It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKillah

Oh... I do understand that the right for Martin to defend himself against a creepy man should apply to how he reacted and why he proceeded to beat the crap of Zimmerman. Apparently nobody really cares that this could have lead to a gruesome and deadly situation with a creepy child molesting freak attacking two innocent children in their residence had Zimmerman not been Zimmerman but actually a "creepy" man. The problem is Martin isn't even alive to tell his mindset in why he chose to defend himself... because the "creepy" man killed him and is now walking away... free of charge. It's completely dispicable.

So if you’re walking down the street at night and a creepy man is following you, you believe you have the right to attack that person???

I’m afraid that mentality would have gotten you killed that night, too. Rightfully so!

You DO NOT have the right to assault someone because you’re scared or because you think he is creepy!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Funny how his phone call with his girlfriend didn't reflect that oppressive fear. You went home and called the cops, he decided to assault someone.

I went home because I had parents there. Had it only been my little bother at home, I can assure you that I would not be taking the chance of that stalker finding out that there were two boys, no parents, night time, and we were in "this" house. I would have at all cost attempted to ensure that he did not find my little brother... PERIOD.

I get scared of movies... doesn't mean my voice tells you that I'm scared.

Originally posted by Grimpachi

How can you in the same post accuse others for distorting the facts while you yourself are distorting the very meaning of stalking?

Either you are having a hard time with the definition and letter of the law with stalking or you are intentionally obfuscating it to fit your agenda either way you are just plain wrong.

They tried to throw every charge they could at George and if they could they would have used stalking but it does not fit. The way you are using it every person on the highway would be guilty.

I'm accusing him of distorting Zimmerman's actions... not the facts. The facts remain the same. The fact is that Zimmerman followed him. Zimmerman's action on the otherhand were that of a stalking and harassing behavior.

How do we know that Martin didn't respond to Zimmerman saying "I live here" or "none of your business". Oh... that's right... we will never know because the creepy man killed him, Martin can't speak for himself, and there are not witnesses to hear or see anything.

Every person on the highway does not have the intention of stopping me, approaching me, or anything else. They are trying to get to their own destination... not to my destination. Zimmerman did... he followed, ran after, and confronted him. If someone were to follow me to my residence, with intentions of approaching me, s/he would be stalking me.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Zimmerman did... he followed, ran after, and confronted him.

What law did Zimmerman break in doing so?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

But he WAS being followed, he didn't just "think" he was being followed, he was. And Martin could have feared for his life just as equally as Zimmerman...

Do you think a jury would believe someone 'feared for their life' simply because someone was following?? GZ said nothing to him and had no weapon in his hand! Why would the 6ft tall MMA student be scared of a pudgy little guy following him?

GZ didn’t fear for his life and use dealy force until TM reached for his gun and said, “You’re gonna die tonight.” Until that moment, deadly force might not have been justified.

I think some people are outraged simply because they don’t understand the law or the actual events of that night.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Oh... I do understand that the right for Martin to defend himself against a creepy man should apply to how he reacted and why he proceeded to beat the crap of Zimmerman. Apparently nobody really cares that this could have lead to a gruesome and deadly situation with a creepy child molesting freak attacking two innocent children in their residence had Zimmerman not been Zimmerman but actually a "creepy" man. The problem is Martin isn't even alive to tell his mindset in why he chose to defend himself... because the "creepy" man killed him and is now walking away... free of charge. It's completely dispicable.

So if you’re walking down the street at night and a creepy man is following you, you believe you have the right to attack that person???

I’m afraid that mentality would have gotten you killed that night, too. Rightfully so!

You DO NOT have the right to assault someone because you’re scared or because you think he is creepy!

I believe that I have the right to ask that person "why are you following me" which we clearly hear Martin ask. I then believe that if I'm already scared because I was being stalked... and I see a gun, which Zimmerman obviously had, and that person that was following me is not a police officer, that I should not take the risk of wasting anymore time and should defend myself by taking an offensive stance in the matter.

I'm saying that we don't know whether Zimmerman accidently, or purposely made his weapon visible... and we will never know Martin's side of the story. I'm saying that Zimmerman could have easily lied saying that his events are correct, when for all me know he could have went to pull his gun on Martin initially when Martin asked "why are you following me". Martin could have attacked in self defense of a man reaching for a gun. But we will never know... Martin's dead and his killer walks.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

But he WAS being followed, he didn't just "think" he was being followed, he was. And Martin could have feared for his life just as equally as Zimmerman...

Do you think a jury would believe someone 'feared for their life' simply because someone was following?? GZ said nothing to him and had no weapon in his hand! Why would the 6ft tall MMA student be scared of a pudgy little guy following him?

GZ didn’t fear for his life and use dealy force until TM reached for his gun and said, “You’re gonna die tonight.” Until that moment, deadly force might not have been justified.

I think some people are outraged simply because they don’t understand the law or the actual events of that night.

Get your facts straight... Zimmerman was training MMA... not Martin.

Yes... I do believe that a grown man following a teenager is creepy and scary. It happened to me!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

The system worked the way it's supposed to. The fact that TM's witness wasn't reliable isn't GZ's fault. When you tell the truth you don't have to try hard to keep your story straight.

I agree the system worked the way it's supposed to - which is to protect people like Zimmerman when they kill people like Martin.

I should have clarified: I meant eyewitness. Zimmerman made his story the most plausible - although it was highly implausible, and I completely disagree that he kept it straight - by ensuring it was the only one. As someone said, the lesson of this case is that in any confrontation, make sure you kill the counterparty. To me that's problematic, but I know not everyone finds it so.

Of course they are calling for restraint. If they called for violence they would lose their soapbox. I'm glad they at least got that right. However, they're also continuing to stoke the flames by appealing to the DOJ to keep going after GZ. The trial is over. Most people would move on but Sharpton and Jackson aren't done shamelessly milking this issue for personal gain. The jury ruled. The issue should be over.

I don't know if it's for personal gain or not. What I do know is that Fox et al's implication that Sharpton and Jackson were or would agitate for violence was proven to be nonsense.

Can one glibly say the issue should be over? Perhaps. But a lot of people find it problematic and if it's over for Zimmerman perhaps it shouldn't necessarily be over in terms of revisiting the culture and rule book that allowed it to happen.

link   

Dont you know everything out of Zimmermans mouth is the 100% truth!? “You’re gonna die tonight.” No witnesses to it being said or tape recording. Just believe everything GZ says 100% LOL

I dont think this was said its way way to specific and no better words could have been said to justify GZ shooting TM. How convenient.

link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Zimmerman did... he followed, ran after, and confronted him.

What law did Zimmerman break in doing so?

What law did Martin break... according to Martin's side of the story is my point! He can't speak for himself... because what he believes is a "creepy" man killed him!!! Did Zimmerman reach for his gun because he was scared of this 6 foot guy asking "why are you following me"? Not that we know of... but that's only because we only heard one side of the story, and witnesses that didn't see the initial start!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I believe the 'facts' are that MMA came up in trial testimony by the eyewitness to the beating Zimmerman was taking on the ground. He described Trayvon's style of attack as "Ground and Pound", similar to an MMA move seen on TV I guess. I'm not MMA by any stretch or even passing interest...so I'll take people's word on this for what the full meaning is in physical action.

However, it's meaningful that the reference I saw in trial was to Martin by a testifying witness in relation to MMA and not Zimmerman.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
edit on 15-7-2013 by bruteforce13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I believe that I have the right to ask that person "why are you following me" which we clearly hear Martin ask. I then believe that if I'm already scared because I was being stalked... and I see a gun, which Zimmerman obviously had, and that person that was following me is not a police officer, that I should not take the risk of wasting anymore time and should defend myself by taking an offensive stance in the matter.

He didn’t see the gun. You’re grasping at straws.

I'm saying that we don't know whether Zimmerman accidently, or purposely made his weapon visible... and we will never know Martin's side of the story. I'm saying that Zimmerman could have easily lied saying that his events are correct, when for all me know he could have went to pull his gun on Martin initially when Martin asked "why are you following me". Martin could have attacked in self defense of a man reaching for a gun. But we will never know... Martin's dead and his killer walks.

A lot of things COULD have happened but a jury of 6 heard the evidence and the case is closed. Justice was served. You can’t convict someone on what COULD have happened.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

SO not only do we have to worry about power hungry corrupt trigger happy cops we now gotta worry about these CCW people now who will never admit it but are itching to use there toys on a real person.

You went off the deep end here. Really not much use replying anymore, your agenda seems obvious. You hate gun owners, you hate that people are allowed to carry a gun and protect themselves.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

No i own guns but i go 100% out of my way to avoid trouble. If i looked out my house window in my neighborhood tonight and saw someone walking the street at 3 am looking shady Id call the cops and stay inside my house. I wouldnt run out and confront them like Dirty Harry.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bruteforce13

This is rather how I feel about it. A lot of gun advocates seem to think they portray themselves as businesslike and uncompromising - "If someone starts something I'll finish it" etc - but in fact they just sound like creepy wannabe macho try hards.

They also forget (and this case shows this in spades) that guns don't simplify stuff. They complicate things. The idea that a moral actor can end a dangerous situation through the use of a gun and a brave act of will is a function of the false authority a gun brings to people's attitudes. In fact the introduction of a firearm into many situations makes them messier and more likely to veer towards tragedy.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JosephPalasky
I think if they want to prove that the reason behind the victims death was because of race than they'll have to prove that Zimmerman has had a history of violence and hate towards African-Americans and then maybe they'd have a reason to push that argument.

The fact that Zimmerman is so angry should be an indication of the indignation he must feel for being portrayed by the media as being some ignorant KKK member. Which he wasn't. At least that's how they make it sound.

I think there is more evidence to suggest that there are some with agendas of their own, which has absolute nothing to do with this boys death, behind the scenes trying to distort the truth in turn this into a racial debate.

This has NOTHING to with race whatsoever.

A teenager was shot and killed because he was suspected of being up to no good and when confronted assaulted Mr Zimmerman at which point Zimmerman retaliated. Its very sad that young life was lost, but mistakes happen and Zimmerman will be reminded of it for the rest of his life. I think that's punishment enough.

I can't believe this thread has gained so much attention.

edit on 14-7-2013 by JosephPalasky because: (no reason given)

you say TM assaulted Zimmerman.....then why did the autopsy FIND NO DNA from Zimmerman on TM's body???????....if TM grabbed Zimmerman's head and bashed it against the cement, there would be DNA, if TM slugged Zimmerman in the nose and broke it, there would be DNA on TM's hands

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
we need to accept the verdict, the fact is there was not enough evidence or witnesses that saw the whole event to convict. we only had zimmermans testimony which had more holes than a block of swiss cheese to go by. according to florida law that was the right verdict and we have to live w it just like the oj case, casey anthony and the first rodney king trial. now the fed might take zimbo to court so he's not completely out of the woods yet and we must accept the outcome of that trial as well.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

you say TM assaulted Zimmerman.....then why did the autopsy FIND NO DNA from Zimmerman on TM's body???????....if TM grabbed Zimmerman's head and bashed it against the cement, there would be DNA, if TM slugged Zimmerman in the nose and broke it, there would be DNA on TM's hands

What on Earth are you suggesting in this? There were two separate and unrelated eyeball witnesses to the physical damage Trayvon did to Zimmerman. One watched in real time as the blows were being delivered with Zimmerman on the ground getting pounded ..the other arrived right after the gunshot and before Zimmerman even had time to dust himself off and get up.

Both testified under Oath that Zimmerman took a visible physical beating, as well as testimony by the EMT who treated Zimmerman on the scene and before cops talked to him.

The fact he was beaten is beyond question or doubt. Medical, witness and photographic evidence all show it clearly and as a simple point of fact, not conjecture. The debate seems to be how that came about happening, not whether it happened at all.
edit on 15-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

He didn’t see the gun. You’re grasping at straws.

I guess you were standing beside Zimmerman to know that he didn't reach for the gun when Martin approached? You don't know what happened... like bruteforce13 said, take Zimmerman's word for 100% accuracy.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Double

edit on 15-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join