It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting volcanic plug sticking up above a crater. Maybe its a rock.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I found this 'lunar volcanic plug' on the edge of a crater in AS16-P-4095 There are number of interesting things in this image but I thought I would say that this one is a volcanic plug before anyone else came to say that.I have marked it with yellow arrows just so there is no mistaking it.

Feel free to suggest any other explanation.
Normally, I would give it some other interpretation, but this time I will try hard to make it "just a piece of rock." See what you think.

Dont ask me where it is, cos I cant find it again. I will have a look so that I can mark it this time.
I divided the medium 189Mb image into 12 sections and even those are large.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Dude, you have waaay to much time on your hands.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I am all for cool Moon pics with odd anomalies but I really do not see anything in this image. I definitely do not see a "plug" at all.

I'm not sure if your trying to troll...

edit on 7/14/2013 by mcx1942 because: typo

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Volcanic plug? Err... You may want to read up on crater formation (and look at like... the Moon). The center of a crater is often lifted up. Same thing that happen when an object hit water - it punch through the surface... and it goes back up again.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
OP , it seems this same sculpture also exists on Earth as well.

Earth Version of Volcanic plug.

I do wonder if the moon was once a part of life and a part of the natural life cycle of the earth at one point in a symbiotic relationship between thousands of miles of space.

All in all I thank you OP for looking around for us at these imagery, and finding anomalies within millions of photos.

After all , If you are not going to share anomalous imagery of the moon and mars, than who will? Kudos to you.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Ok, well as I said, I was describing this as a volcanic plug ONLY because that is probably what the sciency-types would want todescribe it as. I personally do not think it is one of those and I think it is probably something more unusual.

Here is the context for this. It is on the left side of the middle crater shown in that panorama image AS16-P-4095-FULL. I have included the base line for the huge image to show height position.

I actually think it is some kind of statue because it is in the centre of cleared ground on the edge of a crater.

BUT I am looking to others to tell me what they think it is, since it is probably not just a rock. Those with off-pat answers dont often comment if there is nothing they can attribute an anomaly to.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well, the moon is thought to have been volcanic for the first billion years or so, and some of the craters were indeed volcanoes at one point, so I guess it is possible.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Kinda reminds me of the these "towers".

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Yeah, I thought so. If the government-paid cannot easily say it is a rock, then they dont bother to comment because it backs them into a corner they cannot easily get out of.

Oh well, if it is not a volcano plug, because it is in the wrong place, it is probably caused by harsh weathering. :-)

top topics

join