It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you care about Martin or Zimmerman?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

For me, I hope to god he is just ignorant and blind, and does not know what he is doing to this country. I hope he is just a puppet, if not, he is pure evil.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That is another aspect, the MSM made it seem like what happened was out of the ordinary. He was only not arrested because it was a worthless black kid killed. It's not the case at all, either the MSM was ignorant of the law in florida, or they purposely pushed a lie to fit a disgusting agenda.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Most people care about right and wrong (as they perceive it through their own eyes). So once they are made aware of a conflict, they want to see good prevail and evil punished.

There were so many things that people could relate to in this case, either the people involved or the scenario of how and why the conflict began in the first place (being chased in the dark by an unknown stranger). As a woman, I could definitely relate to being in a similar situation and had hoped that the rest of society would feel Zimmerman's behavior was threatening and unacceptable.

I personally found the case very educational on both a legal and social level. I learned that Florida's laws are filled with loopholes that encourage and protect corrupt behavior. As long as you clean up any loose ends and make sure your victim dies before police arrive, you can concoct a story and be free of punishment.

edit on 14-7-2013 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That's a pretty scary thought, and one that might lead to some good people doing things they might not otherwise do in a justified shooting.......

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Neither do I. I come here when I want news, this place has become a MSM outlet over the past few years

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

That really was not my intention. I honestly want to know why people were, or in some cases were not interested in it.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Do you not teach your kids it's wrong to attack people? If so, you think they aren't listening? By all means though, if you do not feel comfortable here, please do not come here. I would not be comfortable visiting juarez myself, so I simply will not go there. I respect that opinion as well. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

What do you think, that the president really is ignorant and cannot see what he is doing? Or that he is a sick evil bastard?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Do you think it is just the repetitive nature of the MSM, that makes it so powerful? Kinda hard for people to ignore, when a story is on everyday, all day..... Can't even escape it at places like this anymore

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

The whole reason most people have guns is because they do not wish to be a victim. Up here it is more about not wanting to be a victim of a wild animal more than people, but the sentiment is really the same. No one wishes to be a victim, even of a corrupt as hell court system.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

Sounds like a very interesting case to look up, thanks for mentioning it. I filed it away under things to look into when bored

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Wow, I think you hit a nail on the head. This case had all the making of a good VS bad story....... Thing is, depending on the story you believe, either one could have been the good guy or the bad guy. The people angry now, in their opinion, the bad guy got away with it........

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

That's some wonderful insight, thanks a lot for being so thorough and specific.

I too, was a lot like Martin when I was a teen to early 20's. Was a thug, and at the time was proud of it. I could have easily ended up dead or in jail, I am lucky to be alive. I reached a crossroad in my early 20's, and decided to pull a full 180, but I had a great oppertunity to do so. Had things gone differently that night, this very well could have been the same type of crossroad for Martin. Would he have taken it, or continued on the road to nowhere? Well, we will never know. It's a real sobering thought.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Hopefully they are nothing more than keyboard warrior morons. There are a lot of those, but how do you seperate the # talkers, from actual legitimate threats?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

I think that is the reason that he was called a kid and a child the whole time. I was a thug as early as 14. I know what kind of damage a teen is capable of, I caused lots, and seen lots more first hand. Question really is, is he a real gangsta, or a soft wannabe burbs gangsta that just ran his mouth. That question really was never answered, and that answer would have almost told us how it went down. Maybe. It's too bad no one witnessed the whole confrontation. Zimmerman could have very well grabbed his arm to start the whole mess, problem is, that they couldn't prove it.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Two reasons in my case:

1.) I hate seeing a person get railroaded in the media when there doesn't seem to be any good justification.

The media's portrayal was just completely unfair. Zimmerman was the bad dude ever since they started showing those pics of a 250 Zimmerman in an orange shirt next to a 13 year old baby faced Trayvon Martin. That image is stuck with people even now.

2.) I especially love ticking off irrational people.

People actually believe the b/s that Zimmerman ignored the dispatcher's warning. There's no evidence of that. People say Zimmerman was told to stay in his truck. That never happened. People still believe he hunted Trayvon down and shot him in cold blood, that never happened. People believe that Trayvon was pulling away when he was shot, there's no evidence of that. People believe Zimmerman caused the injuries to himself, there's no evidence of that. They believe all these things wholeheartedly but have no way to prove them, and despite that they want a conviction anyway. That is just sick.

They're just so pathetically grasping at anything they can to try to justify in their own minds why he's guilty because they can't find anything that sticks legally.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
i am with the who gives a crap about this group also. if it never got blown up by the news stations no one would of heard about it any ways. so why make a big deal out of a shooting? i just dont see the point of worrying over some people i didnt even know. its just pointless drama i dont want to hear about.

so i say, NEXT!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

I think I agree with you that a lot of irrational racists were emotionally involved in this case because legally getting away with murdering a minority is something they enjoy knowing can still happen.

Zimmerman claimed Trayvon jumped out of the bushes.. but there were no sign of any bushes.

Zimmerman claimed Trayvon was slamming his head in the concrete.. but there was no sign of any of Zimmerman's DNA anywhere on Trayvon's hands or underneath his nails, kind of weird right?' I'd imagine Trayvon would have had to have his fingers locked into Zimmerman's greasy hair to perform such an act.

Zimmerman claimed Trayvon was bashing his head in the concrete, yet Zimmerman never used his arms or hands to punch Trayvon or fight off Trayvon but used all of his energy to maneuver first getting his gun out of the holster and then getting his gun and arm in a position to shoot Trayvon directly in the chest, which seems totally impossible if he was being beaten in the way he claimed.

Nothing Zimmerman said was supported by any evidence. Not a single thing.

edit on 14-7-2013 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Personally I could care less about it.
There's murders, rapes, acts of racism, etc that happen every day all over the world.
You know why people care about this case so much? Because it was on tv.

Where are all these passionate people when everyone else is being murdered and raped?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by wingsfan

What do you think, that the president really is ignorant and cannot see what he is doing? Or that he is a sick evil bastard?

I'm saying him opening his mouth about public incidents certainly doesn't help anything. This wasn't the first time he brought himself into a racial issue where he didn't belong.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join