It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smartest man on this earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Is it still Stephen Hawking the smartest person in the world.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
nothing is left of him to be smart. poor guy is dieing slowly

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I would imagine so, he is probably the smartest living man on earth. Here is some trivia for one who is no longer living. This man road the train to the worlds fair in 1884, he was then 5 years old, with Leon Breitling who created the Breitling watch company. Along the way the young gent who later became one of the smartest people to ever inhabit this planet developed a keen interest in watches and figured out how the movements worked and was also shared the secrets that Leon Breitling was going to patent. Who was this man?

[edit on 9-11-2004 by GrndLkNatv]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
GrndLkNatv

I admire ur knowledge grndlk. I liked the thread u pulled for brutally damaging the 12 years old kid.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Just want people here to know what is going on. In the sterile environment we live in here in the states these days, 99% percent of the population have no clue what war is. On the other hand my father was in WWII, Korea and Vietnam and has more than prepared me for what it is. I love my country, but I abhor war.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hawking's connections with cosmic reality are the ONLY connections he can make; the rest of his body is practically destroyed by disease.

His problem of course is expressing what he knows to the rest of us. His means for communication are much more limited than his knowledge.

But, what is intelligence anyway? "Out of the mouths of babes ..." come great wisdom at times. Where'd it come from?

A person can watch and listen to a Fox News Show and discern and describe the information that is missing from their reports. There is more news INBETWEEN THEIR LINES than there is ON THEIR SPOKEN LINES. How does one do this--interpolate what is missing? This is a form of intelligence.

What people are learning by this whole exercise in Elitist Top-Down Regulatory Tyranny at this time is, "how to read between the lines."

And that's a useful lesson also.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by gtmo

I saw a documentary about Stephen Hawking that said that there are smarter people in his field of expertise- but he became famous for the fact that he was in the situation he is in.

He was even in an episode of "the Simpsons" being the smartest man on earth.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Who is he and what so smart did he do?

I believe thare were and are lots and lots of wise / smart people around, only they aren't showing their knowlege on every corner. Omar Khayyam, Avicenna, etc, etc.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

This man road the train to the worlds fair in 1884, he was then 5 years old, with Leon Breitling who created the Breitling watch company. Along the way the young gent who later became one of the smartest people to ever inhabit this planet developed a keen interest in watches and figured out how the movements worked and was also shared the secrets that Leon Breitling was going to patent. Who was this man?

Albert Einstein? He would have been 5 in 1884....

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I guess it depends on the classification of "smartest", but NASA seems to be interested enough!

NASA scientists study 'Rain Man'

mc2 = E

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Here is some trivia for one who is no longer living. This man road the train to the worlds fair in 1884, he was then 5 years old, with Leon Breitling who created the Breitling watch company. Along the way the young gent who later became one of the smartest people to ever inhabit this planet developed a keen interest in watches and figured out how the movements worked and was also shared the secrets that Leon Breitling was going to patent. Who was this man?

so what's the answer, I need to know, it's consuming my life.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Nikola Tesla probably. Smarter than Einstein for sure.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It was uncle albert. It was Leon Breitling that put Albert onto the study of time. In his later years he gave Leon Breitling credit for doing such.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Syntaxer, you read my mind. They say Kim Peek is a genius in fourteen different categories including being a human calculator and memorizing over 7000 books.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It is really useless to try and figure out the smartest man or woman in the world. We all have aspects that are exceptional, in their own way. If you are broken down on the highway and an uneducated, mullet-wearing, tobacco-chewing redneck stops to help and finds the problem in a few minutes and sends you on your way, that man is smarter than a truckload of Kim Peeks or Stephen Hawkings.

I am working with a girl now who has been considered profoundly retarded for all her seventeen years. She is beginning to show abilities that make most of the people who work with her and who possess advanced degrees look retarded.

I wouldn't trust her with small children, but she can perform memory functions that put many of us to shame and her full potential is yet to be seen.

The smartest in the world are those who commit their lives to something worthwhile and diligently pursue that commitment throughout their lifetimes. Even the smallest contributions to the betterment of mankind reverberate throughout eternity.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well if you use IQ as the measure of the worlds smartest man I think Stephen Hawking is the man. His IQ was tested at what 280. The average humans IQ is somewhere around a 100. You need atleast 132 to join Mensa or have an IQ in the top 2%.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
On the other side, I believe that we all know who is the most smartest, wisest, bravest, etc. man ( or woman ) on this world.

Hope you understand what I mean.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   

My name isnt Stephen Hawking.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It is really useless to try and figure out the smartest man or woman in the world. We all have aspects that are exceptional, in their own way. If you are broken down on the highway and an uneducated, mullet-wearing, tobacco-chewing redneck stops to help and finds the problem in a few minutes and sends you on your way, that man is smarter than a truckload of Kim Peeks or Stephen Hawkings.

I am working with a girl now who has been considered profoundly retarded for all her seventeen years. She is beginning to show abilities that make most of the people who work with her and who possess advanced degrees look retarded.

I wouldn't trust her with small children, but she can perform memory functions that put many of us to shame and her full potential is yet to be seen.

The smartest in the world are those who commit their lives to something worthwhile and diligently pursue that commitment throughout their lifetimes. Even the smallest contributions to the betterment of mankind reverberate throughout eternity.

awesome statement GradyPhilpott!!! You could not be more correct!

lol "mullet wearing" it's amazing how first impressions and physical appearance delute ones thinking of intelligence.

I think Stephen Hawking is a perfect example of this. If you didn't know any better someone would think him just another "tard". putting it bluntly

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
William James Sidis was the smartest man that ever lived. Google him, there are some amazing stories about him on the net. If half of them are true he is still the smartest man to grace this planet.

But my true opinion of the smartest person on this planet is the first person to create fire!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join