It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power of the Photograph

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
What makes Photographs so appealing?

Is it the fact that a precious moment of life was captured in a still frame, or that a previously unvisited story can be re-explored?

While I'm not really a picture-crazy kind of person, I do still acknowledge and appreciate the beauty in viewing an old photograph that holds meaning.

The visual queues provide plenty of ammunition for memory recall and feelings of nostalgia.

Just like the power of music, Photographs can affect your emotions and alter your mindset.

Many stories can be triggered and plenty of conversations can take place as a result.

(Photographs used from Visual News)
edit on 14/7/2013 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Tres cool!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Thats why they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

I agree in the nostalga of age old photographs. They tell allot about the people and a time forgotten.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
For me, the true art in the creation of a photograph lies not in the camera, but in the human eye. If you haven't heard of this woman already, check this out...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-7-2013 by meridie because: changing link - hope this works

(sorry for the lack of preview. I tried to embed and it wouldn't work, but I'm happy to admit it may be due to a spot of Sunday Stupidity on my side. The video is a news item on the discovery of the work of street photographer Vivian Maier. It really is mind-blowing. )
edit on 14-7-2013 by meridie because: no reason

join