It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you care about Martin or Zimmerman?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

There has been a few cases that I have come across of people being arrested for nothing more than "trolling" on social networks, at least one of them was in the UK. The general public it seems, agree they should have been arrested and charged....... Sad as hell.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

It did kind of seem like that, like a sporting event, which to me is sick. These are people's lives at stake here, it's like modern day form of gladiators.....

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Originally posted by TKDRL
Why are so many people so emotionally invested in this case?

Racism and Compassion.

The racism is self-explanatory.

As for the compassion, whether the person is for "Martin" or "Zimmerman" they may be feeling what it is like to be in someone's shoes who is being lied about in the media.

So, they think the information is not accurate about "Martin" and the want justice (jail time), or they feel like the information about Zimmerman is not accurate and they want justice (letting him go).

We know about the phone calls (the police and Martin's girlfriend), who attacked who first is unknown and just speculation and most will be swayed of what they believe by emotion (their own personal experiences and views on things).

Now that this thing is over, people can find another drama to be emotional about.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I truly do care in the slightest.It seemed pretty clear cut to me.Guy joins the neighborhood watch looking for a chance to show his family and neighbors whatta bad-ass he supposedly is.His desire to prove his manhood got a kid killed.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Unless it gets dragged into the federal courts, then the drama will likely continue and even escalate

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Thanks for the contribution.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
it's similar to the oj simpson case, in that it is a black vs. other case. i say other because hispanic people are not just white, they are also black, with a smidgen of far eastern. during the oj case, while everyone else thought he was guilty, i was pretty much convinced he had been framed. many wanted him to be found guilty because he had abused his wife so many times, not because he might've been or might not have been guilty of murder. others wanted him to be found guilty because he was rich and famous. you don't convict people of murder if they didn't murder. this is common sense.

i haven't personally learned enough about the zimmerman vs. trayvon case, only that it has the same black vs. other, criteria. when the movers and shakers decide to make a case like this into a national issue, you can bet their rationale is going to have an impetus other than whether trayvon or zimmerman were right or wrong in their behaviors, just as many didn't care if oj murdered his wife or not, they just wanted him to suffer because he had caused suffering in the past. that is what i think is happening with this case. people who have suffered or who have heard of suffering, caused by anyone that even remotely resembles the 2 gentlemen in the case, want to see justice based on the same premise as the "oj is guilty" people.

edit on 15-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
emotions sure are a petty and dangerous thing, i don't doubt that whether zimmerman was guilty or not, in the end he's guilty because people demand so, the truth doesn't matter to mobs, they just desire a scapegoat to vent their anger, frustration and helplessness on and he's the convenient target.

i'm sure most who are protesting this are halfheartedly informed and merely following the mob of emotional people who take what's seen on the surface and run with it, they try putting themselves in other peoples shoes and impose their own conflicted emotions and thoughts on what they think happened in the situation. you can try to put yourself in another person's shoes but your feet aren't theirs, walking a million miles in those shoes won't change that fact, in the end you'll never understand beyond your own experience regardless of words or recordings of another.

personally i could care less about zimmerman or martin except for the fact that the justice department is about to overstep their authority and abuse loopholes in the laws to exact double jeopardy on an american citizen to appease the mob the media created, democracy(or appeasement of emotional mobs as i call it) at it's finest. destroying this country bit by bit by their own hands yet pushing all the blame on others and creating explosive situations that makes them easy to exploit, assuring their own destruction in the end.

we are truly starting to resemble the roman republic before their second civil war and the eventual stratocratic autocracy taking over, quit being dragged along while the future empire gets closer people, open your eyes before your blindness costs you all you have, investing your emotions in another persons life will only destroy you.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

It is kind of scary. Anyone could be targeted by the media, and have a mob after them. The mob wants their blood, and people want to see him hung one way or another. I am just thankful that I didn't make national media, or I might have to be looking over my shoulder even now, fearing the mob that still wants my blood.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by namehere

It has always been divide and conquer, only in our case we are already divided on so many fronts, all they really have to do is keep those divisions. Keep the races hating and fearing each other, keep the religions hating and fearing each other; All the while hiding themselves, the people that pitted us against each other in the first place.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I don't... I'm just here for the beer.

*sips from the beer*

I knew from the beginning how the show was going to end.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I care because it speaks to a very dangerous precedent taking place in our country at this time concerning what the prosecutors brought out during the trial. That key word is "ASSUMPTION." Suppose for a moment that we could replace Trayvon with another person (whom we know likes to wear hoodies) who just happen to be running to a corner restaurant to get some clam chowda and was headed back to wear he was staying. Mr. Z happens to see him running with something suspicious in his hands and decides to check it out (better known as stalking) B sees this creepy guy following him and stops to confront him (because you and I both know that you are going to respond in one of two ways: fight or flight).
B tells Z to back off. Z doesn't comply so B hits Z with a forearm shiver to the face. Z falls on the ground fearing for his life and shoots B ( who happens to be a famous person). Now, what would the outcome of that trial be?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Yule C Mann

If it was the same exact evidence, I would hope it would come out with the same verdict. The prosecution did not prove the narrative they were suggesting, not by a long shot.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

So the defences narrative of Trayvon supposedly being a drugged out fifth Dan blackbelt, whom bashed Mr. Z's head with a broken off piece of concrete sidewalk works for you huh!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Yule C Mann

Apparently, you and I watched two very different trials. Thanks for participating though.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

field-negro.blogspot.com...

The young man under that police tarp in the picture is Trayvon Martin. He was laying there with a bullet in the middle of his heart because someone decided to ignore an official warning and pursue him in a place that he had every right to be in.

And now, sadly, that man is free.

Of course we are hearing from his attorneys that he shouldn't have been arrested in the first place. They claim that the only reason he was arrested is because he was white and the young victim was black.

That, of course, is preposterous.

Imagine for a minute that another African American male had shot Trayvon Martin. Do you really think that he would not have been immediately hand cuffed and arrested when the police came on the scene? Do you think that he would have been allowed to just walk into the police station and shoot the breeze with police officers like George Zimmerman did? Do you think the crime scene would have been compromised and the police department would have refused to arrest him as was the case with George Zimmerman?

When we first learned of the death of Trayvon Martin and the circumstances surrounding it, we were shocked and appalled to learn that there had not been at least an arrest in the case.

RE: False portrayal of Martin as a "thug" and eagerly swallowed by those dancing on his grave : www.snopes.com...

Trayvon Martin
Claim: Photographs document 17-year-old shooting victim Trayvon Martin was a muscular, 6'2" man.
www.snopes.com...

FALSE

The kicker? The photo on the right was of a different Trayvon Martin. One that was still alive and in no way related to the deceased.

[snipped]

The medical examiner's report on the death of Trayvon Martin indicated that the deceased was actually 5'11" and weighed 158 lbs., and he had two tattoos, none of which was on his face, neck, or the back of his hands (one was on his right arm and the other on his left wrist).

As far as we know the following is the last pre-mortem photograph of Trayvon Martin (shown standing on the far right), a picture taken as he posed with family members gathered for his mother's birthday nine days before he was shot and killed:

field-negro.blogspot.com...

Congratulations Mr. Zimmerman, you are a free man.
You can no longer be tried for the murder of Trayvon Martin.

You can start the rest of YOUR life now.
Find a good agent and accountant because things could get interesting for you from here on out.
There will be book deals, movie scripts, speaking tours, and no doubt a guest hosting spot on FOX news.

Blacks are understandably outraged, but it’s not surprising that a jury of mostly white Floridians decided to set him free. To them, Trayvon Martin is not like their children; his life was deemed less valuable. As a young African American male he fits into a stereotype that was placed firmly in their minds years ago. It’s unavoidable when you live in America. Besides, the thinking goes, aren’t thousands of young African American males murdered and senselessly killed every year by other young African American men?

To the jurors and some people in America, George Zimmerman’s actions on that rainy winter night was justifiable. They would have done the same thing. It was a jury of his peers. It was not a jury of Trayvon Martin’s peers.
People will argue that the prosecution did a poor job, and that their hearts were never in it. While I agree that they could have done a better job, it didn’t really matter how well they prosecuted their case; they were fighting an uphill battle from the very start.

ROFL there seems to be an ever increasing desire to just flush the whole matter down the memory hole
by some, no doubt the same ones who claim that racism doesn't exist anymore

edit on Tue Jul 16 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Howard beach was ruled by John Gotti. If you speak to residents even now ,they loved when he lived there ,as the neighborhood was always,safe.
Any mafia neighborhood is like that in nyc btw. Mafia living there,no one dares mess in their pond.
Little Italy in Manhattan ,has had no crime for something like 90 years .

In any case,this was a true case of racial hate ,and these three kids,got off on the major charges . One got off Scott free . The details of them being mob kids,of course was never touched upon publically .
I had started my first job on an ambulance ,when the trial finished .
Part of my area,was Howard beach.
The night the verdict was announced ,there were white limousines ,with black tinted windows ,patrolling all over the neighborhood .
All gotti soldiers on patrol .

That ,was real ....Zimmerman ,is media nonsense .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Racism Comes Home: The Howard Beach Case

On Dec. 20, 1986, racial tension in Howard Beach exploded into headlines when a gang of white youths brutally beat three black men who had stumbled into the neighborhood, chasing one of the three to his death when he was hit by a car crossing the Shore Parkway.

The case immediately went nartional,and
dominated the news in New York City.

The three black men — Cedric Sandiford, 36, Timothy Grimes, 20, and Michael Griffith, 23 — were driving through the almost entirely white community of Howard Beach when their car broke down.

Finding themselves stuck in the neighborhood, they were first confronted by some white passersby who shouted racial epithets and warned them to leave their turf. But they were stuck and they were hungry, so they decided to eat at a local pizza parlor. When they walked outside, a gang of more than 10 whites were waiting for them – with baseball bats.

Continued here :

www.queenstribune.com...
edit on 7/15/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jul 16 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX TAGS IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I've made it a point to try opening some eyes, and making others understand that, by giving this non-issue so much emotional attention, you're playing yourself. Its media hype, designed to distract & divide the people, while the powers have more important things going on.

Oddly, every time I post about this, I get my posts removed.

Racism is a hot seat, just like religion or terrorism.

The holocaust is an emotional hot button. Just like 9/11.

Once emotions that carry such weight as those two events comes to light, the brain stops and the emotions sky-rocket. This is a psychological attack.

The Zimmerman crap isn't a major issue like the holocaust or 9/11, but its a lesser example of a similar tactic.

All people want something to be passionate about, but without the burden of critical cognitive thought attached.

So, they absorb the media stories, and allow themselves to become emotional over whatever the television tells them to. That's why people care about this unimportant event.

Yes, it sucks that someone died... but people die all the time, and weather Zimmerman is guilty or not, he is a single person, and because of this case, his life is ruined.

I have yet to see any of the rich or powerful war-mongers and international murderers stand trial for their crimes.

Oh... that's because only regular citizens can commit crimes.

Not the rich and powerful.

Silly me... I forgot.

A crime is only a crime if committed by someone who didn't write the law they broke.

My take is this;

Get over it.

Go find REAL problems and get them some attention.

If GMOs, vaccines and war crimes got HALF the publicity this Zimmerman bs got, we might get somewhere...

EDIT; Also, I think its important to mention that crime is on the rise... including in my home town, Knoxville. As mentioned in this thread, crime is on the rise... maybe those threats to murder and riot are coming through?

Divide & conquer.

Looks like the elite are winning this round...

edit on 15-7-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I don't watch the TV nor listen to the radio, but looking at various forums, all I am seeing is talk about Zimmerman. I Don't really care about it nor am I paying attention to it, because it is a distraction fed by the Propaganda Machine to keep our eyes focused on BS that has no relevance to what is important in this country.

The Government - Banking - Corporate Fascists Criminals say, look over there at Zimmerman!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I can't believe I fell for it myself, a lot of us seem to have fell for it. ATS is supposed to be intelligent, or at least it used to be. Now it is a whole lot of MSM parroting. Alternative news is not alternative. Etc etc.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join