It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I've hated this trial since day one because it was just a distraction to lure us away from more pressing issues (Syria, Egypt, NSA spying and Edward Snowden among others.)

So someone shot a guy who was unarmed...It happens all the time in America, but the reason why this one made all the hoopla was because a "white" guy shot an African-American guy and opened up a bottle of whine for the African-Americans to show that white people are still jerks.

And sadly it's true, and we can be PC all we want, but...Everyone's a little bit racist.

That's my take on it.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Let's not forget the media allowed the black panthers to put a hit out on the guy with a price tag attached. About as low as can get.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

This isn't about race - it's about stupidity and self-obsession. It's about our societies love of killing (except the unborn).

I can't be resonable on this issue - it disgusts me and shames me to live in such a world.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

There is a difference in profiling and stereotyping, but let's also keep in mind that profiling is not any more illegal than following is.

Police, FBI, CIA, NSA, all profile, all the time. We all steroetype, every day. This is what is known as "first impressions".

When police do it, it is known in legal terms as a basis for a Terry Stop, a stop and frisk, based on a reasonable and articulable suspicion, as outlined by the 4th Amendment of the Constitution, that a crime is about to take place.

In other words, a person behaving in a suspicious manner. This is what George said, and had the police arrived only 2 minutes sooner, would have been the exact grounds for a Terry Stop on Trayvon. None of this was illegal, and in fact, as I pointed out, is a Constitutional right.

The Obama admin, supported by Holder and others in the higher levels of government have been launching attacks on the Constitution, is it any shock they are going after the 4th covertly, now?

edit on 14-7-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
How to get away with murder 101 in American Justice System:

1) Follow someone you might think is dangerous.

2) Engage them and kill them if situation gets worse.

3) Claim self defense.

4) Claim you are mixed race and or get the majority of one race to your side.

5) Hope you "coincidently" get lucky with Jury.

6) ???

7) Not guility!

Edit: Gotta love all the people that are praising the justice system now.. but hell bent against it before... sure this has nothing to with racism..
... yeah...praise the justice system until another case comes along which doesn't suit you.

Be a man and stick to it!
edit on 7/13/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

You obviosuly did not read the facts...

1. Follow someone who looks suspicious. When Trayvon was suspended they found 15+ pieces of woman's jewelry in his backpack along with a large flathead screwdriver.. So your right there. This little thug WAS breaking into houses afterall.. Imagine what he would do to a homeowner behind closed doors let alone what he did in public/plain view..

2. Keep and eye on them, as witness's and police tesitimony say, and then return back to your vehicle, as which he did before he was ambushed.

3. Claim Self defense which it was... period.

Abw

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GermanShep
This little thug WAS breaking into houses afterall..

So your OK with "finding the facts" after the Sentence has been passed down.

I guess that whole thing in Our Legal System about, "innocent till proven guilty" is just a mesh - mash of words to you.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

I'm sorry, but the "It's a distraction" argument is getting so tiring.

You are really inferring that people are too stupid to think about or talk about more than one subject at a time. Yet, you listed the 3 major WH issues that were hot topics prior to the trial. You do realize Zimmerman was discussed before the trial took place, right?

Guess what? People were able to discuss all 3 of those topics at once, why is one more a "distraction"? And all the while, I bet those interested still discussed Zimmerman.

In reality, it is not. It is just something perhaps that you do not want to be bothered with, so fine, don't be.

However, there are people out there that cared about such things as the underlying civil rights violations, not by George, but by the Feds against George. He has an excellent case against them, as well as the State of Fla., and multiple media outlets for malicious prosecution, libel, slander, and personal injury.

Believe it or not, while we ponder the mishaps of the IRS, we should NOT let these other factors go undiscussed, or be brushed off as a "distraction", they are anything but.

This implied "racism" was actually planned and funded by our government.

The 4th Amendment is under covert attack.

The Civil Rights of all whites and "white looking" people are now under attack, because now, we should not get out of our cars if there is a black person walking by, lest they attack us, and we feel our life is in danger and we must defend ourselves. Yet, black on black crime is brushed under the carpet in Chicago, and barely even investigated anymore.

Believe it or not, these topics affect everyone, and it is an insult to say that we can only have linear thinking, then go on to list the 3 topics YOU find most important.

Why personally, I bet I could converse intelligently on 20 or more topics.

I also noticed that the New Topics firehose did not come to a standstill, nor did the MSM. Lots of other things were discussed, so perhaps the only one really distracted was you?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rainprincess64

Man that IS scary, Obama talking DOJ involvement. The feds have no business what-so-ever of getting involved with this! Wouldn't that be double jeopardy if they attempt to re-try GZ? I will lose what tiny sliver of respect and hope I have for our government if that happens. That will go too far. I think it might end up sparking a different kind of backlash than they expect!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by GermanShep
This little thug WAS breaking into houses afterall..

So your OK with "finding the facts" after the Sentence has been passed down.

I guess that whole thing in Our Legal System about, "innocent till proven guilty" is just a mesh - mash of words to you.

Unless I misunderstood, this was discovered and written about, as a cover-up of Trayvons crimes was handled by two police departments and his school. This was no secret, it was just kept out of court and the trial.

The items Trayvon was in possession of were discovered to match items that were stolen from a house two blocks from his school. So either way, he was the one who stole them, or in possession of stolen property, a crime to which he did not have to answer for, because the police covered it up.

Hopefully, because the police report was discovered, the rightful owners of the jewelry got it back.

Trayvon boasted he had 14 stacks on Facebook and twitter. Where does a 16, just turned 17 year old, come up with 14 THOUSAND dollars?

One must ask these questions. They really should.

One must also ask about the ongoing and forced Baker Acting of children in Florida. You either get in the back of the cop car, or enter the diversionary program.

Most of all, one should ask why the police and schools feel the need to munge their crime statistics by Baker Acting kids. And one should ask why the law no states that for every child of color, or minority that is arrested, a white child must be punished for a crime.

Lots of questions that need asking, but people keep focusing on areas that are answered by law.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
reply to post by neo96

eh i think by not being guilty in court hes allowed to reap benefits and royalties for any stories about his life,i also think hes gonna sue the media and get a good chunk of change and if wise take his money and move to mexico or some small tropical island and leave the usa behind as a dark mark on his past

Until his record is expunged and record clear he can't.

He has to petition the court, and if he is smart never pick up a gun ever again which by law until his record is clear he can't legally do.

I don't think that is correct . He has no record for this . He wasn't convicted of a crime .

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by blockhead
reply to post by rainprincess64

Man that IS scary, Obama talking DOJ involvement. The feds have no business what-so-ever of getting involved with this! Wouldn't that be double jeopardy if they attempt to re-try GZ? I will lose what tiny sliver of respect and hope I have for our government if that happens. That will go too far. I think it might end up sparking a different kind of backlash than they expect!

Obama and the DOJ have been involved from the beginning. The Federal government, under the guise of the CRS, funded and instigated the Trayvon rallies and marches. Proof was discovered and posted at numerous websites and articles, obtained from Freedom of Information documents obtained by Judicial Watch.

theconservativetreehouse.com...

Here is also a very detailed, step by step breakdown of how it happened, and who was involved, including the New Black Panthers, who put out a Wanted Dead or Alive poster and flier at these government funded rallies.

All the while contesting they wanted any violence, or any connection to TNBP, there are photos at that link proving the lies. Photos of Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, at rallies with TNBP, holding the fliers and signs.

Yeah, no violence, never involved.

The photos and truth speaks for itself!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I remember seeing on a couple of news cast reports of this trial, that the judge would not allow any current photographs of Trayvon, nor any of the reports of his thuggery. Sounds like the judge was a ring leader in the push to make Trayvon's appearance look so innocent and George a monster.

The prosecution also had offered the defense the option of reducing the charge to manslaughter for the trial, and George's team wisely declined and said they will go to trial with the murder 2 charge.

It was a kangaroo court from the get go...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythots

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
reply to post by neo96

eh i think by not being guilty in court hes allowed to reap benefits and royalties for any stories about his life,i also think hes gonna sue the media and get a good chunk of change and if wise take his money and move to mexico or some small tropical island and leave the usa behind as a dark mark on his past

Until his record is expunged and record clear he can't.

He has to petition the court, and if he is smart never pick up a gun ever again which by law until his record is clear he can't legally do.

I don't think that is correct . He has no record for this . He wasn't convicted of a crime .

You are correct. He is legal to go today, if he wants, to buy a gun, get a passport, and leave the country if he wants. I would, if I were him, and let his attorneys handle his huge payday that is coming, and wire the money to his offshore account, become an expat, and give this country the finger. George is going to be a very rich man once he gets done with the likes of MNBC, CBS, the state of Fla. Et al.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

But then all that money will be tied up in the pending civil suit that TM's parents are going to chase.

he might not even receive a dime.

I hope he does though. what the media did to him, and was the cause for him losing his freedom for a year I really hope he does.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

They can't sue him.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ezwip
Let's not forget the media allowed the black panthers to put a hit out on the guy with a price tag attached. About as low as can get.

At rallies funded by the CRS, the secret government agency sent by Holder and Obama.

Those in presence of these government rallies:

Al Sharpton
Jessie Jackson
Benjamin Crump and Associates

Photos with proof at link.

theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

George is going to be a very rich man once he gets done with the likes of MNBC, CBS, the state of Fla. Et al.

Actually, I think he's going to lie very low for a while until no one remembers his name. It will only take a couple of years based on this news cycle. I don't really thing there is any money to be made off of this one.

The media will find someone else in the mean time.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

But then all that money will be tied up in the pending civil suit that TM's parents are going to chase.

he might not even receive a dime.

I hope he does though. what the media did to him, and was the cause for him losing his freedom for a year I really hope he does.

The "Martin Family" now have a foundation to protect. If they go after George, all the stuff kept out the criminal trial will come out, unredacted. There will likely be no protection in civil court, and trust me, they don't want any of it, not even the redacted texts and tweets, to come out. It would "tarnish" his image, remember?

Hot air.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

George is going to be a very rich man once he gets done with the likes of MNBC, CBS, the state of Fla. Et al.

Actually, I think he's going to lie very low for a while until no one remembers his name. It will only take a couple of years based on this news cycle. I don't really thing there is any money to be made off of this one.

The media will find someone else in the mean time.

Seriously? The suit against MNBC, which went back into action right after the verdict, will net him millions. They will likely settle for an undisclosed amount, but if he wants, he can press the issue and go for the gold.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join