It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whatsreal
reply to post by litterbaux

I'm reading way too often the phrase "justice has been served".... but has it really?

A young kid died, no one is being held accountable.

Now the justice system did work in this case. Before you scream contradiction... let me explain. Based on the facts of the case and the laws on the books in FL, Zimmerman is not guilty of 2nd degree murder. This is truth.

However, he used lethal force on a kid who's only weapon besides his hands was a bag of skittles. There needs to be accountability for this. Zimmerman should have just taken his ass kicking like a man. He did not HAVE to follow this kid. He did not HAVE to engage him. He did not HAVE to shoot him. Those were all choices that Zimmerman made.

IMHO, he choose wrong, and a kid is dead at the hands of a man. I hardly think "Justice has been served". In fact, just the opposite happened. Zimmerman should have been held accountable. Perhaps if the state chose their charges more wisely, then maybe the phrase could have been applicable to this situation.

I wish everyone would stop talking race and just talk facts. Our President is an idiot for speaking about it at all, let alone saying something as dumb as our last president would have said "if i had a son he'd look like trayvon"... no he wouldn't... He'd look more like Carton from fresh prince, but taller.

Sorry but justice has been served with a side order of skittles and tea.
It would have been way better if Mr. Martin had a Snickers and an orange juice.
That way people who kept bringing up Snickers would sound more dippy.

All day i have been hearing skittles this and skittles that. The fact is, he would not be dead as a door nail had he not attacked a stranger in the night. gees. No personal offense to you but it's starting to sound super silly.

Oh and no evidence Mr. Zimmerman engaged Mr. Martin. On the contrary everything points to Mr. Martin engaging Mr. Zimmerman in a derogatory manor and assaulting him. I know many people wish it was not so, but that was the verdict.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
What if Tm had not been suspended from school and sent to stay for 10 days at the Green residence.

What if TM had not gone out in the rain.

What if Tm had just gone home.

What if there was no crime in the world so people do not need to worry about crime.

What if...

GZ leaving his truck and walking around wasn't illegal. Just a what if.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I really feel the need to ask one question.

For those who have injected skin color into the disscussion.

" If Zimmermans last name was , Chavez, Gonzalez , or Martinez, would it make the case any different ? "

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKillah

Which she do you mean on eye witness? There were two men and two women that come to mind on this for sworn testimony. 2 of them saw the fight in progress. 2 of them saw it only after the shot was fired.

First, the ones who saw it in progress.

Jonathan Good:

Good also testified that he saw a person in black clothing on top of another person with "white or red" clothing. He said he couldn't see faces but it looked like the person on the bottom had lighter skin. Trayvon was black, while Zimmerman identifies as Hispanic and was wearing a red jacket.

Jayne Surdyka:

Another neighbor, Jayne Surdyka, testified Wednesday that during the struggle, she saw a person in dark clothes on top of the other person. Trayvon was wearing a dark sweat shirt, and Zimmerman wore red clothing.

Then the two who saw it after the gunshot and once things had shifted from that final event.

Jonathan Manalo:

Manalo did not see the confrontation between Zimmerman and the unarmed teenager, but walked outside of his home with a flashlight moments after hearing a gunshot.

He said Zimmerman looked like he had "got his butt beat," but was "speaking clearly."

Selma Mora:

Neighbor Selma Mora testified Thursday "that after she heard what she now believes was a gunshot, she rushed outside and saw the man who survived the fight on his knees straddling Trayvon," according to The Orlando Sentinel. "That man then stood up and began pacing, she said.”

A 5th neighbor, Jennifer Lauer, was an ear witness having heard "yelps" for help, but couldn't identify who it was making the calls.

So, who was it who was so unsure about which was on top by clothing and colors, we can argue that the ones who did see it directly and clearly ...were all wrong? I see only one Witness who testified to seeing GZ on top and that was after the gunshot.

Personally, if I had just shot someone in a fight for my life, I'd also be over and on them immediately to first, insure no further threat existed, and then ...as the fight is clearly over.. render aid if at all possible. (Kinda depends on circumstance on the last part ...but I'm a bad one for compassion and empathy. I probably would help the person I just shot, once the threat was gone)

----

As far as Trayvon Martin? I suppose you've missed his Youtube appearances in his own little fight club, his history of gang banging and yes, being a druggie. That equals street wise to me and nothing, in any way contradicts that from what is a part of evidence today. What has been entered supports it, if anything.

Again, it's personal, but if I was facing a person I knew to be armed, I KNEW to be brandishing it and I felt was a TRUE threat to my life and well being? I'd NEVER lose sight of that damn gun. No matter WHAT happened after the moment I saw it and realized the intent/threat. My very LIFE would depend on that. There is no way I'd go to just 'tuning up' the guy with my fists ...when God only knows where the gun went ..and I sure don't have control of it.

Finding a lost gun by gunshot YOU are hit with is one hell of a way to learn stupidity is a fatal illness. I don't assume Trayvon to have been that stupid. I'm surprised others do.

Oh Goodness.. I left off sources. My bad.

George Zimmerman Was Beaten, Two Prosecution Witnesses Say

Who was on top in Zimmerman-Martin tussle? Witness testimony in conflict.
edit on 15-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
the fact is we only have zimmermans word to go off of and we all know he had dozens of inconsistent statements.

I would like to see these "dozens" of inconsistent statement please. In bullet form so we can count them, at least 24 as you used the plural form of dozen.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't know what they source was that I read last week, or the week before, but it was in week 1 that someone said she though Zimmerman was on top while looking out of her window. Maybe the source had it confused... IDK, but that's what I read. Could have been after the shot, but it was the same witness that said she walked away from the window after seeing the struggle.

So basically if you see a man reaching for his gun, you'd stand there and let him pull it out just so you have sight? Or you'd reach for it at the same time he was when his hands are obviously closer? Personally... I'd knock the guy to distract him from the gun while I go for it. At least, I'd have a chance to get it before he does. Forget where the gun went as long as I know it's not in his hands and pointed at me.

Maybe Zimmerman didn't reach for it, but instead simply decided to show force by lifting his shirt. We still don't know... because the person that could give us the other side of the story... a 17 year old HS student is now dead.

I also have a feeling that because of this case, we will begin to see more people killing someone and claiming self defense when there are no witnesses. Teenagers... all they have to do is stalk their enemy until the person hits them, they kill the person, and are off walking again. I feel this is opening up a dangerous loophole to society.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Had GZ not had the injuries shown he would have been found guilty. Self defense would not have been believed.

Edit;

Just my opinion had it been different
edit on 7/15/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Had tray on been anything else but black, Zimmerman may have let him be.

Had Zimmerman been anyone else but a pudgy Spanish guy Martin might have not decided to beat him...

It is obvious that Martin had the physical advantage no matter how many times the press showed his picture when he was 13. I'm 6'5" 270 pounds white guy... I don't think Martin would have attacked me, ever, but here he decided he had the upper hand all the way.

No no no, less not forgot Zimmerman was looking for Trayvon

Deflection. Stop it.

Pardan my intrusion.....
You know in a court of law semantics do count.
Mr. Zimmerman was looking to see where Mr. Martin was going. That is not the same as looking for Mr. Martin.
this is why everyone in a trial has to be very sure how they speak and what they say.

Looking for, is more like hunting down.
Looking to see where he was going, is just observing.

Oh and Mr. Zimmerman in no way restrained Mr. Martin. He was free to go on his way, but decided it might be fun to jump some guy in the dark. I am glad Mr. Zimmerman was found not guilty.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Had GZ not had the injuries shown he would have been found guilty. Self defense would not have been believed.

Edit;

Just my opinion had it been different
edit on 7/15/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

this is probably true .. even though you don't need to have those injuries to claim self defense .. but they would've nailed him since he's the one initiated the incident(not talking about the physical fight) and so that would've been too much to overcome .. 'you followed him and you have no injuires and he's dead ?' wouldn't have gone down well with the jury

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I am not going to give my opinion about the ruling on George Zimmerman's case. However, I will say that someone needs to look into how Angela Corey is charging defendants. She doesn't seem to have a clear concept of what "Beyond A Reasonable Doubt" means.

Angela Corey's office needs to be investigated for malicious prosecution and she personally should be disbarred from ever practicing law ever again anywhere in the United States IMO. She continues to over charge defendants and has been doing this for years. Angela Corey, is a disgrace to the entire legal system!

Here are some of Corey's cases:

13 yr old Christian Fernandez

Maris sa Alexander, 20 years for firing a warning shot

Ronald Thompson

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

So in other words, if I sock you in the face and you have a gun you've got the right to shoot me, even though I have no weapon? Who's the weeny, me or you? Who was more scared of an ass whopping, me or you? Zimmerman was clearly alot bigger than Martin, you mean tell me he couldn't just knock the boy out and called it good?

If I might interject....
Clearly Mr. Martin was bigger than Mr. Zimmerman, fact proven in court.
If anyone was to commit a felony assault by punching me in the face, I would shoot my attacker. I would be glad to be the weeny that is still alive looking down on a dead one. if everyone did it we would soon run out of attackers. the world would be a better place.

I support the verdict of not guilty for Mr. Zimmerman.
I know it is hard for tough guys to believe but the days of beating on someone is over. Tough guys will die of lead poisoning. All that wasted time working out to be big and tough, and all the time on the shooting range, kind of an eye opener for some, armed people have always known it.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
reply to post by PLASIFISK

I've been followed by weirdos and normal people before. What I didn't do was attack them or start crap with them. I'd first find out what the issue was before becoming confrontational. And I carry a gun, so I am armed. So far, haven't had anything bad happen. A couple of creeps, a concerned citizen, a few panhandlers. But I dealt with the situations rationally and confidently.

If you are a rational, decent person, you do not go and aggressively confront people without a solid reason. Simply being followed is not a good reason to get nasty. Only if there is a sign that the person following you means you harm.

All the evidence I've seen (including the 911 call) points to Trayvon being an idiot and getting pissy with Zimmerman instead of finding out what was up.

So how do you know if a person following you means you harm?

Wait and see what they do to you first?

Either way Trayvon was gonna die that nigh. Zimmerman had had enough with the break in's and dudes getting away with it. He needed to make an example out of somebody.

Mission accomplished.
edit on 14-7-2013 by PLASIFISK because: (no reason given)

I watched the live stream through the whole trial and saw nothing even come close to any of that come into evidence. I agree with the verdict of not guilty. It seems we will still have those guilty of delusional thought though.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by miconATSrender

I support the verdict of not guilty for Mr. Zimmerman.
I know it is hard for tough guys to believe but the days of beating on someone is over. Tough guys will die of lead poisoning. All that wasted time working out to be big and tough, and all the time on the shooting range, kind of an eye opener for some, armed people have always known it.

Yes the days of starting a fight with someone then losing it and shooting them is beginning. The days of cowards and overweight couch potatoes. The days of the sissified American male. Soon breaking in line at the grocery store or stealing someones parking spot at walmart will trigger a gun fight instead of a fist fight because well people are scared to use there fists. Bullets flying everywhere in the parking lot killing innocent people all cause two people got in a minor argument and used there guns and not fists cause thats the way things are handled now.

The big tough guy can pull a trigger just as easy as you, so when you START a fight with him, just remember that cowboy.
edit on 15-7-2013 by bruteforce13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

If anyone was to commit a felony assault by punching me in the face, I would shoot my attacker.

Punching someone in the face is usually a misdemeanor unless the person either has multiple misdemeanor assault charges or uses a weapon such as brass knuckles, a brick, or something of that nature. You're saying you'd kill someone over a misdemeaner... meaning it's likely that your life weren't threatened enough to kill according to the courts. Just so you know to think twice before this actually happens if you look at someone's girl at a bar and he punches you.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Nice, whoever called it in that Zimmerman trial thread was right. A juror is writing a book about the case.

www.facebook.com...

Sharlene Martin said “this is a highly controversial and important case that affects many aspects of the law: “Stand Your Ground,” gun control laws, and of course race relations in the United States.” My hope is that people will read Juror B37’s book, written with her attorney husband, and understand the commitment it takes to serve and be sequestered on a jury in a highly publicized murder trial and how important, despite one’s personal viewpoints, it is to follow the letter of the law. It could open a whole new dialogue about laws that may need to be revised and revamped to suit a 21st century way of life. The reader will also learn why the jurors had no option but to find Zimmerman Not Guilty due to the manner in which he was charged and the content of the jury instructions.

Martin, no stranger to representing controversial books has also handled the NY Times Best Seller IF I DID by the Goldman Family, NY Times Bestseller IMPOSSIBLE ODDS: The Kidnapping of Jessica Buchanan and Her Dramatic Rescue by SEAL Team Six (Atria), NY Times Bestseller HONOR BOUND by Raffaele Sollecito (Gallery) and soon to be released PICTURE PERFECT: The Jodi Arias Story by Shanna Hogan (St. Martin’s).

I'll be looking forward to this and the book that Mark O'Mara said he was writing.
edit on 15-7-2013 by AlexG141989 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Well I guess if your a woman, you gotta do what you gotta do. Height means nothing, go back and look at the original photos and tell me who had the size advantage. Zimmerman must have been soft as cotton if he thought the only way to take him down was by shooting. Zimmerman was 21, Martin was 17. Are 21 year old's really that soft these days, lol.

Remember 21 is the legal age to carry a gun. Soft, hard, tall, short, male female, what ever.
So punks and thugs and brain dead steroid popping scum are on notice. woo hoo

I agree with the verdict of not guilty. Justice has been done.

Oh and remember some people might not stop at one clean shot. Mr. Zimmerman showed great restraint.

the original photos show a 10 year old little boy, and a full screen closeup of Mr. Zimmerman, are those the original photos you speak of?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

This is the kind of bravado that gives gun owners a bad name and makes everyone think we are cowboys with a god complex cause we own a gun and go to the shooting range weekly.

I take pride in owning a gun and being able to shoot it efficiently.

I take even more pride in knowing im fit and can handle myself without a gun against most unarmed men...
edit on 15-7-2013 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKillah

If anyone was to commit a felony assault by punching me in the face, I would shoot my attacker.

Punching someone in the face is usually a misdemeanor unless the person either has multiple misdemeanor assault charges or uses a weapon such as brass knuckles, a brick, or something of that nature. You're saying you'd kill someone over a misdemeaner... meaning it's likely that your life weren't threatened enough to kill according to the courts. Just so you know to think twice before this actually happens if you look at someone's girl at a bar and he punches you.

Done with an intent to commit a serious crime or a felony; done with an evil heart or purpose; malicious; wicked; villainous. An aggravated assault, such as an assault with an intent to murder, is a felonious assault. A simple assault, such as one done with an intent to frighten, is not felonious

legal-dictionary

Martin told Zimmerman he was going to kill him.

If you are going to say that it is Zimmerman's word against a dead person's.... well, maybe Trayvon shouldn't have thrown a punch to begin with, and went straight home to his father's girlfriend's home where he was staying.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Originally posted by Whatsreal
reply to post by TKDRL

Um... this is hugely flawed logic on your part. Zimmerman followed Martin, not the other way around. He was taking a risk, and it turned out badly for him.

Comparing Zimmerman to a rape victim is beyond moronic. A rape victim doesn't go out looking for rapist. And that woman (or man, men can be raped too) has every right to defend herself (or himself).

Zimmerman went after what appeared to him to be a suspicious looking individual. Things went south, he took a KIDS life. Lets not forget the fact that Martin wasn't even old enough to vote.

Yeah, and the woman was outside alone at night, she took a huge risk and it ended badly for her.

Assault victims don't go out looking for a thug to beat them. He was walking around his own neighborhood.

Kid or not, he assaulted and battered another person. He signed his own death warrant. What do you want Zimmerman to do, card him before he shoots?
edit on Sun, 14 Jul 2013 01:52:08 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Hey did you catch that the prosecution even pulled the,
(he did not even try to render any aid to the child, what a bad person he must be) trick.

Ya like Mr. Zimmerman was going to give mouth to mouth or any aid to the punk who just tried to beat him to death.
how stupid was that? gees
I agree with the not guilty verdict.

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join