It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Atheism a religion of War?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Societies have rustled jimmies worldwide because they have "found God" when really all they have done is established a state of emotional security due to self-engineered perspective.

I had never heard the term 'jimmies' before so I looked it up online and this is what I found.

jimmies
When rustled, convey feelings of discontent or of being upset.

One can only reach true enlightenment when his jimmies are eternally unrustled.
www.urbandictionary.com...

How odd.

edit on 15-7-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Double post.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Thundersmurf

Oh, and in answer to your thread title, no atheism is not war on religion; we just don't care about the whole gods thing.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't be in a religion forum attacking theists. Still a war, blood hasn't been shed yet but it eventually will once the undersirable people who believe in a magic man in the sky have become too much of a nuisance to allow to live. Then people will do anything they want, based on their own desires and "do as you will shall be the whole of the law" comes into effect. Then we will all be pointless automatons, without a reason or a purpose to exist. A planet full of mouth breathers.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by BlueMule

Hmm. Interesting. Alright then, would I be correct in assuming that Westboro Baptist reflects the beliefs and practices of the entirety of Christianity?

There are denominations of Christianity... perhaps that's a feature of religion.

By the same token... perhaps there are denominations of atheism... which would mean that atheism has that as a 'religion' feature.

edit on 14-7-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

There are no denominations of atheism. Are you even reading any of the replies? ATHEISM IS NOT A RELIGION. Do you think we all meet up on Sunday mornings and go to Atheism group? Or talk about all the ways our atheist beliefs should be spread throughout the land? We don't know each other, we aren't affiliated.

The word Atheist is used to describe someone who doesn't want or need religion in their life. You can't just say "atheists are ____" or "atheist beliefs are____". We are not a group.

If you still don't understand that atheism isn't a religion after this thread then you are an idiot. Plain and simple, but if you wan't to keep believing whatever you make up in your head then you are free do so; just don't expect the adults to include you in their conversations.
Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Thundersmurf

Oh, and in answer to your thread title, no atheism is not war on religion; we just don't care about the whole gods thing.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't be in a religion forum attacking theists. Still a war, blood hasn't been shed yet but it eventually will once the undersirable people who believe in a magic man in the sky have become too much of a nuisance to allow to live. Then people will do anything they want, based on their own desires and "do as you will shall be the whole of the law" comes into effect. Then we will all be pointless automatons, without a reason or a purpose to exist. A planet full of mouth breathers.

I didn't read all of your reply. I didn't attack anyone. I don't care about your, or anyone's religion. I don't need it. If your thread title was called "Christians unite and discuss stuff" then i wouldn't have come in, but it wasn't was it? You created an inflammatory thread, ignored pretty much everything everyone said, and at the end of it all you are still just sitting there like a closed-minded fool having learned nothing.

I'm done.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

You might not be bound by written documents but you are bound by a theory. The theory that God's does not exist. Whether you like it or not that is a belief, and it takes faith in order to believe such a theory.

I take it you don't believe in Santa Clause or the flying spaghetti monster...........does that make you bound by a theory that they don't exist?
Do you need faith in not believing in Santa Clause or the flying spaghetti monster?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by luciddream

People who are not interested in tennis would not be on a tennis forum. Atheist's are interested in religion.

How can you be so ignorant and presumptuous? Generalizing like that is like me saying fat people love reading, or that gays enjoy strawberries. I'm sure some of them do, but you can't purport to know that as fact.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

You might not be bound by written documents but you are bound by a theory. The theory that God's does not exist. Whether you like it or not that is a belief, and it takes faith in order to believe such a theory.

I take it you don't believe in Santa Clause or the flying spaghetti monster...........does that make you bound by a theory that they don't exist?
Do you need faith in not believing in Santa Clause or the flying spaghetti monster?

Yep.

I've made my mind up that they do not exist

Nevertheless, just because I don't see them doesn't mean they don't exist. For all I know every time I make a batch some kind of spiritual entity might decide to manifest through it and scare the crap out of my kids.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Still a war, blood hasn't been shed yet but it eventually will once the undersirable people who believe in a magic man in the sky have become too much of a nuisance to allow to live.

Aren't you just describing what Christian Catholics use to do to the primitive South American Indians?........and the Inquisition wasn't too kind to unbelievers either!

edit on 15-7-2013 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Then we will all be pointless automatons, without a reason or a purpose to exist. A planet full of mouth breathers.

And this is a result of not having a god? I hope you have facts to back that claim as being an inevitable development following the loss of religion.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Ok, I admit I pray

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Good stuff, good stuff indeed. I've never seen that prayer before, but I like it.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If you look at history you will find very few "Wars" started by Atheists.

This is probably partly because many Atheists don't believe in an "afterlife".

So taking someone's life - via War or other means - to an Atheist is to "destroy" that person's presence completely.

A conscientious Atheist will never start a War or take someone else's life by other means.

Atheists also tend to be vocal in Anti-War movements.

Many people protesting against the Iraq & Afghanistan wars a few years ago were - you guessed it - atheists.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Seriously though, what If Moses went up the mountain and smelled the burning......... he went to investigate and found a pot of spaghetti that was starting to burn............and then a voice said to Moses:

" Behold Moses I am FSM.............or Flying Spaghetti Monster to you........I am your creator.......and I send you forth with with 613 commandments.........but you can just use the first 10 if you prefer."

Among the most important commandments being:

Thou shalt not over boil Spaghetti
Thou shalt only ever use Extra Virgin Olive oil on Spaghetti.
Thou shalt never substitute spaghetti for rice.
Thou shalt do no cooking on the 7th day
Thou shalt make a visit to Italy at least once in your lifetime.

Moses asks, will I hear from you again.
FSM answers.........no.......but I will send my beloved son "Ravioli" down to save you all some day....Amen.

edit on 15-7-2013 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by luciddream

People who are not interested in tennis would not be on a tennis forum. Atheist's are interested in religion.

How can you be so ignorant and presumptuous? Generalizing like that is like me saying fat people love reading, or that gays enjoy strawberries. I'm sure some of them do, but you can't purport to know that as fact.

The religion forum has many atheist's joining in on the discussions, even starting threads on the religion forum.
Are you saying that atheist's do not enjoy talking about religion? Even if they are opposing God they are in a way obsessed with God.
If one wears the 'Atheist' flag one will jump in and defend that flag. Religions wear a flag or label and they band together - and then there can be conflict. Conflicting sides is what makes war.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

If that was the way God presented himself, how could Moses' argue with that? I see your point on olive oil and what not. But look at this way. Bacon taste good, always has, but there was a reason this meat was forbidden back then. Do you know what that reason was. Maybe proper care of the meat. Take a piece of beef, chicken and pork, leave them out over night and see what happens. Which one would you be more likely to eat the next day?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
When I was a kid I used to think I was an Atheist.
Now that I'm an adult, I realize that I am actually Agnostic.

I believe that "believing" that there is no god is just as much a "religion" based on "faith"
"Faith" that there is no god.
To me that sounds just as foolish as any other religion.

I do not think that Agnostics or Atheists are wrong for the world.

One thing we desperately need to get over as a people is this belief in gods and other things that we just cannot prove one way or another.

We (all of us on this planet) need to throw away our crutches and learn how to walk on our own.

If that takes pissing off a bunch of religious people, then so be it. I believe that it is for the better of all of humanity that we do this.

edit on 15-7-2013 by FinalCountdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

IMHO I think though the really religious tend to be so serious and anal retentive on the subject while the "I don't know", and, "Show me the proof', and the out right atheist (though I think even an atheist in lets say in a war situation or tight spot could call out to god, "under extreme duress", as we are only human) don't get all in your face about it.

I've never had an atheist knock on my door trying to give me a lecture.

I just went out to my mail box a moment ago (swear to god!)

and on my screen door handle was a JW flyer! I had to take it off and look at it to see what it was. I couldn't tell unless I un-swirled it (it was rolled up).

I do have on my "door" behind the screen door "NO Soliciting", but folks will leave stuff on the screen door.

I have never got one from an atheist.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

oh please, this is absurd.
try to join people in reality please.
in typical anti-atheist histrionics you have to make this seem like atheists are all evil immoral monsters, nothing you said is remotely true and will never happen.

lol i have to wonder if something real happened, would you have a heart attack or an aneurysm? OH NO ATHEISTS DARED TO CRITICIZE MY RELIGION!!! THEY ARE GOING TO MURDER ALL THE CHRISTIANS!!!

the planet is already full of mouth breathers, and most of them are religious. this is why this stupidity you sell even gets traction, because religions teach you to believe authority without thought.

i personally don't care if people believe in gods, i have however an interest in religion and why people believe, purely academic. i do however care about people's rights being determined by religious beliefs in america, because last time i checked america is a secular country and not everyone shares the same beliefs.

i would fight the religious over the rights of my fellow man, just to add i would also fight for the freedom to worship as the religious see fit!
i fight against lies and untruth, and evil. the problem with religion is that it can be used to justify evil, so when it is used for that, i fight it.
edit on 15-7-2013 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Ya - I remember the atheist crusades .. wait, what?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join