It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by InstantRemedy

Not really. There is a thread on that murder here, on ATS. Check it out.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

No if I was followed in a suspicious manner than I too could have attacked that idiot. I don't like getting followed by anyone unless they have a warrant first.

Then you are a dangerously impulsive person. Initiating physical violence should be the last option, when the danger is clear, imminent and unavoidable. Not the first. Someone merely following you is not enough. For all you know, he wants to ask what time is it or borrow a phone.

Trayvon was a hothead who did not want to avoid violent confrontation, but actively instigated it by assaulting Zimmerman merely because he followed him, even though he could just run away to his home if he truly feared for his safety, so he was not in imminent danger (you generally dont confront something you claim you fear, but avoid it unless you really do not have a choice). From that moment, it is a clear case of self-defense to me.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Florida's manslaughter law states:

(1) The killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or culpable negligence of another, without lawful justification according to the provisions of chapter 776 and in cases in which such killing shall not be excusable homicide or murder, according to the provisions of this chapter, is manslaughter, a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Source

This describes what is Culpable Negligence per Florida law.

Chapter 776

776.012 Use of force in defense of person.—A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:
(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony;...

Source

So the state would have had a tough time trying to prove that Zimmerman acted with culpable negligence as well the pictures showing the damage to Zimmerman's head and face which 776.012 seems to allow force in self defense. I believe this is why the jury asked for the official definition of manslaughter, and even that didn't fit.

I'm sure civil suits will be filed which the outcome will be different.

My question is didn't Trayvon have the same rights when Zimmerman was following him as per 776.012?
edit on 14-7-2013 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2013 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The real crime that overshadows the unfortunate death of a human being, is the death of the rule of law in this country by the media and politicians. For over 5 years now, the current administration has used the race card to divide this country. Instead of bringing people of different backgrounds together, this administration has sought to divide and conquer. The president never should have made comments about his case prior to the trial, and after the trial. He is supposed to have a law degree, and yet, his comments make it clear that he didn't learn much in law school about the charges Zimmerman had brought against him. The jury had no choice but to find him not guilty of the charges. Any lawyer worth their salt would agree.
The fact that the media had convicted in the court of public opinion is another crime against our country, as they continue to divide this country into two camps. I wonder what the reaction would have been if the victim had been white, and the accused had been black, and the accused was acquitted. Would whites riot on the streets as blacks have done in California:
hosted.ap.org...
There is a double standard in this country. If people wish to live by the law of the land, then they need to first UNDERSTAND the law of the land, and abide by its verdicts. If they believe that the law is unjust, then they should become involved in changing such laws. Failing that, this country will certainly fall into a chaotic disaster, in which bloodshed will become the norm, when verdicts don't agree with what the MSM and the political shills want.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

The need to know the Law of the land of Florida or whatever jurisdiction they are under.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
I wonder what hes handing his attorney???

I was thinking the same thing last night, I knew someone would see it and post it. I have no idea what that was, but as I read through all these pages, I hope to see some good ideas.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Honestly, who cares? This is a big fat distraction of an event, taking place at the exact same time very important things are happening.. I mean really, it's one person murdered allegedly, and that's nothing when you consider the bigger picture taking place.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm glad that Zimmerman was found not guilty; however, I read this article on Yahoo and I must say I am rather troubled by Obama's response (wants to press civil rights charges against Zimmerman):

"Experienced federal prosecutors will determine whether the evidence reveals a prosecutable violation of any of the limited federal criminal civil rights statutes within our jurisdiction, and whether federal prosecution is appropriate in accordance with the Department's policy governing successive federal prosecution following a state trial," the Justice Department said.

Justice Department to press charges against Zimmerman?
edit on 7/14/13 by rainprincess64 because: Editing link

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I think if they want to prove that the reason behind the victims death was because of race than they'll have to prove that Zimmerman has had a history of violence and hate towards African-Americans and then maybe they'd have a reason to push that argument.

The fact that Zimmerman is so angry should be an indication of the indignation he must feel for being portrayed by the media as being some ignorant KKK member. Which he wasn't. At least that's how they make it sound.

I think there is more evidence to suggest that there are some with agendas of their own, which has absolute nothing to do with this boys death, behind the scenes trying to distort the truth in turn this into a racial debate.

This has NOTHING to with race whatsoever.

A teenager was shot and killed because he was suspected of being up to no good and when confronted assaulted Mr Zimmerman at which point Zimmerman retaliated. Its very sad that young life was lost, but mistakes happen and Zimmerman will be reminded of it for the rest of his life. I think that's punishment enough.

I can't believe this thread has gained so much attention.

edit on 14-7-2013 by JosephPalasky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sqorpius
Zimmerman should have gotten some kind of punishment for being stupid. He was a neighborhood watch participant not a cop. He should not have been carrying, and if he was too afraid not to, then he should have stayed home. I don't have an opinion on who started the fight, Zim or Travon, and I really don't care . I just know that this whole fiasco was created by Zimmerman and he should be held accountable somehow. Then again, although free, he is a hunted man the rest of his life. That, I guess, will be his punishment.

I will never understand people with your views. So you really only want the police to have guns?
All the evidence points to Mr. Martin creating this whole fiasco.

He could have not came back to the T in the walkway after running away for 4 minutes or he could have said good evening heck of a rain to get caught in. Not you got a problem?" "no i don't have a problem." "you do now!" !punch!. he hit a man who was not doing anything, as far as Mr. Martin knew he was out looking for his dog or cat. First real contact was violence from Mr. Martin. So really it seems Mr. Martin committed a felony assault and suicide all in one go.
If Mr. Zimmerman is being hunted we all know it will be by wannabe gangsters who deserve the same fate as Mr. Martin. Then will it be self defense?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Now , I'm not trying to offend anyone by any means..

I've been witness to all the happenings with this whole Zimmerman/vs/Trayvon , Trayvon/vs/Zimmerman and I personally don't agree with the trial or the decision by the jury, But at the same time I suppose being acquitted of all charges makes more sense than the "possible" charges that could have took place in regards to child abuse???.. BUT my whole point to commenting on this issue that just drags on is that the recent beatings of white folk around America.. Really? ZIMMERMAN is Hispanic??! LEAVE THE WHITE FOLK ALONE!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Was GZ life in direct jeopardy? Did TM have any deadly weapon on him and threatend to use it?

Since when does bashing someone's head into the concrete not put them in "direct jeopardy"?
edit on 14-7-2013 by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Nobody saw the beginning of this thing so the only evidence we have of the innitial confrontation is from Zimmerman. Maybe he was shoving him, we do not know. He admitted he got out of his car and approached him, we don't know what went on after that, I personally think that Zimmerman should have never been patroling that neighborhood. I consider him a loose cannon, by statements I heard him saying. I believe in neighborhood watches, but I know half a dozen people I would not want being part of a neighborhood watch, a couple who have the same attitude as zimmerman.

please post evidence that Mr. Zimmerman said he got out of his car and approached Mr. Martin.
I did not see any evidence of that.

We do know Mr. Martin ran around the corner then Mr. Zimmerman got out of his car to walk all the way to the top of the T from the street. Then walked past the intersection of the T to the next street for an exact number on the house. Then on the way back across the T intersection Mr. Martin who apparently either got home and came back or was hiding in the dark according to that girl on the phone he was whispering.

I personally would hire Mr. Zimmerman as head of my security team. He showed great restraint. He fired as a last resort. I have to say I would not have let Mr. Martin even close to me. If I turned and someone in the dark asked me if I had a problem and they kept walking towards me. I would have back walked away to get some distance as I drew my weapon. I would not have had to shoot unless he kept coming after that. Mr. Zimmerman for some reason let the beating go on way too long. Oh and I have heard Mr. Zimmerman's interviews and reenactment with police, I did not get the feeling he had any kind of a bad attitude. What gave you that impression? He seems to be a nice guy. Just because his attacker had to be killed to be stopped does not make Mr. Zimmerman a mean or bad person. Lots of good people have had to kill and I know he will not sleep well for a very long time.

Oh and by the way your entire post supports the defense with all that reasonable doubt you have. At least you admit we don't know some stuff. So if you don't know why would you assume the Mr. Zimmerman is the bad guy over Mr. Martin. Is it just the age difference. Or is it something else?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This is what happens when an entire state is on oxycontin... Justice there is far fetched. No one who kills a person in the streets should be allowed to go free. I would have sent him away as a means of mental debrief...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Despite the fact that he was tried and convicted before the trial began..........JUSTICE PREVAILS! I am truly sad for the loss of life but I have greater joy in the fact that the jury...........despite being under tremendous pressure from the race baiters and the msm........were able to tilt the scales towards the truth. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
This whole thing was a joke from the get go. What was the commie king barry thinking when he said if he had a son......he would look like Treyvon? That is sooooooooooooooooooo bizarre. BUT there were several things that were bizarre about this. The Judge........the star witness for the state.......the state.......the msm.........everything.
Things get even more bizarre when you dig a little deeper. Forget the fact that the msm mage GZ a white guy when he is as white as king barry.
GZ's father is a retired judge. A Jewish judge. Treyvon's dad is a straight up mason. Just look at that. There is a history of mason's being used to advance the NWO agenda.
Who knows? That could be nothing.....or that could be everything.
I want to that that jury because they showed some intestinal fortitude. They did the right thing. They are true heros who based their judgement on the evidence alone.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
A year ago the FBI determined George Zimmerman WAS NOT racist !

www.inquisitr.com...

STOP BEATING A DEAD HORSE !

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
What we all need to do is take a step back and review the past few months as to what all has happened since the begining of this case.

From my point of view, the question is what made this one case so different than say from the number of murders that happens in Chicago, or any other place across the country? Why was it so important that it got politicized to the point of gripping the publics attention?

There are 2 other aspects of this case that shows a bit of incompetence on the part of the Judicial system. The first is the Prosecutions case. They were so gun ho to charge, was it due to poltical pressure that goes on up to the White House? It was apparent that no real investigation was done and it was botched. And ultimately when the witnesses and evidence proves to the Jury the Defenses case, there is something seriously wrong there.

The other was the media, what was so important that they would act as judge, jury and exocutioner in this aspect? Could they not have just reported the facts, or at times, taking a break from it, was ratings so important to force it on us?

It all reeks of agenda pushing and it appears to go back to DC, and that Zimmerman got off, is also not going to set well for those who would want politize this.

The facts are that a trial by jury happened and Zimmerman was found not guilty. Now those who believe he was guilty are all up in arms, the question is why? Do they really think that the Justice system is so screwed up that it would let anyone off except those who are complaining?

I believe what we are seeing and it is coming out more and more, is the pure and sheer incompentence of people who have sat in a chair of power for far to long, with out considering that they are replaceble, and ultimately this is only going to get worse.

Something tells me that what is going to happen is that Zimmerman is going to get sued in a civil court, even though Martins family has already recieved a million from the home owners association. And that the Justice Department is going to try and prove a civil rights violation, to try to convict him. If that happens it will only prove that those in DC are going to further abuse the power and postion that they are in and should be removed from office.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What happens if a black man shoots a white kid? And the shooter gets let off with a not-guility verdict?

Link

Link

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join