, well the government said this or the government that and believed every word that came out, hardly ever questioned any thing.

when i would say something about issues, they would say the government would do that.
but about 2007 their views started changing, and they see more and more wrong. although they can't quite put their finger on as a whole. i also hear more and more people expressing the same sort sentiment, and people are growing tired of it.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorDisco

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

Are "the Martin supporters" not Americans?

Stop Being Ignorant?/Deny Ignorance

you know exactly what i mean, and quit trying to spin it into something it's not.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

What could they possibly charge him with? These are the Federal civil rights crimes:

§ 241. Conspiracy against rights
§ 242. Deprivation of rights under color of law
§ 243. Exclusion of jurors on account of race or color
§ 244. Discrimination against person wearing uniform of armed forces
§ 245. Federally protected activities
§ 246. Deprivation of relief benefits
§ 247. Damage to religious property; obstruction of persons in the free exercise of religious beliefs
§ 248. Freedom of access to clinic entrances
§ 249. Hate crime acts

Zimmerman acted alone, so conspiracy is out. He wasn't acting under color of law, so 242 is out. Sections 243 and 244 are obviously out. Section 245 applies to things like schools, juries, voting, public accommodations, and common carriers, and none of those are at issue here. Trayvon Martin wasn't deprived of Federally-authorized work relief. His religious property and free exercise are not at issue. He wasn't trying to enter an abortion clinic. Section 249 doesn't apply because Trayvon Martin wasn't crossing a state line or international border at the time of the altercation.

Edit: Whoops, I'm wrong about 249. The state line/border limitation doesn't apply to race. It only applies to "religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability." I guess some civil rights are more important than others.
edit on 14-7-2013 by FurvusRexCaeli because: (no reason given)

see this is some of what i want to know. good post.
but like i said to another member, as far as the federal gov , i think the deck is stacked just a little more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join