It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation : The whores "fornication" is usury.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

Originally posted by Joecroft
[ Pharisees were following the Father of Lies, and IMO they created their own Laws in the OT

Originally posted by Miracula
Yeah, but the Pharisees weren't running around saying have me as your king or you will be brought forth and slayed before me.

Jesus wasn’t saying, have me as your King or else etc…

But The Pharisees were making Laws, like these below…

Exodus 21:17
Whoever curses his father or his mother shall be put to death.

Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property

Exodus 22:2
“If a thief is caught breaking in at night and is struck a fatal blow, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed; 3 but if it happens after sunrise, the defender is guilty of bloodshed.

Originally posted by Miracula
Preaching a gospel of peace and threatening the local Roman leader without an accusation or proof of a crime worthy of capital punishment are two totally different animals.

That's not very peaceful to threaten the local Roman authority or any authority simply for not having a man be your king.

I mean if a homeless man or construction worker was running around saying bow down and have me as your king or I will have you killed would you consider that peaceful.
Healing sick people and walking on water is one thing. Ric Ocasek of the Cars walked on water in one of his music videos with the band The Cars, but Ric Ocasek never said bow to me as king or I will have you killed.

The Bible should list a crime worthy of death committed by the local Roman authority to give Christ the authority to make such a threat. At the point that Christ made that threat it's understandable why the local Roman gov't had him killed. Inciting violence is something that is not tolerated even today

For the second time!, Jesus was not threatening anybody, he was pointing out (in Luke 19:11-27) how that type of Kingly rule was wrong, and unrighteous etc...and how that King was reaping the benefits, of off the backs of others, essentially a form of Usury…Jesus was just using a parable to show that this was wrong.

- JC

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
catholicism
islam
and talmudism

have one glaring feature in common: they all think of the general public as the goyim. they deliberately hide secret information about the inner workings of their religion, their most prominent leaders and history. they pass the average human being around as their slaves, like dish rags, abuse us, steal our labor, murder us in cold blood, start wars in our nations to manipulate us and take our livelihoods, families and lives and on top of that, they have the backing of the other esoteric religions and secret brotherhoods with their finest hour arriving in the form of atheism, which is then manipulated at the top (stalin, pol pot, mao, etc) to wreak havoc in our populations, providing yet another avenue for war, theft, murder, and persecution.

in effect, you are punished because you believe and you are also punished if you don't believe, depending on where you live. this system eats people alive. it's a great gaping molloch of a thing, just munching away on our ignorance.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Originally posted by Undo
the revelator (john) was in a roman prison when he wrote the text of revelation.

hmmm…always thought it was written by John, on the Island of Patmos, as the official story goes…

rome was actively persecuting the christians. using them as human torches to light their garden parties. feeding them to lions. crucifying them. and so on and so on. not to mention, john's prophecy was almost entirely about events happening at that moment where he was in the timeline and forward to the end of the human dispensation on earth.

Yes, my own thoughts on this, is that it was mainly Gnostic Christians who were being tortured and killed etc…And I believe that the Book of Revelations, is really a Christian Gnostic text, because there were many Apocalyptic texts, written in that time period, which all use similar symbolism, and identical key phrases etc…

the synagogue of satan is the temple of enlil. enlil was a hard core anunnaki, who happened to be in possession of this planet -- it was his real estate. the owner of this planet, the text of the bible identifies as satan. this is quite biblical (and quite evident). his symbol was the crescent moon and star. as a result, islam is automatically of the temple of enlil. and because of their allegiance to the rcc, there's a very good chance the rcc is also of the temple of enlil, in fact, since the rcc owns the planet, it's likely they are directly answering to enlil.

Not sure about this. And I’m not exactly a big fan of RCC either. Islam on the other hand, believes that Jesus is the Messiah, and believes in His second coming, and that He will defeat the anti Christ in the “end times”…so not sure about that aspect…

- JC

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

you sound like a guy who has done some research. would you be so kind as to watch the video series i posted on the previous page and tell me what parts you think are incorrect?

i believe the guy in the video is on to something. the people who formed these mystery religions are having a 6000+ year party at the expense of the rest of the earth's inhabitants, including at the expense of their own followers.

edit on 14-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

--------------------------
Yeah, but the Pharisees weren't running around saying have me as your king or you will be brought forth and slayed before me.

--------------------------------------------------
Jesus wasn’t saying, have me as your King or else etc…
;;;;;;;--------------

For the second time!, Jesus was not threatening anybody, he was pointing out (in Luke 19:11-27) how that type of Kingly rule was wrong, and unrighteous etc...and how that King was reaping the benefits, of off the backs of others, essentially a form of Usury…Jesus was just using a parable to show that this was wrong.
- JC

Yes. the simple answer is it is a parable.It isn't a parable of Yahoshua as king.This does tie into the OP "theory of usury though..even though The whore of Babylon is about idolatry. ALL religion not one religion ALL religion.To have a faulty premise as a foundation will only lead to false assumptions that are not The Truth.

Again the reality is Revelation is a book of symbols... ALL symbols.NONE of it is predictions or prophecy of past present or future historical events or specific individuals or entities such as the banking system or the NWO.Those are all faulty premises and will lead nowhere .

The Book of revelations is about ONE thing and one thing only.The deliverance of ALL mankind from the valley of the shadow of death(The physical realm).It is Yahoshua..God is salvation.To read into it anymore than that is exactly what John warns against of adding or taking away.Yahoshua clearly said only the father can reveal anything about the Son of God the Christ.There is NOTHING to interpret or decipher in the book of Revelation it can only be REVEALED....unveiled...apocalypse.All those that do so are false prophets.
edit on 14-7-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

so counting the number of the name of the beast means: don't do anything, just read it, don't ask for meanings, don't look for meanings and whatever you do, don't talk about what you think it means?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Idolatry is called fornication in Biblical literary devices. So that would mean either a false god or pagan religion.

You do realize there’s already a LOT of paganism, which can be found within Christianity…right…?

- JC

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

To have a faulty premise as a foundation will only lead to false assumptions that are not The Truth.

To read this particular line on a religious thread is hilarious. I applaud your tenacity and dearly hope that one day you will recognise the full implications of your own words here.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Idolatry is called fornication in Biblical literary devices. So that would mean either a false god or pagan religion.

You do realize there’s already a LOT of paganism, which can be found within Christianity…right…?

- JC

now, after you watch the video series on the previous page, i would love to hear what you mean by this post

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

If you have access to Google, then you shouldn't have to ask. As one of the youngest religions in the world, Christianity is about as original as the English language.
edit on 14-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by undo

If you have access to Google, then you shouldn't have to ask. As one of the youngest religions in the world, Christianity is about as original as the English language.
edit on 14-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

if you've read my stargates are real thread, you would know that when i asked him this question it was to get HIS take on it.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The Old Testament says that rape is okay as long as you marry the girl afterwards.

No it doesn't. If a man raped a woman, he had to pay the bride price for virgins. The father reserved the right to refuse his daughter's hand in marriage, and the man who raped her still had to pay the bride price for virgins which was whatever the father wanted and that could be more than the rapist could afford, or he could end up a slave or be executed. If the father of the raped woman did give his daughter to the man who defiled her for a wife, that man could never divorce her, he had to support her for the rest of his life. The moral of that story was not to go having unmarried sex with women unless you wanted to get in a whole mess of trouble. Often times the family of the raped woman would hunt you down and kill you in a fit of rage before you could pay the bride price of virgins.
edit on 14-7-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Rex282

To have a faulty premise as a foundation will only lead to false assumptions that are not The Truth.

To read this particular line on a religious thread is hilarious. I applaud your tenacity and dearly hope that one day you will recognise the full implications of your own words here.

Yes I was laughing so hard when I wrote this I heard one hand clapping......

but seriously.To try to prove God exists is starting from a faulty premise.To try to prove God doesn't exist is also starting from a faulty premise because neither can be proved by any method.They both can only be believed and all belief is religion.No belief in God is just as faulty as belief in God.Two sides of the same coin.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

you sound like a guy who has done some research. would you be so kind as to watch the video series i posted on the previous page and tell me what parts you think are incorrect?

I have done some research, but mainly in various Christian denominational beliefs, and the Gnostic texts…

I’ll take a look but It may take a while to get to back to you… And I should warn you, that my perspective is pretty unique, to say the least…

- JC

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

sadly, that commentary reveals the handiwork of enlil. he no like the ladies. females had no voice. i mean, why would a guy's daughter be forced to marry her rapist. it's HORRIFIC. family on hard times? just sell your daughter to the first guy who rapes her. good grief.

come on, think people.
who was the accuser? the law was the accuser.
who's law was it? it was mosaic law. who was moses? his name means moon god. he was the adoptive son of pharaoh ahmose, who he was named after.

edit on 14-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rex282
The deliverance of ALL mankind from the valley of the shadow of death

Death.

Isn't rape in the Old Testament murder?

I keep hearing about female victims of rape killing themselves.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Actually they're pretty good examples, but I guess my meaning flew right over your head.

Just because Earth is inanimate doesn't mean it's not alive, just like a flower is inanimate but alive. The fact is life only springs from life, and since we sprung from the Earth, that means the Earth is alive.

You have a very narrow view on things.

No I do not. You keep picking things that are alive to compare to Earth, which is a planet. It's not a living thing. It supports life on it, but it isn't "alive".

Take a timeout and read the definitions of inanimate and animate. Inanimate objects are nonliving things, like the planet Earth or a hammer. You gave examples of animate things, plants and a person in a coma.

edit on 14-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

The deliverance of ALL mankind from the valley of the shadow of death

For what price? What is our cost for this deliverance? And what exactly happens if we don't "buy the ticket"?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

- JC

Oh a great deal, Christ addressed that with one of the 7 letters to the 7 churches in Revelation chapters 2-3.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

- JC

now, after you watch the video series on the previous page, i would love to hear what you mean by this post

For a quick example, Christmas and Easter are pagan holidays adopted by Christianity under Theodocius I.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join