It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Ghostland Tennessee’ Captures Spirit in Devil's Toy Box

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

Sorry but the show is more entertainment than serious ghost research.

I think that is the bottom line here, entertainment is there, and some interesting experience, but certainly not a "serious" science ghost show.
But that is ok too, as sometimes serious is boring and it is TV after all.
Boring shows die quick.

People are better off doing their own ghost investigations if they want to get serious about it, instead of watching TV.
edit on 14-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

I think that is the bottom line here, entertainment is there, and some interesting experience, but certainly not a "serious" science ghost show.
But that is ok too, as sometimes serious is boring and it is TV after all.
Boring shows die quick.

I suppose every person has different tastes.

For me though I actually enjoy the more serious ghost shows/documentaries.
There was one UK show filmed in the mid 90s called Ghosthunters en.wikipedia.org... and they did screen it on the Discovery channel a few years back, but that show was really fascinating and never boring, and it had input from academics and scientist too.
I wish someone would do another show that is similar to the UK "Ghosthunters show" as I find it much more engrossing than the new breed of "Entertainment Ghost shows"
But hey that's just me!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Good Lord it's Ducky Dynasty goes ghost hunting.
I assume there was only the pilot episode shot?
Being form Middle Tennessee myself there's a ton of ghost stories around here.
You mix in the bloody History, Indian massacres, feuds, battles etc.
Scot Irish settlers and and a lot of deep dark woods and your going to get a interesting mix of stories.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Like this one?

I'll have to watch that. I like the serious ones too.

I like them all!

As a side note to the episode Sled posted, my wife wants me to post that southern people tend to be lighthearted and she thinks it was a good show with a southern twang to it.

(she is from Texas)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Back in "the old days" (1800's), they'd cover all mirrors in a house when someone died. Most deaths, at least wakes, were held in the persons home. It's said that spirits could wonder into a mirror and get lost. Hence, the covering.

If this is true or not, I don't know. But that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw this box. I'll stick to photographic/video and EVP recordings for now. Even if this box did capture ghosts, why would you want to do that? Help them move on, not stick them in a box for amusement.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Like this one?

Yep that's the one (It's got quite a few episodes).......I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hey Sled, watch the vid I posted on Logical One's suggestion,
it has a penny dropping spirit!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I liked the fun aspect. I like the fresh approach. I do think they would benifit with a medium though. There are two sides of this. One being the family the other being the spirits or entiys.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I agree with you on this, however, if there is a medium involved a lot of people will dismiss it altogether as they do not believe in mediums. I am finding a lot of paranormal investigators don't believe in mediums, which is odd since they are investigating ghosts.

I would think a medium would be good at provoking a physical response from a spirit.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I live in Murfreesboro, TN and my husband and I use to go to graveyards in the wee hours ghost hunting. I really never thought I would see or hear anything until we came upon
1. Benevolence Cemetery on South Church Street
2. Beesley Cemetery on Beesley Road
3. Wartrace, TN (so much happened there)
I certainly hope the ghost hunters check out these 3 places out, they are very worthy and will not disappoint!!!

Benevolence Cemetery will make your hair stand on end. You get the feeling something is watching and following you as you walk around it, we heard a man's voice ask "are you there", this was around midnight. There are about 350 graves that have been pretty much abandon. We had to park at a factory and walk a ways to get in. There is a trail leading to it and around it. Benevolence

Beesley Cemetery...there is nothing more creepier than this place after midnight! We went there on several visits because something would always happen. One night we walked up between the abandon church and the graveyard about 2 AM we stood really still and we could hear something big running through the grass toward us. It would come up to us and run back to the woods - over and over, we grabbed a flashlight and in the dew on the grass you could see a path from the woods and it stopped right where we were standing. We could hear faint sounds of breathing and words. Some nights we could smell sulfur really strong. One night before we got out of the car, the car shook like something was rocking it, it even knocked my air freshener off the rear view mirror. Cutting this short but many other things happened there! Beesley

Wartrace, TN...just go there around 2 or 3 AM and drive around. There is a bridge with a lot of activity (that's another story)
We were riding around and seen a huge black dog laying in the road, I was in tears because it was laying in a puddle of blood, it was caked on his fur. We drove on toward the bridge and hung out for about an hour and decided to head back. On the way back I dreaded seeing that dog in the road! Much to our surprise the dog that we thought was dead jumped up at my car, there was no blood in sight I even turned the car around and went back and put my brights on the road, the puddle of blood was gone and the dog was fine, just barking and chasing the car. That was a serious WTF moment!!! Thankfully we had a car load of people to witness that!
We went back several time and had many unusual things like that to happen, this place will not disappoint anyone looking for a scare!!!
S&F on your excellent post.
edit on 14-7-2013 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Yes I believe jewish religion practices/Eastern Religion practices, follow a simlar believe. In the jewish religion when someone passes during the shiva, they would cover mirrors during the mouring period. As for eastern religion like the chinese, the usage of the bagua mirror is use to reflect or trap bad energy.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I remember these being call spirit rooms a place where you could let a demon live but not something to play with the esoteric doesn't work on a photographic level it can enter your subconscious your dreams your fears just saying some things better left alone

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Hey Sled, watch the vid I posted on Logical One's suggestion,
it has a penny dropping spirit!

Really?!
WOW! I'll be sure to watch this one!

Thanks for letting me know.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
I liked the fun aspect. I like the fresh approach. I do think they would benifit with a medium though. There are two sides of this. One being the family the other being the spirits or entiys.

I agree a medium should be present. That's why out of all the ghost hunting/investigations my favorite is The Dead Files.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hey sled thanks for the thread.

I'm an easily influenced person, and i'll be the first to admit i've fallen for some stupid # before. I've been an avid follower of the paranormal for over 10 years. In doing so i have had my shares of experiences.. But i've never heard of this box, perhaps im falling out of the loop. Eitherway if this stands true, it surely is truly frightening. I want to believe this is real, but unless i hear more about it,other groups opinions, or experienced individuals talk on this subject i'll remain on the fence.

Im definetly going to go do some reading tomorrow morning on the subject, thanks for sharing the video aswell.

Them TN boys sure gave me a spook. Specifically the part where they move the box from the house to outside. I know we can't see it/hear it.. But when the guys say they felt something in the box as the devices started going off it gave me chills. The issue i have right now is this is beyond easy to fake.. Im a skeptic and a believer. I want this to be true, so i will remain on the fence till i do my own research.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by darrin683

Read up on the Devil's toy box.

I went and read a little and the box itself if they were not faking it, acted like it is supposed to.
Which is why I have a problem with it, as it is supposed to generate it's own paranormal experience within the box, such as scratching and growls and a feeling of movement within it.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Staroth
reply to post by sled735

Beesley Cemetery...there is nothing more creepier than this place after midnight! We went there on several visits because something would always happen. One night we walked up between the abandon church and the graveyard about 2 AM we stood really still and we could hear something big running through the grass toward us. It would come up to us and run back to the woods - over and over, we grabbed a flashlight and in the dew on the grass you could see a path from the woods and it stopped right where we were standing. We could hear faint sounds of breathing and words.Some nights we could smell sulfur really strong. One night before we got out of the car, the car shook like something was rocking it, it even knocked my air freshener off the rear view mirror. Cutting this short but many other things happened there!

We were riding around and seen a huge black dog laying in the road, I was in tears because it was laying in a puddle of blood, it was caked on his fur. We drove on toward the bridge and hung out for about an hour and decided to head back. On the way back I dreaded seeing that dog in the road! Much to our surprise the dog that we thought was dead jumped up at my car, there was no blood in sight I even turned the car around and went back and put my brights on the road, the puddle of blood was gone and the dog was fine, just barking and chasing the car. That was a serious WTF moment!!! Thankfully we had a car load of people to witness that!
We went back several time and had many unusual things like that to happen, this place will not disappoint anyone looking for a scare!!!
S&F on your excellent post.
edit on 14-7-2013 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

You smelled sulfur? Uh Oh!! That is said to be a sign of a demon lurking! And it rocked your car?!

Please be careful! This evil could follow you home and cause all kinds of terrible things to happen! That worries me very much! Please don't go back there.

As for the dog... I had a member on my paranormal thread that saw a big black dog. He said it was a shape shifter. It was walking down his neighborhood sidewalk one night when he saw it. When he approached it, it changed into something else.
I don't know... too many crazy stories on my thread to know when people are being serious, or just passing time. But he seemed sincere.
I can't say it didn't happen... not after some of the strange experiences I've had myself.

Thank you for your awesome reply.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by darrin683

You're welcome.
Glad you like it.

I hadn't heard of the box either, and I've been researching the paranormal since I was around 12 because of all the strange things that happened to me when I was growing up. (See my thread in my signature.) That's been many, many years ago.

Yeah, us TN people know how it's done!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I plan to in the morning when my mind is fresh and ready.

Something i really disliked about what they did was their laughing. Sure if what happened is real it would be god dam amazing to the point of laughing, and questioning yourself as to know if what you are seeing and feeling is true, BUT they consistently were laughing after every question. I personally feel laughing at what might possibly be demonic is in no way professional, or safe.. Then to blow it up? I don't know.. I just feel funny about this.

This is not to say it's fake, but just my personal opinion. An opinion no one needs to take seriously, as it is my personal opinion.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom
Back in "the old days" (1800's), they'd cover all mirrors in a house when someone died. Most deaths, at least wakes, were held in the persons home. It's said that spirits could wonder into a mirror and get lost. Hence, the covering.

If this is true or not, I don't know. But that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw this box. I'll stick to photographic/video and EVP recordings for now. Even if this box did capture ghosts, why would you want to do that? Help them move on, not stick them in a box for amusement.

I was thinking the same thing, Auricom. Some "ghosts" are not even aware they have died. Someone needs to help them cross over.

I posted earlier that they should put the box in a deep hole instead of blowing it up. In my mind I was thinking of demons/evil spirits only.
Thanks for your reply.

edit on 7/15/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join