It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first serious almost completed song (House / Electronic) Please give opinion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Originally posted by MrMaybeNot
Here's the final version on soundcloud

soundcloud.com...

The beat is a little too straight in my opinion. It could do with some swing or groove. Keep the kick quantised, but maybe have the snare, either slightly forward or back off the quantise line. Or you could just use the groove pool in Ableton. Have a mess around with some of the 16ths grooves. It can just bring the drums to life a bit.

Apart from that you've got some nice sounds in there. It's also an achievement to get a whole track finished. Just keep banging away at it , keep making and finishing tracks.

I agree, the more I listen to it, the more I think it lacks a little something that would make it "special", but I'm already working on my next one, we'll see soon!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMaybeNot

That's the best way, just keep creating and finishing tracks. I find it hard to finish tracks, its quite a discipline.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I agree with you, now I say to myself, you don't get out until it's finished and it's the best way to go at it. BTW I love your avatar, and next time there's a protest in Montreal, you can bet this will be my sign.

Another thing I must say is some narcotics greatly help me with making music, things like Adderall and Xanax bring me to a state of mind where my creativity / focus is so much better. I don't advocate drug use for others but for me it's part of my sad reality.
I'm not proud of it either but I guess the outcome and limited use makes it "OK" for me.
edit on 16-7-2013 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Honestly man, it's pretty weak. You should try to use some better samples, learn how to use compression and equalization too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join