It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martian curved rock?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by Arken
And what appear to be some sort of broken device.

The "broken device" is called a rock. There are a lot of them on Mars.

Some people like to post pictures of rocks on Mars here.

I really think we need a thread where people can post their pictures of rocks on Mars.
edit on 14-7-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

Ugh, yes there are rocks, there are tons of rocks and every single time a thread like this opens up, the first thing people like "YOU" point out is "rocks", you didn't even give a chance did you? you browsed the recent post tab and saw this thread and automatically assumed, "rocks" and waltzed in and posted your little reply of rocks and made it a point that most threads if not all on mars are just pictures of "rocks", yes we get it, so how about you drop this pointless endeavor of yours and leave this thread unless you want to contribute something on it other then its a "rock", btw don't let the door hit you on your way out.
----
Anyways.
I see a couple of holes and curvature in there, with some depth, like half a tire the shadows confirm that much on it, if anything it looks like part of an engine block! with all the weather going on in mars, I bet all kinds of artifacts uncovered and covered again, over and over again, talk about mad erosion.
IMHO, I truly believe that mars is littered with all kinds of artifacts, until we actually go there and see for ourselves, we can only look at pictures and speculate and HOPE its what we see.
Actually speaking of I am waiting on the privatized space industry to move its sights on an actual manned mars mission, hopefully in my life time.
Last thing, I can't wait till we actually get snap shots of the Martian city that Hoagland did some research on with geometry and not the top view pics either, but on the surface in plain view, NOW I BET THAT WOULD BE A SMOKING GUN to silence all this "rocks" folks.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
reply to post by smurfy

The thing is we never really know , because we as the public cant come closer to the object.

But thanks for giving you opinion on this

That's right, but maybe that's partly our fault. Why has NASA no static cameras posted on Mars, or the Moon for that matter? Even a cheapy like a webcam beefed up a bit with a solar power source, and broadcasting all the time it can and NASA need not even manage it. That's because they feel the need to call all the shots. If they did stuff like that, I'd send them a regular cheque myself. Are they stupid or what?
edit on 14-7-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123
unless you want to contribute something on it other then its a "rock",

So when someone posts a picture of a rock we are not allowed to call it a rock.....

I can't wait till we actually get snap shots of the Martian city that Hoagland did some research on

Sorry, Hoaxland and research do not go together. He is just a fraud making money from the gullible. There is no "Martian City", it is all in Hoaxland's mind.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nostalgic
reply to post by 0bserver1

Are you saying you've never seen a rounded rock on our home planet? I suggest you take more walks, kind sir. Rocks most definitely come in all different shapes and sizes, including ones that might make you say "Wow, that's pretty weird".

Simple "Weird Rocks" Google Image Search - Check some of those out! Ancient civilizations didn't make them. Nature did.

When you're sifting through rocks on a planet that really has nothing more than ... well, rocks.. you're bound to find a funky one every now and then.

]

Yep. This is just, well, a rock!

LOL from your link

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

unless you want to contribute something on it other then its a "rock",

So when someone posts a picture of a rock we are not allowed to call it a rock.....

That's right. The OP posted what this object might be, its all too easy to say its a rock, of course we need people like you to remind of us on that. I don't think its a rock, too easy.

I can't wait till we actually get snap shots of the Martian city that Hoagland did some research on

Sorry, Hoaxland and research do not go together. He is just a fraud making money from the gullible. There is no "Martian City", it is all in Hoaxland's mind.

Care to back up your claim that he is a fraud? Bust out the proof that he is a fraud and we shall lay this to a rest, hmmm?
---
ANYWAYS, like the picture shows, I don't think its a rock. Too bad tho for us, we can't get enough information on it, but because that's the case does'nt always me we have to default to "hellobruce" rocks....since it seems that's all he lives under, Rocks.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Care to back up your claim that he is a fraud?

Let us see, his "Hyperdimensional physics" nonsense, his "Face on Mars" nonsense, his false claim about life on Europa, his silly claims of glass structures on the moon, his claim NASA murdered Apollo 1 astronauts, his claim that the twelve Apollo moonwalkers, who would be well qualified to confirm the existence of lunar artifacts and glass structures, have had their memories selectively edited with hypnosis so that they no longer remember seeing evidence of a lunar civilization, his claim that the comet Elenin was a time capsule, his false claim heco-created the Pioneer 10 plaque etc etc etc.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Even a cheapy like a webcam beefed up a bit with a solar power source, and broadcasting all the time it can and NASA need not even manage it.
The moon doesn't change a lot. That would be a pretty boring location for a live cam.

As for Mars, maybe you should find out a bit about how we get data from Mars' surface. It's not so simple. There are bandwidth limitations. But it would be fun to see dust devils blowing by.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Care to back up your claim that he is a fraud?

Let us see, his "Hyperdimensional physics" nonsense, his "Face on Mars" nonsense, his false claim about life on Europa, his silly claims of glass structures on the moon, his claim NASA murdered Apollo 1 astronauts, his claim that the twelve Apollo moonwalkers, who would be well qualified to confirm the existence of lunar artifacts and glass structures, have had their memories selectively edited with hypnosis so that they no longer remember seeing evidence of a lunar civilization, his claim that the comet Elenin was a time capsule, his false claim heco-created the Pioneer 10 plaque etc etc etc.

AND? that's not proving anything, I said back up your claims that he is a fraud, you thinking all his endeavors being silly and nonsense have no bearing on weather or not he is a fraud. I believe in the glass structures on the moon and let people know that, does that make me a fraud?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
And what appear to be some sort of broken device.

The "broken device" is called a rock. There are a lot of them on Mars.

Some people like to post pictures of rocks on Mars here.

I really think we need a thread where people can post their pictures of rocks on Mars.

So long as they are interesting looking rocks, I'm more that happy to visit threads of this nature. When someone suggests there is a 30 kilometre alien sitting on a moon base, my interest wanes quickly, but threads showing potential vertebrae and fossils one I find highly interesting, whether they are rocks or not.

I'm very dubious of much of what Hoagland says, but the possible 'crinoid fossil' was never adequately explained to the best of my knowledge.

In my opinion, there are enough anomalous looking things to warrant further discussion. Limiting this to a 'rocks on Mars' thread would be an act of ignorance. Just as the 'flower on Mars' and the 'Martian blueberries' received mainstream interest, the active and willing participants from ATS do no-one any harm by looking at rock-scapes on Mars. Pushing discussion into a rocks 'ghetto' may have the effect of concealing (or certainly reducing interest in) information which should not be concealed.

Speculative titled threads draw interest, and I am more than willing to have a look. My disappointment is when the items being viewed resemble nothing except for rocks, and when these 'rocks' look startlingly like skulls, statues, and fossils I'm certain that I am not the only member whose interest is piqued, even if only momentarily.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Never thought about that good point!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by Nostalgic
reply to post by 0bserver1

Are you saying you've never seen a rounded rock on our home planet? I suggest you take more walks, kind sir. Rocks most definitely come in all different shapes and sizes, including ones that might make you say "Wow, that's pretty weird".

Simple "Weird Rocks" Google Image Search - Check some of those out! Ancient civilizations didn't make them. Nature did.

When you're sifting through rocks on a planet that really has nothing more than ... well, rocks.. you're bound to find a funky one every now and then.

]

Yep. This is just, well, a rock!

LOL from your link

Man those things will be in my dreams tonight..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join