Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Is A Real 'Miracle' Possible? A Request...

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
So I have never done this here on ATS, but I have read some stuff and been lead to things from ATS in the past couple of days that have weighed on me and seem directed to a little girl I have been praying for since this past Monday.

This is the story:

Aly is a little four year old girl that was in a horrific car accident with her whole family (including grandparents) on Sunday. Her mom, who is a fire fighter, watched Aly die in front of her, while she was pinned under the wreckage and basically drowned in a puddle of irrigation water. She watched her draw her last breaths and I can not imagine anything worse as a parent. Aly died as the firefighers (her moms co-workers) arrived. It took seven minutes to extricate her. They began CPR and Aly was brought back in the ER.

Since then, she has been on life support. A CT scan showed that she was basically brain dead. They made the incredible decision to stop all medication, give her body time to process it all out and then donate her organs. Well....they stopped the meds but instead of dying, she is actually stabilizing. The doctors can't explain it.

There has been non-stop prayer from hundreds and now most likely thousands, including the doctors and nurses in the hospital. People from all over have been drawn to this little girls room without even knowing why and other, smaller miracles have been occurring.

I have been reading about the law of attraction, positive thought and the power of prayer. I believe that the sheer mass of people all directing these prayers and positive energy in her direction is having an affect. So I welcome anyone who believes in this to join us in thinking these positive thoughts of love and healing for little Aly (Allyson) and for her brain to heal. She is in Boise, Idaho, in a coma.

What do you think? Are miracles simply 'faith' (that word so many think is one assigned to something that can't be explained), or is there a real, tangible explanation that would actually help define what faith is? Brain waves are measurable. Do they interact at a quantum level? Do you have a personal story?

Thank you!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

No, miracles are not "faith". Miracles are events either so improbable that the people whom it affects think it's "impossible" (even though it isn't), or the general ignorance of the people involved making something quite reasonable inexplicable.

When it comes to prayer, there needs to be a third external consciousness of some sort, a (a God?) in order to process and address a prayer (that is, understanding who 'x' is and where, and why, and what).
And since this consciousness doesn't seem to always do what anyone says, and if it requires that "many people pray" for it to work, this consciousness sounds like a pathetic rock-star who refuses to play a song unless more people raise up their hands.

But it's better to stop speculating in things that do not exist and realize that we're lumps of organic matter and what we "feel" to be our "souls" or "spirits" is the same organic matter and disappears with it, there wouldn't even need to be a reason for a Creator to bother about our "problems", the organic matter works as "designed". It does not require intervention.
edit on 14-7-2013 by Nevertheless because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
i believe in the power of positive thought, so while not being religious i'll say my own prayers and offer up good thoughts for her recovery

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Miracles are possible. No argument there. Is it not a miracle youve got thousands of people to pray for one little 4 year old girl they dont know? Is that not a miracle?

Add one more please....God Bless your efforts too....MS

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

That's a pretty sad take on life.

I really do hope that some day you get to experience what I understand as the Holy Spirit, so that you realize there is so much more to this life than being an 'organic lump of matter'.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Miracles are possible. No argument there. Is it not a miracle youve got thousands of people to pray for one little 4 year old girl they dont know? Is that not a miracle?

Add one more please....God Bless your efforts too....MS

Absolutely...I was thinking of that last night. Too many times, we tend to look BIG obvious 'signs', when I believe there are smaller 'miracles' going on around us all the time.

Thank you...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Her and her family are in my prayers!

Prayer and sending positive energy is a very powerful experience.

I pray this girl recovers fully, and is given the strength to touch everyone with a miracle.
Spirit willing, it will be done.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

How so? I'd much rather live in what is true instead of a lie.

I really do hope that some day you get to experience what I understand as the Holy Spirit, so that you realize there is so much more to this life than being an 'organic lump of matter'.

Isn't it sad that one's life needs to rely on a lie to make it worthwhile?

Life is meaningless, but it doesn't mean you can't enjoy it while it lasts.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Appreciate the thanks, but in this case, its not necessary. Its what we all should do...to be there in times of need.

Please keep us updated. Blessings and prayers...MS

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Thank you for all the positive thoughts!

Her meds are completely out of her body, and she continues to remain stable in spite of it! They will be conducting more tests throughout today to check for brain activity. Please continue to keep her in your thoughts today.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless

Originally posted by westcoast

How so? I'd much rather live in what is true instead of a lie.

Isn't it sad that one's life needs to rely on a lie to make it worthwhile?

Life is meaningless, but it doesn't mean you can't enjoy it while it lasts.

If in your opinion life is meaningless then why do we punish those who take it from others?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Great story.

There is no doubt in my mind that prayer works. I will say a few prayers a well for Aly. God bless.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer
If in your opinion life is meaningless then why do we punish those who take it from others?

Maybe you didn't understand what I said.
Even if life doesn't have a meaning or purpose, it doesn't mean we don't want to have rules to make ourselves satisfied. Life relies on mechanisms that wants us to live (that's how we survive), and in humans, feelings have grown to be an important part of that mechanism.

So again, even if life is completely meaningless, it doesn't mean you can't have fun while it lasts.
Having people around killing each other is not often considered as fun by the majority due to the above reasons.

Does that answer you question?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If you want to see a miracle, stop by the maturnity ward of a hospital any time they have visitation, day or night.

That is all the proof I need.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

You are absolutely correct!

new topics

top topics

join