It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Atheism a religion of War?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by borntowatch

yep joined to preach your faith, I didnt say you couldnt or shouldnt or it was wrong to do so,

I actually didn't.

I am not stopping you, just pointing out you evangelise atheism like a fundamentalist Christian.

I challenge the opinions I find that I feel can be refined.

Most threrads you participate in are religious innature

I find religion to be a fascinating subject.
edit on 23-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

1, I could be wrong

2 You challenge by preaching\advocatingyour view

3 Yes clearly and challenge it and preach against it, my whole point.
You oppose it and teach your view. Challenge it
You attack it like a warmonger.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

1, I could be wrong

Not just could be...

2 You challenge by preachingadvocatingyour view

Are you suggesting I challenge by agreeing with you? I would never make it so easy for you.

3 Yes clearly and challenge it and preach against it, my whole point.
You oppose it and teach your view. Challenge it
You attack it like a warmonger.

And how would you know what a warmonger acts like? Meet them often in your little Sunday gatherings?

edit on 24-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
A little laughing head, I dont think thats how you really feel.

You preach atheism like some fundamentalist and deny it,.

Sadly you are no better than those you preach against.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I have more reason to advocate atheism, than theists have to advocate theism.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I have more reason to advocate atheism, than theists have to advocate theism.

Well lets not go to war over it.
Your reasons are your own and obviously private, just know that men are corrupt, not God

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
A little laughing head, I dont think thats how you really feel.

Generally its the extremist we have problems with, like idk, Westboro. But of course everyone has to defend their religion, tearing away from those who stain the name of their religion, while still screaming at the top of their lungs

"were not the same as the people you base your ideas on"

Which to me is a suitable punishment for any religion known for the slaughter of any people..... all because they thought they were the same extermists that had #ed with them..... cause non of your religions (islamic,christianity) have ever murder those of another all because they were considered "blasphemers".

If religion had never produced such atrocities, i strongly believe these conversations would be much fewer.

Seeing how that is Not the case, we preach against your religions because they have Produced extremists, sure there a few that would of been nutters before they found religion. I personally find it to be more like fuel for the flame, giving entitlement and divination to those who have done nothing to deserve such, but still believe they are Holier than though because they've got the correct imaginary friend.

Instead of simply being humble and being content, wars are fought in the name of their gods. Thats the lovely thing though if there is a war caused by athiest, it won't be for the pleasing of any god, it will be for the betterment of man; freeing from the oppressions of Religion. I've said it before and i'll say it again, it may of been a great thing when we were living in small tribes..... but that time has long since passed.

People need to ditch the security blankets and grow up if they ever plan to be taken seriously when it comes to their beliefs.

Instead of poking around the room to see if there really is a god (monster), they just keep their head tightly tucked under the blanket, completely convinced that if they peak out, the monster will bite their #ing head off.

Children.... Why I keep offering my 2cents, cause your scared children afraid of the dark..... and thats ok. Just know I will not stop spreading my ideas till I see the fear subside.

So no, they are no where near as bad as those we preach against, if you knew who we preached about, as much as we do, you'd likely be right there with us tearing down these false worshippers (nothing i hate more than religous extremist, those who take advantage of these scared children and use their religion to manipulate the money out of their wallets).

A god who asks a father to kill his son for the sake of testing him, is not my god. A god who send me out of Eden for gaining knowledge (the apple), when I was an ignoramous made by said god, is not my god. A god who tries to murder all my offspring with a flood under the guise of "cleansing", is not my god.

Whats funny is if there is any real # to religion, the story thats much older than most religions pretty much says THE god, dedicated followers to denouncing and defaming his brother who saved us from ignorant immortal servitude (poor angels x.x). Who is his brother, well he would have you known as Satan. You know honestly, it sounds like the asshole decided to save his power over man by idk.... saying all he did was "for the best" and that all bad decisions and general sin is all because of the temptations of Satan. Which is why there are Satanists..... who aren't the stereotypical dip#s that think they understand how we came to earth because they went to a church and heard some asshole read from a book..... they've got a different story, which would likely require idk.... a bit of an accepting/open mind..... who the # would just jump into what would be Thought as the most evil religion.... worship of Satan????

Am i one of those, no, am I an atheist, no. Do I believe in a god..... that depends on what you consider a "god". I believe in higher beings.... about as far as I go. Honestly I think its a bunch of people duped by an Alien, makes more logical sense to me *shrugs* but if you really think such an all-knowing/"compassionate" god would blame you for being logical after the history left by deadly religion, then really why are you worshipping this god other than "reward" of heaven or to avoid Hell?

The fact that a lot of you guys believe that killing the "only" son of god, brutally stabbing this dude to some #ing wood and then stabbing him in the chest with the spear..... WHY THE # DO YOU THINK THAT WORKS OUT WHERE WE GET TO GO TO HEAVEN?!?!? Oh you guys murdered the # out of me, but uhhh if you guys feel bad and repent, YOU GET TO GO TO HEAVEN. Of course that didn't work before jesus was crucified, feel bad for your sins SO #ING WHAT, YOUR A SINNER, YOU GO TO HELL.
STUPID
edit on 25-7-2013 by shaukuna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Lets discuss communism and how atheists have slaughtered mullions and millions and millions for political reasons.
Actually lets not.

Your hands are as blood soaked as the religious as for the rest, clearly you dont understand, probably never tried to.
Thats sad, sad because your anger leads your life.
edit on 25-7-2013 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
People, societies, cultures, countries, clubs, gangs, tribes and religions have, and DO inflict war on each other.

The common denominator is man. Man wars against man, in any subset you choose to group them.

No group "owns war", and no group is immune from it.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leonidas
People, societies, cultures, countries, clubs, gangs, tribes and religions have, and DO inflict war on each other.

The common denominator is man. Man wars against man, in any subset you choose to group them.

No group "owns war", and no group is immune from it.

Couldnt agree more.

Just a big blame game and we are all responsible.
These hate mongering threads feed the animosity

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

just know that men are corrupt, not God

The god concept is used as a perpetuation of man's corruptive pursuits. We seek to mechanize ourselves because we see such a condition as the most perfect and flawless form of existence possible. That is what "God" is: mechanical. Untouchable, invincible, and all-knowledgeable. A perfect database with perfect constructive and destructive capacity. This is what we seek to be, because we are tired of being vulnerable and imperfect. We do not recognize the opportunities therein. We do not appreciate the human condition nearly as much as we should.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

The god concept is used as a perpetuation of man's corruptive pursuits. We seek to mechanize ourselves because we see such a condition as the most perfect and flawless form of existence possible. That is what "God" is: mechanical. Untouchable, invincible, and all-knowledgeable. A perfect database with perfect constructive and destructive capacity. This is what we seek to be, because we are tired of being vulnerable and imperfect. We do not recognize the opportunities therein. We do not appreciate the human condition nearly as much as we should.

You are thinking that "as God partical" we can do its will as humans. There is no division between god and ourselves at this point? Or are we not noticing of a "God" individual and so pretend to (EGO intact) play out the God concept PERFECTION within ourselves. Or is it only the desire to be Godlike, or nearer to Godliness? Who gave the human a concept of God in the First place; as I would like to talk to IT. Personally, I am tired of seeing people become Aged, diseased, and stuck down in strange circumstances of intermitant POVERTY. All causing as you say vulnerability, and loss of human dignity. The human condition is one of strife to be overcome. The alternate is to see the beauty in that fate of never acheiving it (BLISS in the understanding of never ever being able to acquire it and surrender to that fact).
edit on 25-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

No, God is more corrupt because he created Man and left IT to its own devices without good husbandry. If the other idea is true: Man created God in its own image will/does the corruption remotely apply; as God becomes anything man wishes. A Goat with 6 legs representing false belief systems.

edit on 25-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Man created God, not the other way around.

You know this thread was started by a Christian, because he called atheism a religion. Only Christians do that, and they seem genuinely have no idea why that is wrong.

Wars are started by the religious and the non-religious alike. The difference is the justifications and rationalizations used to excuse the behavior.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Just a big blame game and we are all responsible.
These hate mongering threads feed the animosity

We are all responsible. In the end it just seems like people using a lable to define themselves in a way they feel they will not have to fear being judged in-competant. The best for me would be agnostic, simply to many ideas for me to simply say "..... i pick this one". I'm open to hearing any godly beings given they feel I'm worthy to be spoken too, haven't heard anything yet *shrugs*. Pretty much have to rely on my own experiences, and the ones i've observed others go through.

Maybe we spend to much time trying to fight off would be attackers as opposed to just picking up our own fallen, could be why there are so many people who take things to the point of hurting innocent people. Someone gets tore down, forced to reevaluate life, maybe to the point they feel they must do something to prevent others from suffering from what they have suffered. Ends up being a spectrum of great success to horrible tragedies. The more I think about it, it just seems like if people stopped focusing on those they wished to change, and gave all that effort towards their own going through what they themself suffered, that maybe there wouldn't be so many die-hard Gotta change things people that end hurting others, instead of helping their own.

Just seems like to much revenge. Once some of these people cross the boundaries of what they do, it really seems to be difficult for anyone to even comprehend giving them the acceptence they need to get past the deep feelings that cause us to lash out for the sake of changing things in our favor.

To many fighters and not enough lovers? Seems like things are kind of changing, more people seem to only wanna fight from the defensive side, the rightous side; you stay on your side of the fence and i'll stay on mine. Greed comes in, entitlement. To a gross extent that the greedy will pit others against eachother, not even taking the battles for gain themselves, but manipulating others to simply keep things in their favor.

Greed keeping people distracted with wars and what not, propegating fear of one another till # gets to crazy and things become violent. Hopefully people will see the game before its to late.
Revenge and greed seem to have everything in a mess.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join