It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smartest man on this earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Here are some net said things about him:

Here is a partial list of William James Sidis' extraordinary capabilities and accomplishments:

1.) Given IQ is a purely anthropocentric means of assessing intelligence, Sidis' IQ is crudely estimated at 250-300.
2.) Infant Billy listened to Greek myths read to him by Sarah as bedtime stories.
3.) Started feeding himself with a spoon at eight months (after two months of trial and error).
4.) Cajoled by her Mom, Billy learned to pronounce alphabetic syllables from blocks hanging in his crib.
5.) At six months, Billy said, "Door." A couple months later he told Mom he liked things, doors and people, that move.
6.) At seven months he pointed to Earth's moon and called it, "moon." He wanted a 'moon' of his own.
7.) Mastered higher mathematics and planetary revolutions by age 11.
8.) Learned to spell efficiently by one year old.
9.) Started reading The New York Times at 18 months.
10.) Started typing at three. Used his high chair to reach a typewriter. First composed letter was an order for toys from Macy's.
11.) Read Caesar's Gallic Wars, in Latin (self-taught), as a birthday present to his Father in Billy's fourth year.
12.) Learned Greek alphabet and read Homer in Greek in his fourth year.
13.) Learned Aristotelian logic in his sixth year.
14.) At six, Billy learned Russian, French, German, and Hebrew...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Although not a man, Marilyn VosSavant with an IQ of 228 is the current 'Reigning Universal Genius' that is currently living.

Emanuel Swedenborg Highest Universal male genius recorded in recent history was(He is deceased) at 205.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe was recorded(translated figures to modern measures against the archiac ones...) to be at 210

Bobby Fischer at 187

Albert Einstein was recorded at 160.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Once again people are getting intelligence confused with written examinations.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
IQ test are simply a measure of problem solving, "critical thinking" ability, and pattern recognition. Some people are just naturally good test takers. This does not mean they will ever develop a single original idea or are creative thinkers.

My IQ would be somewhere around 616 if such a test which could measure even an infintesimal slice of my genius did exist.

I have been known to calcuate triple integrals of certain functions in my sleep. I am not kidding. I actually learned to speak japanese so fast, that I had forgotten most of it BEFORE I learned it. This is a perfect example of time travel, the mechanisms of which I am on the verge of deriving.

I am willing to share some of my knowledge for a modest fee, however, your ability to interpret my discoveries is limited by the Heiseberg Uncertaintity principle. I can convey to you a technique to enhance your understanding for a small fee, however I cannot guarantee the results because of the second law of Thermodynamics.

Please contact privately for more details if you are interested...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think there are some erroneous figures and facts being quoted here. Einstein never took an IQ test, according to the many biographical pages I've read in the past.
The 'Cattel B' IQ test, favoured by MENSA has a maximum score of 161, so I'm not sure where some of these figures are coming from. Anyone quoting these figures care to share their sources?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Albert Einstein? He would have been 5 in 1884....

Albert Einstein...

It was uncle albert. It was Leon Breitling that put Albert onto the study of time. In his later years he gave Leon Breitling credit for doing such.

Yay, I got it right...Do I get a prize?

[edit on 10-11-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
There is no way yet of fully measuring intelligence. We have IQ, EQ and some other different ones. But is there a measure for creativity or intuition??? I don't think so.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
As for testing intuition there are black and white cards and you have to "feel" which card it is.

50/50 would be no intuition.

I've got about 65 out of 100.

Originally posted by TheBandit795
There is no way yet of fully measuring intelligence. We have IQ, EQ and some other different ones. But is there a measure for creativity or intuition??? I don't think so.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
What about Musical, or Artistic genius? I've always been kind of against the whole idea of the IQ number as some kind of barometer of worth. Guess that's why I never joined Mensa...(though I do try and pick up their puzzle books when I find them....good bathroom reading
) If I want to talk to fellow geeks I can just come here
I'd bet the average IQ of ATS is pretty damn high...

While intelligence is an admirable attribute, it does not define greatness. I'd wager that many of the most admirable figures in history wouldn't score very well on an IQ test, but that doesn't diminish their importance nor impact.

My IQ would be somewhere around 616 if such a test which could measure even an infintesimal slice of my genius did exist.

Whoa! make sure you fit through the door just right!
(kidding)

[edit on 11-11-2004 by Gazrok]

[edit on 12-11-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
i think an iq test is pretty acurate, probably the best thing we have. it measures your ability pick up on patterns an teach yourself from the information given. that's not all there is to intelligence, but most of it boils down to that. just think when someone is smart, all they did was pick up on something faster than other people, or if a baby is smart all they did was learn to talk earlier than most. i totaly agree there is other types of genius (musical, spacial relation...) but even those can relate to the things an iq tests for in some way.

i'm pretty sure einstein was very good at spacial relations which is why he was able to put relativity together and not be very good at math. schrodinger said "physics is to much hard to physicists.'' i love that line, i think he was saying you have to be able to take everything into acount, not just math, to be able to solve problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join