It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious question to all members.......

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
I didn't want any particular opinion, I wanted to see what support levels are out there. I myself hope our men are safe and at the same time hope that the civilians are safe as well. We live in an imperfect world and I know that.

Sorry, i thought thats exactly what you asked for? World opinion.

The support levels have got to be with the coalition. Like myself, there are a lot of people on here with sons/ daughters over there right now.

I just want it all to end so the forces get home safe and sound.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Contradiction is a sure sign of ignorance when one cannot keep his thoughts straight let alone his ramblings on a keyboard. This is nothing but a fight thread. Please, everyone, do not feed the childish ego that feels rewarded when people argue and disagree with his ideas or views on insurgents,baby killing and the US military.

The US will win through technology, tactics and desire to win and to come home. I feel empathy for the residents that are still in Fallujah, but I would choose a 23 y/o spec ops farmboy from Iowa to live over ANYONE else in that city, man, woman or child. I am an American, not an Iraqi.

www.defendamerica.mil...

there you go, go fight for their freedom.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by esdad71]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Your quote:

"Opinions are like.......

Contradiction is a sure sign of ignorance when one cannot keep his thoughts straight let alone his ramblings on a keyboard. This is nothing but a fight thread. Please, everyone, do not feed the childish ego that feels rewarded when people argue and disagree with his ideas or views on insurgents,baby killing and the US military.

The US will win through technology, tactics and desire to win and to come home. I feel empathy for the residents that are still in Fallujah, but I would choose a 23 y/o spec ops farmboy from Iowa to live over ANYONE else in that city, man, woman or child. I am an American, not an Iraqi. "

My Answer:
if this is only a fight thread then why are you posting?

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I for one hope we win this battle. One thing you have to remember, if you are an American, just because you might not agree with everything our administration does, doesn't mean you shouldn't support our troops. Our troops have gone into battle for centuries, fighting battles they did not agree with, but they did it because they took an oath to put their lives on the line to defend ours. They deserve our respect and support no matter what cause they are fighting for. If you are against what is happening, you should oppose our administration, not our troops.

[edit on 11/9/04 by dalepmay]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrdependable
I hope the US wins this fight. In fact they must win at all costs. However this move was telegraphed well in advance so most of the terrorists are long gone and will set up shop in another city. I find it mind boggling how the military planners for the US are so just plain dumb.

They're not dumb. They telegraph these moves so civilians can get out so leftwing nutjobs can't cry foul and gripe about civilian casualties....

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

from GrndLkNatv
Now keep trying but realize you will fail. I set the tone, you cannot change that, you don't have the power nor intellect to do so.

Seems like you are no longer setting the tone if you are asking questions of me. I have the intellect, and my country has the power. You are not smart enough to play devils advocate, so please stop. It is sad to watch.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by esdad71]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
What kind of question is this. You are just tring to start a fight.

Or point fishing. This topic has been covered in numerous flavors over the passing months. It may not have discussed this city specifically; but the topic of America's soldiers in Iraq has been hashed out.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I don't believe there is any question that the 'battle' can be won by American Forces, the question is can we win the peace?

If we [the administration] doesn't work towards and gradually win the hearts and minds of Iraqis that this is THEIR nation [NOT the US's nation] and it is up to them to come up with a working government and society this occupation of Iraq will NEVER END. PERIOD.

They have started embedding Arab reporters with troops. Perhaps the blindness of the Administration is easing. They may realise they have to think of Iraqis as actual people and make the effort to reach out to them.
In the end it IS up to the Iraqis. It is and will be their nation state. The government will have to be one that reflects them and their [diverse] views.

Now if instead of using allocated funds for profiteering by Haliburton and Bechtel, they start using/employing Iraqis it could go a long way towards engaging Iraqis in their own economy and government.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It doesn't matter who you want to win. America WILL win of course. From what I'm seeing so far resistance is minimal and civilian casualties are far and few.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I want the Coalition to "win" in Falluja and Iraq because the thought otherwise is that despite any other crap people want to claim thier best chance of restoration and rebuilding is a coalition Victory.

Bush and his corporate cronies will be getting what they want. Sucks but so be it. At least the Iraqis will get re-construction and some form of stability out of it (if they can crush the hardliners), because its too late to leave that prick Saddam in to impose it.

Forget the good old insurgent winning. It will be the hardliners and fanatics calling the shots and the average Iraqi will get Nada.Zip. out of it.

The Best the Iraqis can look forward to if the Coalition beats a retreat and abandons the interim or elected government is a extremist state based on the doctrine of the likes of the Madhist or AQ leadership, exporting what they see as a successful brand of terrorism.

The worst being Iraq fracturing into a collection of warlord and religious zealot controlled fifedoms and territories.

So yeah, I want the coalition to "win" rather than writing off the country and the people because the war's not "pure" enough for some people out there.

Oh and I don't see the question as dopey......Its direct to the point and doesnt use politically correct neutral terms.....Its not a "yer either a fore or agin us question. Its honest.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by craigandrew]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join