It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak
If anything happens to Zimmerman, I am going to be really pissed.

I hope Zimmerman lives forever.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkNite

Really, you cheer the on an act of violence, and celebrate Trayvon attacking someone for asking a question?

That is sad, real sad.

Maybe a good thing will come out of this, and that is that maybe the next time some wanna be thug thinks about beating somebody up, they will remember Trayvon, and refrain themselves, and save a life, maybe their own, be that from death or a life in prison.

When people realize that you can't beat somebody up because you don't like them, then the world will be a better place.

link   
reply to post by DarkNite

He is just a lawyer though..... That is utterly insane that his defense lawyer had people threaten not only him, but his family. That is, well insane,

link   

Originally posted by Jerk_Idiot

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
So does this mean its now legal to follow, confront, fight, and kill anybody you want? . As long as your the last person standing?

Jury found him innocent.

And opened the door to a storm of moral issues.

It has ALWAYS been legal to do that! So long as it is not possible to PROVE you committed a crime.

Wow. I honestly didn't know that.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Check your own state laws properly first would be my advice........ Happy "hunting" ........

link   

Originally posted by Onslaught2996
Only in America do they think it is OK to racially profile a black kid and then be allowed to kill him.

No wonder the world can't stand that country. Yeah there is no racism in America
it is all in everyone's head.
In darkness wearing a hoodie, black kid, who could know?......................absurd opinion

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

link   
In the coverage I am watching, they have a divided screen, and are showing a gathering of people. Among then, in front of a big "End racial oppression: Justice for Trayvon" sign (complete with an "O" shaped like a hoodie...), we have, no surprise, a New Black Panther Party guy. Watch, people; this might turn ugly. They all look like they are waiting on some sign. Maybe George leaving?

Hmmmm.....might have to revise that. The banner is now being folded. Maybe more people there have better sense. We can hope! NBPP guy is still there, though, talking, though we aren't hearing his words. Anyone else getting coverage with that not muted?

link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Check your own state laws properly first would be my advice........ Happy "hunting" ........

Oh in Texas, following could get you killed.

But then again, everybody has a gun out here sooooooo, people are real nice and respectful.

edit on 13-7-2013 by PLASIFISK because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

i hope he sets records and then leaves the usa for good so he can live a normal and calm life.

the defense attorney just destroyed the racial profiling accusations it was so epic i cant even describe it as good as it was,this is why the defense won they made sense not emotional plea's

i am very glad to hear hes getting immunity for civil charges and getting his legal bills paid that means his fund raising for his legal defense will be able to be used by him as well.

defense is destroying the jentel witness and her performance its quite informative for how the defense was thinking through out the trial .and how he got the medical testimony to go the way he wanted it to

self defense case not a civil rights case that was epic
edit on 13-7-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

If I was Zimmerman I leave my mark with suing Obama for making the case into something personal and also a racial issue.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidRonin
I honestly can't believe some of the posts I've been reading.

How can you cheer on Zimmerman after he killed a 17 year old kid?

Trayvon had no weapon, and posed no threat to Zimmerman, so he was not defending himself. What < snip > is wrong with some of you?

You condone murder, you support it? Who cares if he was crucified by the media? Zimmerman deserves to rot in jail, but now it seems that something far worse will happen to him.

I'm sorry but if someone is on top of you slamming your head into the concrete curb, that is attempted murder. You have every right to defend yourself by shooting the person trying to kill you. The jury obviously felt the same way. If your mother was being attacked and someone was trying to kill her, even if the person that was trying to kill her was 17 years old, would you tell her to just sit there and take it?

Justice has been served today.

The moral of the story here is that if you are going to go around attacking people, expect that there's a possibility they may try to defend themselves and you may wind up dead.

Yes, I feel sorry for Treyvan's parents, they did lose their son. But it was his own actions that caused this. They should only be upset at their son for not living a safer lifestyle, and no one else. Would they feel the same way about their son if he had attacked a police officer and was killed rather than by Zimmerman? Should only police officers be able to kill an attacker?

Yes, George did follow Treyvan around. But George broke no laws by doing that. If I was going through a neighborhood late at night and the neighborhood watch captain was following me and on his cell phone, I know my reaction wouldn't be to attack him. Any normal, level-headed person would say hello, ask what they are doing, explain that they are not causing trouble and that there's nothing to worry about. The trouble is: Treyvan WAS up to no good. Or he just plain had no common sense.

edit on Sat Jul 13 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed code

link   
Unfortunately a segment of this society will continue to dismiss the facts that Zim was getting his face bashed in by a troubled teen who emulated the gangsta lifestyle, yelled for help 14 times and, as a last resort before being killed himself, pulled the trigger to defend his own life.

This whole incident was an unfortunate one, especially that a youth we failed lost his life. But he should not be martyred.

I pray for Zimmerman, and for Trayvon's soul.

Peace

link   
reply to post by marg6043

AGAIN, amen !!!! Listen it's been quite some time since I've actually been able to say...HOORAY! The justice system actually worked!! None should be afraid of this system, and no one should EVER just lay down and take some pathetic plea deal for FEAR of this justice system that is supposed to WORK for the innocent. It's my belief that for those that KNOW in our hearts we are innocent, we should be able to DEPEND on this justice system to PROVE that to be true!!!!!!

Too many people, every single day take deals that MAKE THEM LOOK GUILTY... instead of fighting for what we know is right, out of nothing but PURE FEAR of the consequences of fighting for what is our constitutional RIGHT as U.S. citizens!!!!! THIS IS NOT WHAT OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM STANDS FOR... HELLO???????

link   
reply to post by joeym1991

Ironically Martin (and it seems messed uop to say, but is true) was the worthless one. He was an out and out criminal at 17. Zimmerman was a good guy. He stopped a burglary, tutored black kids, watched his neighborhood, and took in a woman who had someone try to break in to her house while her and her child hid in the closet. He was a all around good guy. he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, was jumped and defended himself. The cops knew and freed him, idiots made troublr and he was arrested, evidence backed him and he's free.

link   
As someone who could care less about this trial my views on this decision are as follows. The Justice system actually worked. The prosecution was clearly banking on the emotions stirred up by the media (seriously Murder 2?). They presented an awful case and as a result lost. If there's one result I hope comes from this trial it's that Angela Corey gets replaced. She has no business practicing law at that level if she's basing her entire case around media hype.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
reply to post by litterbaux

How is it that someone who is armed kills someone who is not and still walks?

In my personal opinion - just because someone doesnt have a gun does not mean that they cannot kill/harm you. I have seen many a post about him being unarmed, but I still must say that many people harm others without any other weapons than their own 2 hands.

link   
Make note. Stand your ground doesn't apply if you're black. Even if you live in a neighborhood where there has been brake ins. So if you get stalked by an armed creepy guy he has the right to murder you.

link   
I have to edit the original sources here for the following stories as where they came from was disturbing.

And must emphatically state that I am not race bating.

For anyone who believes that this verdict was reached, and the only reason Zimmerman got off, is because the victim was black, they need to watch the trial and review all the facts. In previous posts, I alluded to a number of things that helps clear this up.

But one thing I want to point out is something about the media, political figures like Obama, Sharpton and Jackson. Since the Trayvon case, there has been a number of very shocking cases.

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -
The Columbia Police Department has arrested three men in connection with the killing of a Columbia mother of four last week.

www.wistv.com...

Gabriel Edwards, 15, faces 14 charges, including murder, robbery and auto theft. Edwards was arrested following the spree on Feb. 13. His friend, Sirquain Burr, was arrested as well.

Edwards said he met Burr, whom he calls “Six”, in January.

Both teens are accused of several robberies, a high speed chase and the death of 38-year-old John Yingling.

Read more: fox59.com...

As I mentioned, I do not want to race bait here. I want to put something in perspective. There are two issues I'd like to address.

In the two above cases, they were "black on white" crimes. All murders. All family people, mothers or fathers that were killed.

In the first case, it involved a 16 year old and two 18 year olds. In the second it involved a 17 year old and a 15 year old.

The victims were all older. The suspects, mere teenagers.

Here are the points:

1. Where are the political taking points on these cases? Obama did not mention them in any speeches. He did not say, "If I had a son he would look like ______, the teenage murderer."

1. (a) . Where is the media coverage? If you see cases like these, but then turn on your TV and see 12 hour coverage on Trayvon Martin, do you not think to yourself, "Hmm, seems like I'm being manipulated here, I'm only being told about the story that would inflame a singled out race of people, not the stories that might bring shame or force political pundits to deplore these crimes in the public eye."

and..

2. Let's ignore the fact that these teenage murderers are black in the above two cases. (Because there are criminals in ever race, creed, color, etc. Let's take into account they were either gang members, or wanna-be gang members, and portrayed themselves as "gangsta".

Now, these kids who committed murder were 18 and under. A 15 year old and a 17 year old. If the Father and the Mother who were killed in this case, instead had a gun and defended themselves, I wonder if the headlines instead would be different. And would there be a national media circus like there is in the Zimmerman case.

The fact that all cases are not treated equally in the media leaves everyone open to manipulation. It seems as though the outcome must have been clearly predictable for the people involved. They were hesitant to even file charges in the first place. Did they know the final outcome? Was this intended? To incite race hatred, this case has proven to be most effective. But what's the point? The media should be ashamed of themselves.

People who have kneejerk reactions ought to too.

One last thing I would like to say, although I highlighted two racial cases. No matter, I am not going to blame every person of that race for those actions of the people in those cases. Neither should anyone with the Zimmerman case. It's your right to voice your opinion if you don't agree with the outcome. But if you cross the line, or blame anyone else for what happened there, you are the bad guy. No one else.
edit on 13-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join