It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla

I don't even know who the jury is... unless they're on this forum, I can't say anything to them. One thing that I do know however... a kid is dead... and they know that too. They also know who killed him. He's guilty in my mind. So for you and your buddy Zimmermans sake, be glad that I wasn't on the jury. I would not let up... period. I know who's dead and who killed him, and I don't believe the story... it's HEARSAY... Period.

It's a real good thing you're not on the jury if that's how you think. It's like going into a case thinking someone is guilty because they're a certain race BEFORE you heard the evidence. You don't walk into a case as a juror with a prejudice or a verdict at hand. Simple as that, what a joke.

edit on 16-7-2013 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

I was making that statement based on what was provided during the trial. Based on the videos that have been released from the trial. Based on the news reading that I've done. You think I'm pre-judging when everything I've said is based on Zimmerman's claim and my disbelief in it... what a joke.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKillah

Nice save, I'll allow it.

Anyways, I didn't know you're the decider and x-factor of jury's? You watched the whole trial, and every piece of evidence was presented before you regarding the self-defense issue. Someone give this guy a medal, he doesn't need to spend 16 hours deliberating with 5 other jurors, or be there listening and watching countless hours as the trial went on, this guys a one man army. All he needs is a cup-of-soup in hand and a computer monitor and he can be officially called 'The ATS Independent Juror', who overrules all courts based on his opinion. Hell, we can give you a belt like in the WWE to wear.

Can you give me an opinion errrr.. I mean the official verdict from ATS on the Roderick Scott case?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lovebeck

Originally posted by thesmokingman
reply to post by VoidRonin

I dont believe the cheering is for the fact that he killed someone. I think it is because he was proven NOT GUILTY of murder, as he was defending himself while being attacked by this teenager you speak of.

Umm, wasn't Zimmerman instructed not to engage with the subject by the 911 op? If some strange guy stalked my kid, I'd hope they would fight for their life. Zimmerman disregarded the operators instruction, did what he wanted, and bit off more than he could chew. Then, like a coward, shot a teenager. An innocent teenager steps from his doorstep.

There is nothing right about what he did. You think Trayvon would be found not guilty if he had killed Zimmerman?

You say this as if you know it to be true. Last time I checked a jury of the mans peers found him NOT GUILTY. I will go ahead and believe their findings rather than"your" theory.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
One thing to think about is Martin profiled Zimmerman.....

I'm 6'5" 260 with slightly cauliflower ears and a nose that has been broken a time or two. There is no way Martin would have came up to me and attacked me because I was watching him. In Zimmerman case, he sized him up and decided he was a pudgy short brown dude and back tract to engage him.

Zimmerman put up zero fight and Martin was quickly on his chest...right where he wanted to be. This was not a punch in the nose...it was a beat down and none of us can say when it would stop. Would Zimmerman go unconscious and Martin continue to kick him in the head for good measure? We don't know because it never got to that point.

Zimmerman was following at a distance and Martin closed the gap...don't forget that.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKillah

Here is another story that spells it out:

A judge later rejected Alexander’s Stand Your Ground defense, saying that she could have escaped "through the front or back door," according to court records. Corey’s office offered a plea bargain that would have sent Alexander to prison for three years, but she rejected it, hoping to convince a jury she was defending herself.

Marissa Alexander, Mom Facing 20 Years, Shot At Abusive Husband In Anger, Prosecutor Says

And this tiny bit of information:

It took a jury 12 minutes to find her guilty.

Marissa Alexander, Florida Mom, Faces Mandatory 20 Years In Prison After Failed Stand-Your-Ground Defense

So you see, a jury, when presented with the facts of the case, found cause very quickly, there was never any doubt.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by JuniorDisco

They were not arguing. Martin flat out attacked him. It was justifiable homicide.

It doesn't make it o.k. for 2 people who are arguing to kill one another. It is not even comparable.

I didn't say it made it okay. I said it made it more likely.

You are trying to compare apples and oranges.

An argument that leads to an attack is in no way similar to someone who outright attacks you.

Yes. But the point is that the law will defend you in the latter case as well.

I’ll tell you what. Go out and try to prove your theory. Go get into an argument with someone and kill them and then tell me that they let you off for self-defense. After all if it is as easy as you say it is then there shouldn’t be a problem.

George may already have done this. That's the point.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by JuniorDisco
reply to post by butcherguy

Oookay. Glad you're not in charge, that's all I can say.

You have no idea.
Seriously.

Are you in charge? That is a worry, I must admit.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

reply to post by butcherguy

Oookay. Glad you're not in charge, that's all I can say.

You have no idea.
Seriously.

Are you in charge? That is a worry, I must admit.

No.
I just meant that you have no idea of how glad you should be.

edit on 17-7-2013 by butcherguy because: oops

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It seems to me that the MSM and TPTB behind them are (on purpose) reporting and promoting severe racial divisions etc.

Instead of promoting how we can get together and fix things; TPTB and MSM just want to divide humanity further and are promoting civil unrest and even a wider division within humanity.

My questions are...why? What are the hidden agendas here?

Will someone who is more savvy and intelligent than myself...please explain.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
It seems to me that the MSM and TPTB behind them are (on purpose) reporting and promoting severe racial divisions etc.

Instead of promoting how we can get together and fix things; TPTB and MSM just want to divide humanity further and are promoting civil unrest and even a wider division within humanity.

My questions are...why? What are the hidden agendas here?

Will someone who is more savvy and intelligent than myself...please explain.

Misery sells, happiness doesn't.

This is why news agencies always carry and promote negative stories (murder, war, etc) rather than the community that has come together to improve their collective lives (as an example).

ETA:

This knowledge makes me neither more savvy or intelligent!

edit on 19-7-2013 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JuniorDisco

Posted By Shadellac -
I’ll tell you what. Go out and try to prove your theory. Go get into an argument with someone and kill them and then tell me that they let you off for self-defense. After all if it is as easy as you say it is then there shouldn’t be a problem.

George may already have done this. That's the point.

That is a sorry excuse for a damn weak response.

You go out and do it. No one knows for sure exactly what happened so we can't say there was even an argument.

We want to know for certain. Afterall you are certain. .. . . aren't you?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

yea but he didnt shoot him!!

let me get this straight... you believe that TM racially profiled GZ...but you CANT see that GZ profiled`TM

your clutching at straws

Zimmerman was following at a distance and Martin closed the gap...don't forget that.

what???

how did you figure that out??

only evidence we have is the phone call when GZ said he would confront him

and TMs call where he said GZ was following him

anything else is opinion

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Zimmerman and Trayvon are pawns in a sociopolitical problem that creates laws allowing untrained civilians to carry deadly weapons and stand their ground. A trial isn't going to resolve the real issues. This is going to happen again as long as the public puts rights before education and moral discipline.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by Xtrozero

yea but he didnt shoot him!!

let me get this straight... you believe that TM racially profiled GZ...but you CANT see that GZ profiled`TM

your clutching at straws

what???

how did you figure that out??

only evidence we have is the phone call when GZ said he would confront him

Really where? Can you provide any evidence to support that was said? It must be your opinion.

We do have the star witness Shanteal saying Martin was home so yeah there you have it Martin closed the gap.

new topics

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join